“Spring waters and hike a mountain”
Review of Case Mountain

Case Mountain
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Manchester
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Bring a container to fill with spring water from a faucet, then hike the mountain, steep, sometimes rocky with exposed tree roots, but only about 1.5 miles, with nice views of Hartford. Pretty in autumn with expanse of turning leaves. Take a cell phone - people who wander off the trail may get lost. Caution to mountain bikers.

1  Thank suze46
"winter"
in 4 reviews
"benches"

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I hiked Case Mountain today and loved it. The waterfall near the parking lot in the beginning was enough to keep me rooted to that spot and taking pictures all day. When I was able to tear myself away from the beauty of the waterfall I noticed all the equally beautiful stonework of the footbridge and the stone walls. I was impressed.

The beginning of the hike was rather steep and intense. But eventually it leads to a rocky summit where a view of the surrounding cities can be seen. The hike is easier from this point on and the sights are varied and interesting.
The trees provided some much appreciated shade and the boulders scattered about caught my attention enough to take quite a few pictures. There is even a couple of caves of sorts that I discovered and when I ventured to climb higher to take a peek in one I was lucky enough to find a pair of new sunglasses! I needed a pair of sunglasses so that was perfect!

If you take the path that winds around the pond you won't be disappointed either. It's surrounded by a beautiful stone wall and is cooler feeling in the afternoon. It will eventually lead you to a spot above the falls in almost the same area where you began the hike. It's a hop, skip and a jump to the parking lot from there.

The old mill building across the street provided some extra interest to the area for me too. CT was started as mainly old mill towns and I'm going to see if I can find any information on that particular building. There is a sign that says Mohawk Industrial Supplies on the building so I'll start with that but I'm thinking there is a lot more history to be dug up on that building.

1  Thank TreeHugger009
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Been here a few times. Popular & Great place for hiking. Lots of trails. Not too far a drive to feel like you are in the great outdoors.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Very diverse and challenging riding for mountain bikes, and there are also great trails for hiking. Several entry points.

1  Thank leopolean