“Quaint and warm”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The food is delicious, the atmosphere is relaxed and lovely. I had a sweet pepper and smoked Gouda soup with a half of sandwich. It was fresh and delicious. We also had the eggnog latte which is a must for a cold day!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I spend quite a bit of time along the shore in CT, and this is one of three places that I wish I could pack up in my bag and take with me to Chicago. Their sandwiches are delicious, the atmosphere is warm and lively, and the servers are polite and friendly. I don't usually partake in the desserts and pastries, but they look delicious. For me, it's all about the panini - they're gourmet sandwiches without being overly fussy. They'll serve them to you with kettle-cooked chips or fruit/apples and of course your choice of drink (local soda, the usual coffee drinks). We love to come here and grab a bite before hitting the awesome book store where I always end up buying something fun.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My friends and I tried this little cafe for lunch during our brief vacation in Madison. The white albacore tuna and the salads were so delicious that we returned another day for an early dinner.
The food is made to order. The turkey panini was amazing as a light dinner option. Hot and crispy with turkey, bacon and artichoke spread. This little gem was the only decent spot in Madison for a quick bite in a clean comfortable surrounding. Outside dinning is on a large well-shaded patio.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I had an afternoon tea break at RJ Cafe & Bistro and it was a perfect way to end the day of browsing books and shopping in Madison. We only wished we had spent the lunch hour there, as it looked like a great menu. As it was we spoiled ourselves with truly special cupcakes and pots of tea. It is a good replacement for the British Tea Shoppe which used to be on Wall Street and is now closed. Next time we will head straight to RJ Cafe and have our luncheon there with the lovely pots of tea and there great selection of teas and food and desserts.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Unique experience, where you can take a book from the store, Munch on a sandwich and cup of tea, while sitting next to the Author / speaker for the evening and chat about their experiences. Nice food, Good atmosphere, even better people. Highly recommend.