“Not like it used to be”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Not like it used to be”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Ate here years ago and was really nice. Not so anymore. We ate outside because it was a lovely night. Didn't know that the outside seating is also where all the smokers go from the bar. Smelled horrible. Food was not much better. French fries were served cold. Macaroni salad was so stale it was edible. Burgers were ok. Much better placed to go in the area.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Scouts4

“Newly renovated local spot”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This place has the chance to soar along the shoreline. It had become a dark, old, dingy drinking hole. No more~it has been cleaned up~resided, painted, brightened up with pretty lighting & the floors have been refinished. Stopped in for a light meal with a friend~the lobster bisque was so good~the grilled cheese on wheat was also great~served on yummy bread from Brooklyn. We were told the menu~which was limited, will be broadened in a few weeks when they have their grand re-opening. So nice to be able to walk to this spot!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Dreijunge
Hamden
“Great Food, Service and Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I returned to the Dolly Madison after having experience there the best hamburger (1/2 pounder) of my life last month. This time I ordered the scrod plate and a tuna melt which were just excellent. The scrod was so juicy and the tuna melt was just the perfect blend of tuna and cheese that I had to stop and complement the chef. I choose to sit at the bar this time and found it very easy to engage in conversation with the bartender and the other patrons. It reminded me of the bar on the Cheers TV program that aired a few years ago. I look forward to visiting the Dolly Madison again on my next Connecticut shoreline drive.

• Visited March 2013
11 Thank 201fred
Waterford, connecticut
“Excellent food, hospitality and personal attention”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The food was very good, large portions and an extensive menu ( most entries under $20.00). We had a variety of dishes and all were served hot and together. The service was excellent, we never felt rushed. The atmosphere was warm and cozy (a fireplace even!). All in all, we had a wonderful evening.

• Visited February 2013
13 Thank Al S
Bronxville, New York
“I love this Place”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I first came here for a Valentine’s Day meal Four years ago and have been coming back ever since. The food is delicious and there is plenty of it. You will never go home hungry that’s for sure. I'm a Vegetarian and they always accommodate me and go that extra mile.

The bar itself has a real friendly atmosphere. There always seems to be a nice mixture of locals and newbies. If you are new, then the Manager Dave goes out of his way to make you feel welcome. He did when we first went.

It's our local now!