“Needs more cow bell”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Needs more cow bell”
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Saw this place recently on Diner's Drive Ins and Dives on the Food network. We had to go to Boston and stopped on the way up.

Ordered 2 burgers and I hate to say it but there was really nothing that stood out about them. They were just average and there wasn't much flavor. Also ordered the french fries and onion ring combo and they were both sub-par. They tasted like fryer oil...really some of the worst fries or rings that I've had.

The service was fine, it's a bar. I don't expect white table napkins or maitre d'es checking in every 3 minutes. They did the job there. It was a little on the pricey side for what we got.

Wish I could give this place a better review but the TV show really oversold it

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank StarboardWash

Connecticut
“Creative, yummy burgers & sandwiches”
Reviewed July 14, 2010

They make some creative twists on your usual burgers, wraps, etc. It's a fun place with lots of yummy menu choices. The service has always been good as well.

jeanna85
“great bar food”
Reviewed April 15, 2010

I went here for the first time last week despite driving by it all of the time. I ordered the Auntie Laurie's burger, which was a beef burger with spicy mustard, lettuce, tomato, cheddar and bacon on a pretzel roll. I loved the pretzel roll and thought the burger was delicious. However, I ordered it medium and it came out medium-rare/rare. I'm not very picky, but I do know people who would have been upset by this. I also had an order of sweet potato fries. The maple dipping sauce that came with it was delicious. My fiance ordered some sort of BBQ burger and the cajun fries. He enjoyed both. The burgers here are ala carte so you have to specifically order fries and pay extra if you want them, but they do have about 5 or 6 different types. The bar area seemed entirely too cramped and crowded on the friday night so we left once we were finished with our food. I would recommend this place for a nice burger and share the fries between 2 people- portions were huge!

Old Saybrook, Connecticut
“awful food, rude waitstaff”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

rude bartenders an waitstaff. the food was terrible, and the atmosphere is very thuggish. if you have a barbed wire tattoo and wear ed hardy shirts, you may enjoy it. parking is tricky in a dirt lot amongst many dumpsters

1 Thank ramblin-food-eater
South Glastonbury, Connecticut
“An excellent addition to Main Street Manchester - superior homemade food!”
Reviewed June 23, 2009

The food is superior in quality and taste. The ingredients are fresh, well-prepared, inventive (but not "snobby" or unrealistic). The prices are very reasonable for the high-quality food received. Try the cheddar soup or the pretzel sandwiches. This place was recommended to me by a salesman at a car dealership, and now I am recommending it to everyone I know. Sometimes the staff can be inattentive, hanging out talking instead of refilling your drinks, but no harm done. The food is delicious and a good value. The atmosphere is fun. It's a great restaurant, a nice addition to Main St. in Manchester. Try also the owner's other restaurant, Pastrami on Wry, also in Manchester and also very good. The food at both places is homemade and really very good.