“Great place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Manchester
Waldwick, New Jersey, United States
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Everything from check in to check out was great. Hotel is very clean, Rooms are great and people are kind and efficient. The only issue was they were upgrading their breakfast area and so you had to eat in a room converted into

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

John_Legault, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Michael M,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Hartford Manchester was enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Its the house keeping crew that really shines at this hotel. The hotel is just starting their renovation, so the hotel is a little dated but it is still very clean and kept. The cleaning crew does a great job here and it shows. I have been here 3 months and counting so, I have a very good feel for how things work, the team here is great. The assistant GM ( John ) runs a great crew here, and Mike at the front counter will go above and beyond to make sure you get what you need. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
John_Legault, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Jason S,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Hartford Manchester was enjoyable.

Bridgeport, Connecticut
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Not a great stay. Hotel under renovation. Wish they would have mentioned that before I booked. Breakfast was served in rooms that you would normally sleep in which made it awkward when we went to eat breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

John_Legault, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Kristy E,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to apologize that your stay was less than enjoyable. Our goal is to ensure that all our guests enjoy their time while with us. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Manchester/Hartford area, we hope that you will consider staying with us again and that we will exceed your expectations.
Long Island
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is a case of be careful what you ask for. I received an email requesting I leave a review on TripAdvisor so.....

As a Marriott rewards member including a time share owner this might be one of the worst visits I've had to a Marriott Hotel. I can say the highlight of our overnight stay was check in was very quick. Our problems were

1. When we arrived at our room it took multiple swipes of our card to gain entry
2. The bed advertised as a queen was actually a full sized bed
3. The exhaust fan in the bathroom was extremely noisy
4. The bed squeaked when one of us turned over
5. After returning from breakfast neither card worked.

And by far the worse part was upon check out when we told the clerk of the conditions, she didn't even take notes and say she would have someone contact us.

We will not be staying at this Marriott property when we visit again in the spring.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Walloweye
John_Legault, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Walloweye,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about our hotel. I want to apologize that your stay was less than enjoyable. We hope that we will be able to meet and exceed your expectations if you choose the Residence Inn Manchester on your next visit.
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I've been staying in the Residence Inn for 1 Month+ for business. I have been very pleased with the hotel accommodations, the the services (breakfast, housekeeping, front desk), and the location. My room has been clean and quiet. The service staff is friendly (I can't pass someone from housekeeping in the hallways without them smiling and wishing me a good day), and the front desk staff has been very helpful and accommodating. Tracy at the front desk has helped me me with any special needs, and they even kept one of my bags in a closet in the front desk during a short trip back home. The breakfasts are hot and include a good variety of items. The hotel is also convenient to restaurants and shopping, with an Outback, TGI Fridays, Panera Bread, Chipolte, and other fast food within a half mile of the hotel. It's never very much fun spending a lot of time in a hotel away from home, but I have been very pleased with my long term stay at the Residence Inn in Manchester.

Green Features: They offer the option for not changing the linens/towels every day.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert T
Dear Robert,
Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to sharing your review with the hotel staff. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to the Manchester area.
Clifton Park
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed in a suite. Full kitchen with fridge cooktop microwave and utensils. Two flatscreens one in main room and one in bedroom. Location is near several restaurants and shopping. Overall really nice room for a good value.

• Stayed January 2014
John_Legault, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear skgibbs,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also for being our guest. We hope that we will see you again on your next trip to the Hartford/Manchester area.
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Hi all, I would like to leave a feed back for my stay at Residence In Marriot. My experience has been very good. The staff are very helpful and cordial. They made me feel at home.

I will recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lalatendu_ds
John_Legault, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear lalatendu_ds,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for commenting on our property & staff as well. I look forward to sharing your comments with the hotel staff. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Manchester area.