“Buzz only because of the t.v. show!”

Corey's Catsup and Mustard
Ranked #2 of 205 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was so excited to try this place out especially since there was buzz among fellow friends about the place and it was featured on a popular t.v. show. When I stepped in the restaurant I was surprised by the size. It was pretty small with tables that were so close together that I felt that it was a party of four instead of two. Anyway the waitresses were kind and energetic and the patrons seemed happy, Before my order was taken, I went over the menu a dozen times because there was nothing that really seemed appealing to me so I just ordered the Traditional with bacon and the flavored fries. I will have to give them credit for creativity but the fries were blah. I thought it was going to have real Parmesan cheese sprinkled on the fries but to my dismay it was a powdered substance. The burger was also easy to forget, it was unseasoned, dry and small. I tried my friends' burger which was the Rodeo and it tasted just like mine with sauce. I understood where they were trying to go with the restaurant but they haven't hit the mark. I could of went to Wendy's had something that tasted better!

1  Thank PolkadotGlam1

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We've eaten here twice, on Saturday nights and were told it's 45 min or so wait...fortunately, we soon snagged seats at the bar both times. There's a few interesting burgers, a small number of other things (apps, salads, other sandwiches) and the most interesting thing about the menu is the various flavors of fries. The onion rings are decent.

It's not a big place...a few tables up front and more in the back, separated by the long bar. It's OK. Not fabulous. My wife's burger last night was to be rare, it was medium well. She didn't specify how she hoped her fried egg add-on would be, but it was "like a hockey puck," she reports...she wished it was runny. I've had a sausage burger (red sauce, peppers) and the Whiskey Run (bbq sauce, cheddar, bacon, onions). Both were OK, but I don't sense the ingredients are as good quality as other burger places.

We don't know the options on Main Street very well...I think there's plenty. I'd advise you check them out. Service is friendly and prices are fine, but for burgers I'd go elsewhere. And burgers is really all they have here. If this is your first thought, I'd suggest you switch to "plan B."

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The burger topping selections are vast and some seem unusual but these folks know what their doing so don't be afraid to experiment a little. Its a pub atmosphere which matches the menu perfectly, casual and fun. The only caution I have is for lone diners . . . think twice about ordering a side of fries if you are a member of the clean plate club as the servings are huge - although worth it!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Now, maybe I am wrong in thinking that I should not have to wait 40 min for a table on a Saturday night on Main st in Manchester CT for a burger and sandwich joint. Is all this hoopla because of that bleach blonde rinsed spikey haired caricature Guy dined here? Apparently, since they are playing the clip of his show when he came here on a loop. Who can blame them? I certainly have not been reviewed on a nationally broadcast tv show, so who am I to knock it, right? Well, what I will say is the hype did not live up to my experience, both in the service and food quality departments. Look, it is quite simple. You make people wait an hour for a table; you make up for it with a smile on your face and apologetic tone when taking my order. I felt like the waitress was rushing us and also as if we were the last thing on her mind. I get it, you have other things to worry about, but honey last time I checked you work for tips and these tips are only going to help you become what you will one day aim to become, so rock a smile and get a grip on this reality.

I ordered the beef brisket sandwich, a gooey sweet bbq glazed delight, but the buttered toast bread was a bit much. The fries and o ring combo was bland and uneventful. It was the eve of St Patty’s Day so I can give a certain leeway but when one of our party is waiting for her sweet potato fries for a while and the waitress comes back with “it’s just going to be a little longer, I gave your fries to another table and they already ate them,” it is a little infuriating. What you mean is you screwed up and now you are refusing to even show remorse by offering to comp something. This is the type of deal that sets me off and can ruin an entire experience. So, there you have it. I would not come here again for a weekend dinner. Lunch on a random Tuesday, perhaps. But Corey best teach his staff better service or stop the pretense and spell ketchup how simple way.

1  Thank monal_m_patel
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My family and I went here last night (2-28-13) and as always were so impressed. I got a burger called the "weck" burger and it was so delicious. I didn't even care that I was being messy. The burger was huge but I still ate the entire thing. My son got a traditional and he also ate the whole thing (and he's only 9 and a picky eater)! We love going to this restaurant and the prices are so reasonable! As much as we love going here the hostess is not very friendly and we actually saw three families walk out because no one ever addressed them. Other than that this place is spectacular and would've gotten five if it wasn't for the hostess never being at her station.