“Awesome Rooms!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The Hotel was Great! Would recommend this Hotel to family and friends! The staff was helpful and polite, everything was super clean and breakfast was until 10 am! They even had a REAL radio in the room, so my husband and I danced a few songs! Awesome time!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shelly h

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I had a great stay at this property. The staff was so warm and welcome, especially Ariann. I had an early flight the next morning and was assisted in locating a taxi service for the ride to the airport! Way to go!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rich C
Reviewed October 3, 2012

As with all Marriott brands, this place stays true to the brand, rooms are clean, neat, and the staff is above average in helpfulness, and niceness. The internet is very slow, and the hotel is hard to find on a gps if you go to the nearby restaurants as there are many shopping centers around that have many one way turns and roads, The Hotel itself is very well kept, and the staff is very friendly though! The location is all that makes this location an obstacle.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrew J
ManchesterFFS_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your kind words about our staff as well as the comments regarding the hotel location; I am sorry to hear you experienced difficulties in finding our property. We appreciate your business and hope you get the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Sincerely
TMI Reviews

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I find that the hotel is wonderful and the staff is very helpful. I have never written a review before but after reading two prior reviews, I am irate that they would spread such trash. Maybe because they dont rent rooms by the hour to local trash would upset certain people. The door locks are not something the hotel manages it is from an outside company, educate yourself. As for the complaint of bedbugs, maybe because your friends were staying at another local hotel and you were at the beach all day accounts for the reason that the lie was spread. I was there when the inspector came twenty minutes after you left, and would you believe nothing NOTHING was found. By the way when you were asked over the phone several times for the name of the doctor or the report nothing was sent...also why didnt the health department come or find anything if they did???? I have stayed for seven years here and never had a problem. I watched as front desk staff carried umbrellas and pulled cars up for people going to a wedding. I have never had a bad experience or trouble with the hotel. As for the rooms being broken and old, the hotel was renovated in the last two years for the second time since I have been a guest here. Go see for yourself, and please spew your lies and gross words some other place.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main road going to the mall are quiet but the mall closes early enough. Being a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bigdaddydiesel
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here in September during parents weekend for UCONN. The hotel is clean and neat. The room was clean and the bathroom had plenty of room with a large countertop. I was on the first floor which was quiet. The only thing I did not like was that I found the bed to ba a little too firm for me, it maybe fine for others. The was a continnetal breakfast with the standard hotel breakfast selection, no hot food other than self made waffle. The hotel is right next to a shopping mall and close to every possible store you could want. Easy access to highway 84.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bdubrow
ManchesterFFS_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your kind words as well as the comments regarding the beds; I am sorry to hear the beds were to firm. We appreciate your business and hope you get the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

All that this property has going for it is the location. Yes it is close to a mall, and area attractions. I agree w/ Julie's review, except my bugs were fruit flies in the room. The hotel appears to be neglected by the owners. 2 of the 3 ENTRY doors with card readers do not work. Plants out front that are supposed to welcome me are neglected and look dying. I am not a smoker, however while I stayed, I did observe several guests propping open doors in the pool area and hallways(due to card reader issue) and smoking "outside" and filling the 1st floor hallway with smoke. The rooms are tired, and mine was in lack of repair (and decent cleaning). A note on my desk said the carpet, drapes and A/C unit were recently cleaned for my experience. The A/C was not touched (I looked - it was CLOGGED with dust), I did ask another guest at the pool to check, they came back and said the same thing ! Ewww I left feeling dirty and a low end Motel feeling which is rare esp for a Marriott property. Poor management, unsavory people in parking lot, do not recommend.

Room Tip: Don't stay on 2nd floor. Lights from parking lot shine directly into room !
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying at our hotel; I can assure you guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. I want to assure you that we have addressed these issues with our housekeeping and maintenance to ensure situations like these don’t happen again. We appreciate your business, and if you’re ever in our city again, please give us another chance to show you we truly care in providing a clean product and great customer service.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed during a business stay in Hartford. I loved the fact it was right next to the mall. Every thing you could imagine you would need was right across the street. Restaurants, clothing, even Target ( i did not use it). The hotel had a continental breakfast. The desk person was not over friendly but I had what I needed however, I was given a list of local restaurants to choose from. The fitness center was satisfactory and the rooms were clean.

I did not like the fact that I had to to the first floor to get ice - the only machine in the building.

The good thing is that it is priced under $100 bucks,

Room Tip: N/A there are only 3 or 4 floors -- not much to choose from.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business