“Amazing breakfast!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Just had a breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes, strawberry banana and peach pancakes too. The restaurant is now Christies and the food is great and the renovation beautiful. It is prettier and cleaner than the old Dolly ever was. The new owner is sweet, talented and serving great food. Prices are reasonable and portions large. This is a new place so I would encourage others to give it a try. Our experience was great.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I havent stayed in the hotel rooms, i live in the area, but have dined in the restaurant. 4 of us went last night not sure what to expect. I live nearby and only learned that the restaurant had changed over by driving by and seeing a new sign. Anyway, the dinner turned out good. There were some oddities, such as plastic Bud Light glasses for water, which the bus girl dropped on our table, leaving the tray behind. We chuckled because it was just so strange. Other tables had real water glasses, so maybe they just ran out. Also flimsy silverware wrapped in cheap paper napkins. All in all the food was prompt and tasty, the servers were kind and attentive. I cant quite put my finger on where they are trying to go with this restaurant. Seems they are stuck in the middle between trying to come off as fine dining or sticking with the crab shack theme (minus the crab).

1  Thank ShorelineGuy
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Ate here years ago and was really nice. Not so anymore. We ate outside because it was a lovely night. Didn't know that the outside seating is also where all the smokers go from the bar. Smelled horrible. Food was not much better. French fries were served cold. Macaroni salad was so stale it was edible. Burgers were ok. Much better placed to go in the area.

1  Thank Scouts4
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This place has the chance to soar along the shoreline. It had become a dark, old, dingy drinking hole. No more~it has been cleaned up~resided, painted, brightened up with pretty lighting & the floors have been refinished. Stopped in for a light meal with a friend~the lobster bisque was so good~the grilled cheese on wheat was also great~served on yummy bread from Brooklyn. We were told the menu~which was limited, will be broadened in a few weeks when they have their grand re-opening. So nice to be able to walk to this spot!

1  Thank Dreijunge
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I returned to the Dolly Madison after having experience there the best hamburger (1/2 pounder) of my life last month. This time I ordered the scrod plate and a tuna melt which were just excellent. The scrod was so juicy and the tuna melt was just the perfect blend of tuna and cheese that I had to stop and complement the chef. I choose to sit at the bar this time and found it very easy to engage in conversation with the bartender and the other patrons. It reminded me of the bar on the Cheers TV program that aired a few years ago. I look forward to visiting the Dolly Madison again on my next Connecticut shoreline drive.

11  Thank 201fred