“Favorite Mexican Restaurant”

Plaza Azteca
Ranked #29 of 196 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Plaza Azteca, we wish to offer our personal rendition of Mexican gourmet cuisine with an innovative gastronomic take on traditional cooking methods, fine Mexican produce and the legacy of our shared food heritage.
Warren, Pennsylvania
“Favorite Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Plaza Azteca is by far our favorite Mexican Resaurant in this area. Everything on the menu is delicious and we have tried just about everything. The price is very moderate and serving size is ample. The service is superb. Definitely treat yourself by having the guacamole cart visit your table. They make the best guacamole using the ingredients that you specify. A couple nights a week they have a mariachi band that serenades from table to table. All in all, a very enjoyable experience.

• Visited December 2012

Manchester, Connecticut, United States
“mexican delight”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Very fast service, freshest guacamole according to my wife. They almost give you too much food and they really have the fastest service I've seen.

Visited August 2012
Hartford, Connecticut
“They need better margaritas”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Ive been here so often, its reasonable and decent food, but their drinks need to be stronger and they need something new on their menu. I dont think I will be going here again, Id find it boring.

• Visited August 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
“Reasonable Portions, Sort of...”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We actually dined at the Wallingford, CT location, but they don't have that restaurant listed here. As far as Mexican goes, it's not a bad choice for middle of the road Mexican food. It's a small chain and they have done a nice job to point out gluten free meal options on the menu.
The main course portions are reasonable, not a mound of food thrown on a plate, which is typical of so many chain Mexican restaurants in the United States.
The elote appetizer, however, is not a good value because they give you one ear of corn for $4! I didn't think the elote was outstanding. They overcooked it and it seemed a bit soggy. Seasoning was good though.
Would I go back? Yes, I would like to try the sopa de tortilla and a few other items. They don't have mole poblano, which was a big disappointment to my partner.
Service wasn't bad. Servers are young and still wet behind the ears, and could use a few pointers on how not to clear a table, e.g. wait for the customer to finish chewing before asking to take the plate away, don't throw the napkins into the dirty bowls and plates while clearing the table.

• Visited November 2012
Enfield, Connecticut, United States
“Everything was great!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband, 3 1/2 year old daughter and I tried this place out for the first time yesterday for lunch and we loved it. The kids menu is great, with a perfect mix of both Mexican and traditional American "kid" food for the pickier eaters, like mine. My daughter had the pizza and fries and liked it. I had the Burrito Cochinita Pibil and I loved it. My husband had the Enchiladas Supreme and he said it was really good. Their Texas Margarita was fantastic.I often find restaurant margaritas to be either watered down or loaded up with way to much mix, but this one was perfect. I was amazed at how quickly our food came out and our server was very attentive.

The last time I'd been in that building was when it had been the Macaroni Grill, so I was amazed at how different it looks inside now; it looks great and I liked that it was kind of dark, but not too dark.

We had a great experience, so I can't wait to go back and try something else!

• Visited November 2012