“Good hotel if you need to be in Manchester.”

Residence Inn Hartford Manchester
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have stayed here several times over the past few weeks and although this hotel is fine, it's not quite as nice as other Residence Inns we have stayed in. The location is good close to plenty of restaurants and shopping, most of the staff that we encountered was very friendly and welcoming, the staff at breakfast in particular gave a much warmer welcome than other Residence Inns. Unfortunately, the maintenance is not quiet were it should be in comparison to other Residence Inns. In the rooms we stayed in we encountered a kitchen counter that had food stains on it that I easily wiped off, so it hadn't been cleaned well after the last guest. There was a thick layer of dust on top of the refrigerator in one room and it was still there when we returned to the same room for another stay. We had two rooms with slow running drains, one was the bathroom sink drain and the other was the bathtub drain. I went to open the closet in one room and the frame that goes around the door that has the handle on it to slide the door open and closed was not attached to the door, so all I did was pull on the frame which separated from the door and the door didn't move. I had to go to the other side of the closet and pull the door from the inside. I didn't like the fact that liquid dish detergent was not provided at the kitchen sink (other Residence Inns provide this). There is one package of detergent for the dishwasher and nothing else. It makes me wonder how many of the kitchen items are just rinsed and put back in the cabinet by other guests. There was no way for me to wash my reusable water bottler other than to run it through the dishwasher. We also encountered some chipped paint in a room and scuffed furniture. On the whole, this hotel isn't bad at all, it's just that I have had stays at other Residence Inns that I liked better. The ones in Avon and Southington, CT are nicer.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JWM310

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I had been relocated to CT. Our accommodations were at the Marriott Residence. When we first got there we were greeted with a warm friendly face by Leonore that we ended seeing everyday and when we didn't we missed it. Gloria, Jack, Janine, Micheline, Lynn, Hope, Sue, Donna, John,Jeff,Jim and the names go on made our stay feel right at home and we were sad when we had to leave, because the faces of these extraordinary people made our stay WONDERFUL . We were there for 3 1/2 months, and had a breakfast of champions and two nights a week dinner and a meet and greet with the manager every other week. The rooms were always clean and taken care of with all the amenities of a small apartment. Maybe, get some rooms with King beds though. Extremely pet friendly to our baby.

It was located right across the street from Restaurants and shops that made the time there much nicer.

Thank you for making our relocation into a lasting friendship with the staff and hotel. They were my saving Grace on some days, and you can not put a price on that!!!!

Room Tip: Any room would be great at this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Jack G, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear NYCACTliving,
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your big move. We understand that moving can be a very stressful time, and I am glad that our staff made your transition that much easier. We hope you consider us for any future lodging needs in the Hartford-Manchester area. Best of luck to you in your new home!

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Very comfortable and good location (if you need to stay in Manchester). There are a number of restaurants within walking distance. I always pay attention to the location of the room (for example, I don't want to be next to the elevator). For this hotel, some of the rooms have entrance doors right next to the adjacent room (like 2 feet apart), which means if you have a neighbor who makes a lot of noise coming and going, you'll hear it. But having the bed in a separate room is great. Also having two large (maybe 46") flatscreen TVs is nice.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GarySaw1
Jack G, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Hi Gary,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. If your travels bring you to the Hartford-Manchester area again, we hope that you will stay with us again!

Reviewed May 24, 2012

We stayed there for 6 weeks and the staff made it feel like home. The rooms are clean, well equipped for the stay. There is a large TV, free WIFI, kitchen utensils, etc. that you'd expect to use daily. Breakfast is served everyday and it was a good spread. Twice a week, they serve small snacks too. It is located at centrally and is close to the Buckland mall. There is a small fitness center too, that I used. Finally, the staff is very friendly and helpful. 5 stars.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wanderingshutterbug
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Enjoyed my stay at this hotel for six weeks. Location is perfect and was close to everything. Staff would see to it that all your needs are met. Rate is very affordable and the rooms are really cozy and nice. Loved it!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2012

While on the last week of my 2 week vacation, we decided to stay at The Residence Inn from Wednesday, January 4th through Friday, January 7th. We were given room 334. The room was spacious and had a kitchen with all the necessities required. There were enough dishes and utensils for us, a working dishwasher, and it was a great pleasure to cook 2 meals while staying there.

The bed was comfortable and the we partook in one of the complimentary breakfasteses while we were there. The breakfast is your generic hotel breakfast, however was very nicely laid out and cleanly surrounded. Made to your avail, were small circular ham bites, scrambled eggs, circular plaintains, waffle mix, granola, coffee, tea, etc. The food was very tasty and filling.

I do wish their housecleaning would come earlier though. According to the front desk attendant, an Asian lady, housecleaning has until 4 p.m. to clean your room. I discovered this when going out on errands early Friday morning and returning after 12 p.m., and finding the room unkempt. Calling the front desk, I was notified of this policy. Eventually, when housecleaning lady came up, a pleasant older woman of Peruvian descent, I had her just provide me w/some towels and clean rags for the kitchen. The housecleaning lady seemed so sweet that I started small talk w/her. She really gave off a grandmotherly feel.

As for noise pollution, I found nothing disruptive while I stayed there. Actually, the hotel seemed rather barren while we were there. It is definitely a great place and one I will return to.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2011

This hotel was run by very friendly people with a smile. The room was clean although a bit outdated. Bed not that comfy though I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family