“Another Business Trip”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Manchester
Exeter, New Hampshire
“Another Business Trip”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great place to stay. Very friendly staff, great breakfast and appetizers on select evenings and clean rooms and close to lots of good places to eat. Coffee available very early for the early risers. Newly remodled restaurant and lobby look great.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
John_Legault, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Jim F.
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us while on your business trip. Our goal is to ensure that everyone has a pleasant stay with us. Our lobby & breakfast area renovations are one of the most talked about parts of the hotel at this time. We hope that we will see you again on your next visit to the Manchester area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
Methuen, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Booked 2 rooms - nice front desk staff, rooms were large, didn't use kitchen area but it look liked it had everything one would need. Bed was comfortable and bathroom clean. They have a fitness center, onsite laundry, basketball court. It is really nice having free wi fi and breakfast. Breakfast had an excellent variety.
Location was excellent close to the highway, restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
John_Legault, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Nancy C.
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we always try to ensure that we have something for everyone. We hope that we will get to see you again if your travels bring you back to the Manchester area.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I enjoyed my visit. The staff is extremely helpful and cheerful. The food was good and the beds comfortable. The gym though small but had everything I needed and the location was excellent. Since I stay for quite a while I was able to enjoy all the local restaurants in the surrounding area and the staff was helpful in suggesting those local mom and pop type places that only locals know about.

Room Tip: I perfer the rooms close to the exits.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Brian F,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I look forward to sharing your comments with the staff. I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and also got to enjoy the Manchester area. We strive to ensure that out guests have a wonderful experience in and out the hotel when they are here. We hope that we will get to see you again if your travels bring you back to the Manchester area.
Epping, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I have been staying four nights a week @ either the Residence Inn or the next door Courtyard, since last November. I find them both to be very comfortable. My overall preference is the Residence Inn, whereas it has suites, fireplaces and the best part, full kitchens. The front desk receptionist (Tacey) is a real peach. She always makes sure you that everything is in order upon your arrival. Her cookies are the best.

Room Tip: Although not a problem, the first floor allows pets.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
John_Legault, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Bob R,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. Our staff strives for guest excellence for everyone who walks through our doors. We look to our guest comments and feedback to ensure that we are delivering a great guest experience as you had with us. We hope that we will see you again on your next visit to the Manchester area.
Isabela, Puerto Rico
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Though the rooms clearly need updating, the staff is incredible. From the girls that fix the breakfast, to the Front Desk personnel, I have always been treated like family. In fact, they have become my extended family. The quarters are comfortable and clean.I get a comfortable and relaxed night's sleep, which is very important to me. i sleep as good as at home!!! Location is also important to me, and this hotel is adjacent to Buckland Hills Mall, Evergreen Mall, and hundreds of restaurants. It is approximately 15-20 minutes from the airport, and another 15-20 minutes from downtown.
Thanks, Residence Inn, Manchester,

Room Tip: I prefer the third floor, and away from the elevator. That way I don't have to hear footsteps or...
Green Features: I love dogs, and though I do not travel with my dogs, the hotel is pet friendly, so I love running into persons like myself, that love dogs too.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
John_Legault, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Francisco V V,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. I also wanted to thank you for the wonderful review you have given us. We enjoy seeing new guests as well as those that visit us frequently. Having a home away from home is very important when traveling for work throughout the year. We look foward to your next visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Trying to find this place on a dark, rainy night (without a GPS) may be a challenge but that's because the road signs are poor - but that's not the fault of the hotel. It was the closest Marriott property I could find to Storrs but it was one of the better ones at which I've stayed.

Room Tip: Elevator was slow. I'd plan on using the stairs most of the time.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear scrmdog,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of our hotel. We were very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that we will get to see you again if your travels bring you back to the Manchester area.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The Residence Inn Manchester is a typical(in a good way! ) Residence Inn with everything I have come to expect from the brand. They are undergoing some minor remodeling and their grill is gone. When I asked when it would return, I was told they are installing a fire pit instead.if you can't cook on it, I don't need it. Without a grill I will shop for another place to stay for my long term needs.

• Stayed March 2014
John_Legault, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Robby,
Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. We are installing a fire pit and will have a grill as well once our patio area is reopened. Thank you for being our guest and we hope that we will see you again if your travels bring you back to the Manchester/Hartford area.