“Very Good!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We visited CW's recently for dinner. We enjoyed our meal very much. The lobster bisque was quite possibly the best I have ever had, thick and creamy with large chunks of real lobster throughout. It was absolutely delicious. I had the Judy's Chicken which was very good. Moist chicken breast stuffed with cheddar cheese and spinach, served with mashed potatoes and creamed cranberry. The only negative about the dish was the mashed potatoes, they tasted as though they had sat and were reheated- dry and not creamy at all. My husband had the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with bleu cheese and mushroom risotto which he loved. We did not have room for dessert but they looked and sounded fantastic! Our server was very knowledgable about the menu, pleasant and efficient. The restaurant is not in the best part of town, in a stip mall type building next to Dairy Queen- don't let the outside of the building or the location discourage you, it doesn't match the quality of food and service inside at all!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Came here as a meeting point before a meeting. Had a table full of appetizers, all good. A few months later I returned for the project, a home build for a veteran, and brought some of my work crew back. Service was fine, price was reasonable and the food was good. Only negative was the tall chairs we were using were not too comfortable. What more can I say.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband & I used a Groupon for lunch on a Saturday afternoon at CW's Chops & Catch in Manchester. Walking in at 1:30pm, with maybe 3 tables full & most empty, we were told there would be a 20-minute wait. We were seated in about 10 minutes, given menus, & while the waitress was a little slow to take our orders, she was very nice. My husband ordered oysters to start - a big disappointment as they were not fresh. His ahi tuna entree, though, was superb. My grilled shrimp Cobb salad was just OK - the shrimp were a bit overcooked.

Between the wait for a table & the wait for our food, this lunch took almost two hours, twice the time it should have. Plus the pricing was way too high for both the quality of the fish, & the area. I doubt we will return.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have been to this restaurant at least a half a dozen times and each visit has been exceptional. The menu is varied with many comfort food selections, a tribute to Willie's Steak House selection and some exceptional fish and beef options. The filet mignon you can cut with your fork.... the butternut ravioli with pork tenderloin - heaven!! For lunch you cannot beat the lobster roll with sweet potato fries and lobster bisque. I am not a dessert eater so I can't speak to that but they do pride themselves on using local and seasonal produce. Although we have eaten in the dining room, we prefer the leisure atmosphere of the bar area seating. It tends to get very crowded so go early or call for reservations.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We found the food to be nicely prepared with high quality ingredients. The rolls were yummy to start off with. I had the Judy's chicken and my husband a shellfish meal, and they were both very good. We also liked the generous portions and the delicious sides. All in all it was a satisfying meal, and we would go back again.

The service could have been a little faster. Also, I did not see where the bathrooms were and could only find a unisex one, which was strange... It would have been helpful to have a sign there pointing to the separate bathrooms, which would have been nicer to use if I had known.

But the food was really good, and I would definitely recommend this restaurant.