“Great location”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Manchester
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Great location”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed at this Fairfield Inn for a weekend and I wasn't disappointed. I had come over to meet friends in the area and had a good time. The best part about this hotel is its location - right next to the Buckland Mall!! I enjoyed the weekend as I could get to the mall, do shopping and enjoy the food at the nearby restaurants.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a reasonable budget hotel in the Manchester area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for a weekend retreat in July. Price was the same as other much older/not even close to as nice hotels. He LOVED the room. The whole hotel is clean and modern. The bed was super soft (which we loved). It was very quiet. Breakfast had many options and employee was very attendant to keeping it stocked up. Pool is small, but nice... and clean. Near PLENTY of shopping: Beautiful Buckland Hills Mall, Evergreen Walk (kind of outdoor mall), and like 4 plazas. We had a great time. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011
Milford, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My wife's mother is in her mid-eighties. She can still walk (slowly) and take care of herself, but she has her limits. When my wife and I took her on a trip to visit relatives in Maine I tried to get hotel accommodations that would suit her needs.

Based on TripAdvisor reviews I chose the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester as a midway one-night stopover, for both the trip up and the trip back. I reserved an accessible room for my mother-in-law, and was able to get an adjacent room for us. There was a lockable doorway between the two rooms, which came in very handy during our stay. Our two rooms became essentially a large suite.

Not only were the rooms well set up for our needs, we got a significant discount on the rate for the accessible room. A welcome savings.

The front desk made an extra effort to hunt up a couple of doorstops so we could leave the doors between the two rooms open when we wanted to.

All of us were happy with our rooms. We were on the ground floor, on the side of the hotel towards the highway, but traffic noise was not noticeable during the night.

We made use of the indoor pool and Jacuzzi. Both were clean and well-maintained.

The complimentary breakfasts were quite good. They have those make-them-yourself waffles -- far and away my favorite free-hotel-breakfast fare. But they also have some less usual offerings. The pancake-and-sausage-on-a-stick I heard was good.

I made use of the free Wi-Fi for my laptop, and I also used the free lobby desktop computer and printer.

Really, the hotel and staff met our needs wonderfully. I would not hesitate to stay there again, or to recommend them.

If I had to pick at ONE little thing, it would be that the in-room heater/AC fan would cycle on and off unless you turned it to "Fan Only" -- which gives you neither heat nor AC. I've done a ton of traveling in my time, and I really like to having the 'white noise' of that fan running all night to drown out other noises. But noise wasn't a problem, so the fan wasn't either.

Finding the hotel is a bit more of a trick than it should be. It is a very short drive from the Route 84 Exits 60/62, but the roads there are busy, a bit confusing, and the road signs are hard to spot. You are looking for Pavilion Drive and the Buckland Hills Mall. The good thing is once you find a way onto Pavilion Drive and the ring road around the Mall you just need to take a lap until you see the hotel. It's easy to spot the hotel from the ring road.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
United States
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn Hartford Manchester for one night on business. While originally browsing the hotel on Marriott.com, I didn't expect much when the Fairfield Inn brand appeared in the search results. But after viewing the hotel on the website and staying there, I can say that my experience exceeded my expectations.
Location:
Nothing to note. Off I-84 in a suburb of Hartford, Connecticut. Adjacent to a gigantic mall/strip mall combination with restaurants/shops as far as the eye can see. Convenient for an off-the-highway stay, and maybe for grabbing a bite nearby, but not a highlight of the property.
Service: From our experience, service was terrfic. We were greeted, at midnight when we made the reservation, and later at 1 AM when we arrived, by a helpful front desk agent. We found service at the hotel to be up to standard and efficient.
The Rooms:
As frequent Marriott guests, we are very experienced with all eight Marriott brands and, given that Fairfield Inn is the bottom-most tier the hotel magnate offers, the rooms were above our expectations. I found the beds very comfortable (in fact, more comfortable than those at the Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks, a Maine Marriott just renovated). Our queen-queen room was large and comfortable, as well as spotlessly clean, and featured an LCD TV, coffee maker, free WiFi (quite slow, though), and toiletries by Pantene. On the downside, the inexpensiveness of the Fairfield Inn brand showed as the desk, TV stand, nightstands, and coat rack (We happened to get an accessible room, so ours had a large bathroom, but no closet) were, although brand new, made of a really cheap type of wood which just detracted from the aesthetics of the room. The room and hotel did have new carpeting, air conditioning units, and seemed like it was either newly built or fresh out of a mega-, interior-exterior remodel.
Lobby: in contrast to the motel-like feel of most Fairfield Inn properties, the lobby was modern and more typical of the new Courtyard by Marriott; it featured a fireplace, seating areas with modern, modular furniture, and a small business corner with computer and WiFi.
Value:
We paid $109.00 before tax for our queen-queen room, and a larger executive king room was available for a supplement of $20-30. We found tht value was good, and felt satisfied with the price.
Summary: the Fairfield Inn Hartford Manchester is a newly-built/renovated, off-the-highway property a few miles east of Hartford, CT. While the hotel is in new condition, it is still a Fairfield Inn, which means a basic breakfast and simple furnishings, among other things. Nonetheless, the hotel was clean, comfortable, a solid value, easily located for stopping off the highway, and, should we return to the area, we will stay here over the neighboring Courtyard and Residence Inn.

• Stayed July 2011
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We were in Manchester staying at the Fairfield Inn... for the third family function in the last 5 years. Each stay has been a pleasant one. The staff, for the most part, is enthusiastic and responsive. At our registration we were given a memo which basically said that there will be no partying in the rooms. On the first night there was some noise in the room above ours and we called the desk and the noise ended quickly.

Our daughter was with us and we asked for a rollway which was provided gratis but we ended up putting the mattress on the floor as the cot was very uncomfortable. The room was standard size, the TV had an adequate number of channelsand the bathroom and shower were good quality.

The workout room was small but not overutilized and perfect for my needs.

The free breakfast included make your own waffles, as well as standard fare was good except on Sunday, our second day, the staff was not as responsive as we'd like.

In sum our stay, aside from the uncomfortable cot, was a good one. I would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Long Island
Reviewed July 3, 2011

The management and staff of this Fairfield Inn, Manchester, Ct., has learned how to do things well. We were pleased with a stay there a few years ago, so we stopped by again. We enjoyed a wonderful night's sleep in comfortable beds, with a clean, well-appointed room that was quiet. We exercised in the indoor pool (about 3 ft, 6 inches deep). The included continental breakfast in the morning had a good variety, most adequate. The staff was friendly and helpful.
----
I must mention the unusual location at the hilltop Buckland Hills shopping mall. When I went for a walk in the morning, I could look west from this 200-foot elevation clear across the Connecticut River Valley to Talcott Mountain (950 elev.) about ten miles away. Restaurants are in the mall and also at the bottom of the hill.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Virginia
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed here for a long weekend while visiting family. We found the hotel to be in excellent condition - very clean and well kept. The rooms were spacious and quiet (other than the air conditioner which seemed to cycle A LOT). We had a larger king room that had a separate sitting area. The furniture was a little odd -- a small sofa and small coffee table in a space that could have held significantly larger stuff, but all in all, the room was very nice. The front desk folks were ok. The girl who checked us in didn't seem all that thrilled about life in general, but what can you do? When our key cards suddenly stopped working, we visited the front desk and they quickly resolved the issue. The location is close to everything, but it's not the most walkable area. For our purposes, it was a great place to stay and very reasonably priced. We will definintely stay there again when we are back in CT.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Residence Inn Hartford Manchester
Courtyard Hartford Manchester
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester
Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester? Share your experiences!