Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed March 29, 2013

That's about all I've got! Its clean and comfortable and the staff are friendly but its in such an odd location - on a loop road around a shopping mall and with really poor signage to actually find the entrance. Don't even think about staying here if you don't have a rental car or personal driver as the only thing you could walk to is parking lots.
I will end up staying here again because its convenient for me and work locations.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
939MarieB, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Sarah,
Thank you so much for staying and providing us with your feedback. I am glad to hear our hotel and staff seem met your expectations. My apologies that you had a hard time finding us, but I am glad that you know where we are now so you can visit us in the future! If you find yourself without a vehicle on your future trips, please do not hesitate to ask our staff for recommendations on convenient restaurants and shopping, there is quite a selection in the mall adjacent to us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great hotel, free breaafest (waffles, cereal, coffee, etc), very clean and comfy bedrooms (spacious as well), pool and hot tub (very clean and quiet). Very nice area, right next to the mall, very convenient. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Was in the area over the weekend for my daughter's dance competition and stayed here. Great location just off I84 near plenty of restaurants and shopping. Easy check-in..Jackie at the front desk was very friendly and accomadating. Nice clean comfortable room. Excellent hot breakfast(eggs,sausage,bagels,toast,coffee,juices) included! Great place!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 20, 2013

As an elite Marriott member, I stay between 100 to 140 nights a year at various locations around USA and Canada. There are many choices, and I would not be a elite member if I wasn't satisfied with Marriott. This particular Fairfield is the exception. Last time I came here, the staff was incompetent. This time, staff a little better, but if you stay here, you'll rarely see an employee at the front desk. That's because they are hiding. On the rare occasion someone is at the desk, they never make eye contact as you walk by. Too afraid you might ask for something. Coffee is never hot, even during breakfast. It's always cold after breakfast is over. Not complicated to make sure coffee or hot water is at least hot for your quests, but again, this hotel is very challenged. This week, there is no internet. 2 days with limited or no access. Called during these 2 days, and they were "working on it". One of the tread mill machines had the same broken plug in volume as it did 3 months ago. I'm not surprised about some comments by regular Marriott customers were also negative. Its unfortunate. The location is great, and this hotel had a great staff a few a years ago.
Fairfield manager, spare me the "Thank you for your comments crap" you'll no doubt post after you read these comments. Instead, focus and manage your staff and property. Make sure you provide the same great services as other Marriott locations. Stay at the Courtyard or Residence not far away. Worth the extra bucks.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank ivoryhouse
TMIHospitality, Owner at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

I deeply regret the experience you had with our team and you can be assured the feedback was shared with the appropriate departments and managers. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. Bringing a level of care and attention to detail is our main priority. Thank you for taking the time to inform us of areas we can improve on. We appreciate your business and hope you will give the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford another try next time you stay in the area.

TMI Hospitality

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is the modern-day version of a motor-lodge. It's a place to stop for the night if you are traveling along route 84, or to stay for an overnight if you are doing business in the area. There is no spa; there is no bar.

It's *very* clean - I was impressed. Our double queen room had white walls, mostly white curtains, etc. LCD TV. fiberglass tub/shower, with curtain. The lighting was mostly fluorescent, but it wasn't bad. Plenty of plugs for charging things. We arrived at midnight and were gone by 7:00AM, so we didn't check to see if there was a room-fridge.

Fantastic on/off access to Route 84. The hotel shares the parking lot with a very large and somewhat upscale mall. Plenty of places there to get a nice meal, have a few beers, watch the game, shop, etc. - and unless the weather were really poor you could walk there and back.

Lots of pillows on the beds, but I didn't see a very thin one - and I like very thin pillows. Fortunately I had brought my own (it was a car trip, so that made it easy), so I was fine.

It seemed like a nice enough area. Mostly SUV's and vans in the parking lot on a Saturday night.

I'd stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2013

No issues finding hotel & was checked-in early without any issues.

Room was a double queen, decent sized bedroom & bathroom.

Was very cold outside but the heating in room worked well, ended up being too cosy :-)

Popped out and got some food to bring back to room, plenty of options nearby. Also lots of choice to call-out for from hotel.

No issues with internet connection, quick and steady. Good quality TV with plenty of channel choices.

Really good nights sleep, never heard any noise either inside or outside hotel during stay.

Breakfast was fine, couple of hot items and loads of cold items to choose from. Coffee was fine for me.

Used the lobby computer to print out boarding cards, was easy & quick.

Passed the swimming pool (indoor), looked a fair size & lots of towels available.

Check-out was fine, all staff encountered were pleasant.

I usually stay elsewhere in this area but fancied a change, reckon I may have found a new favourite.

Will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AlbertNags
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This hotel is across from the Bucknell mall (might have the name wrong), it is so close you can walk across the parking lot in 3 minutes. There is a theater and many places to eat within walking distance. Even though the hotel shows some signs of age it is clean and well kept. The pool was heated, clean and available longer hours than most other places we've stayed. The hot tub temp was good and the only problem was the jets weren't working, but this was not a major issue. There is a small gym with updated equipment and a TV for those on the treadmill or elipitical. The room was a double bed and wifi in was good in the room, but I've read elsewhere that this may be a problem in some rooms. The only other problem is that the bath (ROOM 301) had a slow drain which I reported and has hopefully been fixed. The staff was polite and helpful, they were able to give us some local insider information on where to eat and go for drinks. They serve morning breakfast that was tasty and filling. We will come back here on our next trip eastward. I gave an excellent for both "kids activities and Restaurants" because there were many things to do within a 1/2 mile radius.

Room Tip: Let the staff know what kind of room you are looking for when you make reservations and rooms at the...