“my heart belongs to Pepe's”

Frank Pepe's Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #6 of 196 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Vernon, Connecticut, United States
“my heart belongs to Pepe's”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

i have grown up knowing that in Ct., if you REALLY want good Pizza, YOU GO TO Pepe's..Simple to the point..It wasn't until I was in my twenties that i became a"regular"..I even worked for the Pepe's located in Westville(a distant cousin but NOT the ORIGINAL Wooster St Pepe's)New Haven, Ct., for a while.. All I can say is: if you are a "Chicago style pizza lover" maybe Pepe's isn't for you..Their crust is thin flavorful&the edges are incredibly crunchy, smoky,slightly burnt(in a GOOD way), their sauce leaves ABSOLUTELY nothing to be desired&they ALWAYS seem to KNOW exactly how much Mozz to drop on their pies.. My mouth just waters at the thought of chowing down on one of their incredibly sumptuous pizza's for breakfast lunch OR dinner.&that's just one of their regular ol' mozz&sauce pizza pies..If you go to Pepe's and CAN'T find something to love about their pizza's…well, maybe you're just a negative nancy, or possibly just cranky by nature because to me Pepe's IS PIZZA..'nuff said!

• Visited November 2013

• Turkish first
Gainesville, Florida
“Our special turned out more special”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We have eaten here twice in 3 weeks because we had family visiting from out of town and wanted them to try CT-style pizza. Since they are known for their white clam pizza pie, we ordered one of those and two other pies. One with mushrooms and bacon and one with roasted peppers, garlic, and spinach. In the best bites, the clam pizza tasted like garlic. In the worst bites, it was fishy and rubbery. I think we are done with the clam white pizza. The other two pies were good. The bacon is a true bacon, not like those glorified bacon bits in other places. The fire-roasted peppers were also really good. The pizzas are thin but large. We ordered one small and one medium, which will easily feed 4 adults with enough pizza leftover for another meal. It is much pricier than other pizza places.

• Visited October 2013
Vernon, CT
“Definitely Dislike this pizza”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

sorry but this pizza was way tooooo thin for the meal and price - so think one would ask
where is the pizza? like where is the beef?

• Visited October 2012
Colchester, Connecticut
“Close to the original Pepes in New Haven”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We ordered a regular cheese, white clam and a mushroom with Gorgonzola cheese. ALL WERE VERY GOOD and similar to the original Pepe's pizza. Service was friendly and accommodating.

• Visited September 2013
Kensington, CT
“Lacked "claminess"”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Thanks to the generosity of the restaurant's manager, I received a gift card good
for a free medium pizza in response to our less than stellar first visit.
Oh how wish I could write that everything was perfect, but I would be
lying. We ordered a white clam pizza which had my mouth salivating as
we waited for it to be prepared. Unfortunately, the reality was the
B-team must have been on duty because our pizza was way too thick and
lacked the fresh ocean "claminess" we have enjoyed countless times at
the original location. Service this time was much improved, though the
pizza arrived at our table ready to eat suggesting it had been sitting
for awhile. We plan on giving this location one final try, but we will
keep it simple by ordering the tomato pie with mozzarella.

• Visited September 2013