“Pleasantly surprised! ”

Ranked #11 of 49 Restaurants in Madison
South Yarmouth, Massachusetts, United States
“Pleasantly surprised! ”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Needed to stop coming from Annapolis to Cape Cod for a bite. (500 miles) Not a large dinner! My wife had a flatbread pizza. Exceptional! Half is coming home. I had a blackened salmon dinner, wow was that good. So much for a bite.
Sat at bar. Lisa was so so nice.
And a Cape Cod fan!
Thanks for making us feel like a regular.

1 Thank Phil E

• Korean first
Madison, Connecticut
“excellent local pub”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is our favorite local place. Always warm, friendly , casual and the food is outstanding for pub-style food. The seared Ahi Tuna Nachos are probably the best thing we've had and we go back just for these. They are so accomodating that they will even serve them over extra greens instead of on chips. The Pastrami Reuben is my husbands favorite. The meat is lean, tender and it just melts when you bite into it. The salads are large and fresh, and even the pasta is creative. The chef has even substituted shrimp for sausage in one of the pasta dishes for me. The wait staff is friendly and incredibly hard-working. They are knowledgeable and always accurate with our orders. They definitely do NOT have a "bad attitude". The owners even pitch in and serve food when it is really busy. They are always friendly and professional. The music is definitely loud but always good, and hey, don't stay if it's too loud for you! The parking lot is always packed which also tells you how popular this place is!

• Visited November 2013
“All around good experience”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Ive been to Donahues countless times since theyve opened and Ive nevet had a bad experience. The food is outstanding and extremely fair priced. Im astonished that this place doesnt have more good reviews. Whether you're coming back from Hammonasett or taking a sunday cruise down route 1, you should definitely grab a bite to eat here.

Shelton, Connecticut, USA
“Good Service & Food”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Good casual place to have a good meal. Lots of options to choose from and good to bring the kids, as we did. Price is fair. Service was very good as well. It's a small place, but that didn't bother us. We would eat there again if in the area.

Visited July 2013
New Haven, Connecticut
“great potential”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I am a local too, service is terrible, staff never get my order correct and they are not accommodating when revisions are needed, staff have a bad attitude, to bad as this could be a much needed nice bar and grill, bar can be loud but you can sit in the dinning room, food is actually good, atmosphere is nice, clean and modern, I always get a salad with chicken or salmon yet they always put whatever they want on it and do not seem to look at my order which always holds several ingredients. I have become tired of the attitude and go there less. I hope they read this and fix the service issues because this place has great potential.

• Visited May 2013