“Order Carefully”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I'm a fan of Corey's, but on this occasion I chose "The 7-Burger" which would have been first-rate but for one thing: the "peppercorn seared patties" were so thickly encrusted with black pepper as to be overpowering. I like spicy food, but this was more pepper than should be ingested in a single sandwich. I'd suggest trying something else - or ask that the chef go light on the pepper.

There are newer reviews for Corey's Catsup and Mustard

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I don't really watch Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, but I'm aware of it, and I figured that if nothing else, Corey's inclusion on that show meant that they offered something unique. With the area surrounding my hotel subsisting of only bland chains, I went for the chance for something unusual. And in that aspect at least, Corey's delivered. Quirky concepts for combinations of burgers and toppings, but the final product didn't live up to the cleverness of the idea.

This place is described as a burger bar, which is made pretty clear when you walk in. The layout and overall ambiance are that of a local bar, which apparently happens to serve burgers. The bar itself takes up the entirety of the front half of the restaurant, leaving a small back area for tables. We were seated at a very narrow banquette table (which I hate), nearly inserting us into our neighbors' conversations. Overall, though, the place seemed clean, with some nice painted scenes on the wall to try to up the atmosphere a bit.

I nearly ordered a burger, but I was too intrigued by the chicken and waffles sandwich to pass it up. It arrived as a flat-pounded piece of chicken, almost like a schnitzel or a tenderloin, coated in a pretty heavy cracker-style breading and fried. The chicken was okay though a bit tough in places, and the fry had left a mildly greasy feel to the exterior. This was on CCM's "unique waffle bun" which turned out to be simply a waffle. I don't really know what I expected, but I suppose you can't be surprised by this when you order chicken and waffles. There was also a maply mayonnaise, which was probably the highlight of the sandwich. Fries were okay but over-seasoned. I ordered the salt and vinegar variety and they were very very potent, even for a fan of that flavor. Another good idea, and the execution was close but not quite there.

Service was pretty good as well. The servers were friendly when taking our order and asking us how things were, but didn't refill our drinks which had run dry. This was toward the end of our meal, so not a big deal but it would have been nice.

All in all, I think this place has some good ideas for burgers and sandwhiches. Mine was certainly clever, and there were also several burgers that had caught my eye for their unusual topping offerings. But though my sandwich was certainly decent, that's about all it was. I think I would consider returning to Corey's sometime in the future, but I wouldn't really be expecting much.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to CCM looking for incredible burgers and we were not disappointed. We had the cheese fries with brisket and were amazed. Not your typical brisket, finely chopped, but tender and great sauce, perfect for the fries. The 7 burger was absolutely perfect especially with the pretzel roll. Even the sweet pirate fries were spot on. The only down side was the slow service. They were friendly, food came out in a timely way, but we ended up waiting an extra 10 minutes for our check. As busy as it was, that did not help them or us.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Ordered a nice pretzel bun burger, but my favorite food was the fries. If there's only two of you split an order of one, they will give you plenty.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This restaurant was featured on 'Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives' which is what lead me and my party there....(we have a diners, drive ins, and dives club). The place is SMALL...and due to it's air time on Food TV it is always busy. We all got something different from the menu and all of us were very satisfied. I got the roast beef sandwich...and although that sounds boring, to this day i still say it's the BEST roast beef i've ever had. Cooked right there, the roast beef is rare and juicy. The people who got burgers at my table said the burgers were great...as were the handcut fries. They also have a full bar with a wide variety of beer and mixed drinks. Def a place worth checking out. You wont be disappointed!