“Marriott Long-Term Business Stay”

Residence Inn Hartford Manchester
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Selected hotel at recommendation of coworkers, and after staying several weeks and getting feedback regarding other local hotels, I believe it's the best hotel around, and would recommend it.
Cons: Wanted to get wired Internet working but that's apparently being phased out, however, the WI-FI worked well most of the time, with a few slow times.
Had two little girls playing soccer in the hallway once, but the noise was eventually detected and squelched.
Pros: The entire staff worked hard to make my stay pleasant, including maintenance ...I asked to have a few things fixed and they were all fixed the day I asked; including housekeeping, who always smiled and greeted me warmly and of course kept thing tidy; including the food service staff who exceeded my expectations and even saved food for me on days I worked beyond the hours of the evening social; and especially the front desk who helped me solve a multitude of problems that arose when traveling, and with a few short weeks made me feel like family.

There are lots of good nearby eating places and one of the best malls around within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
John_Legault, Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. If your travels bring you to the Hartford-Manchester area again, we hope that you will stay with us again!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

im a Marriott head and I had forgotten how good at times residence inns are. obviously u great a small kitchen with stove and frig and microwave. the free breakfast was fab with lots of choices with many of them healthy. the nightly repast was surprising good bt only served on or stay mon-thurs. they have an outdoor pool and hot tub.

they are located next to an outback and tgif and a Mexican restaurant. close to a very large mall.

I particularly liked the place as I could do an hour walk in a relatively flat area.

bonus was we could bring our dog.

will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
John_Legault, Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have had two extended stays and 10 years of regular travel and I have always been very happy with this Residence Inn. They are accomodating and friendly, everyone says hello. Free breakfasts every day and 2-3 times a week a light dinner. Nothing fancy (stay at a full service hotel if you want that level), but clean, relatively quiet, close to restaurants and shopping. Good parking with easy to access doors close by. Pool if you want it. Love the kitchen and amenities - useful if you don't want to eat out all of the time. Thanks for another great stay!

Room Tip: Don't stay next to the elevator (not too bad unless light sleeper).
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
John_Legault, Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to rate us. We do take pride in delivering exceptional service to all our guests especially our returning guests. That is why we strive to make our guests feel at home every time they stay with us. We are very happy to know that you feel welcome every time you step through our doors. We look forward to seeing you upon your next visit.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel since they opened. The rooms are always clean. The staff is wonderful and very friendly. They always welcome me and make me feel like I have just arrived home. I travel a lot and the staff in this hotel are all really GREAT!! I would only stay at this hotel when in the area!!!

Room Tip: Any room at this property is roomy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
John_Legault, Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We have been coming to this Residence Inn when in the Hartford area visiting family for about 10 years and have always been pleased. On our most recent stay we had a one bedroom rather than our normal two bedroom since our party was smaller. We were quite happy with the arrangements. As always, the room was clean and the bed comfortable. While staff here has always been friendly and helpful, on this stay they were even more so. I don't think we passed a single staff member in the halls who did not smile and greet us.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
John_Legault, Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Service is decent for Connecticut, average for Marriot. Slept in a room next to the elevator and barely slept because of the roaring noise it made every time it went up and down. If you stay here, do not stay in room 120- or any other room next to the elevator.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about our hotel. I want to apologize that your stay was less than enjoyable. We hope that we will be able to meet and exceed your expectations if you choose the Residence Inn Manchester on your next visit.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Spent 2 nights here on a business trip. The room was big and very comfortable with a kitchenette and lounge area. Free internet worked very well. The free breakfast was decent and the staff very friendly. I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in the area!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business