“Wonderful find for brunch”

Elizabeth's Cafe at Perfect Parties
Ranked #7 of 50 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Over from UK on business trip and wanted to find typical but not over the top brunch. This place was the best find - utterly delicious food, well priced but really beautifully cooked. Great choice of menu and nice staff. Delicious coffee. Had poached eggs on smoked salmon - not the uncooked type from UK but a lovely chunky piece of salmon - with hollandaise sauce - yum! Comfy restaurant. It was full of locals - we got chatting with a local couple who go every Sunday - families, couples and singles. One of the best eating experiences during my trip!

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Dropped in for a late bite to eat. A couple tables were available. The wine list was extensive and had many by the glass options. We weren't too hungry so we got a little something. My salad was excellent. Fresh and just the right size. My mom got one of the specials. The chicken was moist and tender. The only drawback is the tables are packed in so you are very aware of your neighbor's conversation.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were on our way to Old Saybrook and decided to try lunch at Elizabeth's Café. Had trouble finding a parking place until we discovered there is parking behind the restaurant. The waiter was fun and prompt with our food. The food was very good. We each had 1/2 tuna fish sandwich and a cup of New England Clam Chowder. The sandwich was quite large and good. The Chowder was Excellent with lots of clams. We'll for sure re-visit if in the area.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I dropped in on a Friday night without a reservation and got in. Squished at a tiny table by the window I was wondering how another person could have possibly fit at this table set for two! However - the service was wonderful. I had the celeriac soup which was fresh and tasty, and the lemon pappardelle was very good. My glass of cabernet was divine. The "cafe" in the title is a bit misleading as I didn't expect such super-high prices- so if you have a full pocketbook it is worth it.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were in Madison for just one night so we were lucky to get a table at Elizabeth's Cafe without a reservation. The place was full on this late September Thursday evening, and yet we enjoyed an intimate dinner. The staff was very friendly but not intrusive. We could take our time to enjoy the meal, there was no rush and that was perfect. We tried the mussels in white wine sauce, caesar salad, crab risotto and fettuccine carbonara. I do not have anything negative to say about the meal, we enjoyed every bite. My only regret is that I didn't have enough appetite to finish my plate!