“Nothing special.”

Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Renowned Owner, Author and Executive Chef, Silvio Suppa, of famed Wooster Street in New Haven, has perfected every culinary detail and created decor and a menu that blends the best of both old world styles, techniques, and traditions with today's new world tastes.Winning culinary awards each year, Cafe Allegre and the landmark "Inn at Lafayette" ... combined to create an unforgettable and uniquely shoreline dining and lodging experience. Family friendly!
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Nothing special.”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I went to Cafe Allegre this evening because it had been on my bucket list of restaurants to try. I was disappointed. We were seated in the glassed in porch where it was freezing because the a/c was blasting. The service was ok but not great. And the food was nothing special. Traditional italian with unnotable side dishes.

• Visited August 2013

Natick, Massachusetts
“Very Classy Response”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

After posting my experience during my niece's high school graduation in June the manager contacted me directly to apologize. I felt t was a classy move and sincere. Café Allegre has a
very good reputation and is considered by the locals to be one of the finest restaurants in the area.

The town of Madison CT has a very unique post high school graduation tradition where all the graduates go back to the high school by 10PM for a all night post graduation party with fun and games. Better communications with my family and the wait staff would have prevented a disappointing experience.

• Visited June 2013
Avon CT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food on the patio with a European bent”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Had a wonderful Sunday lunch on the front patio under the verdant plantings. All three of us, including one daughter who has special dietary needs, were easily and deliciously accommodated. The service was helpful and friendly. The food, even the salads, were special and yummy.

Visited July 2013
Pawcatuck, CT
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was our first visit to Cafe Allegre. A traditional white table cloth atmosphere. Our waiter, Karl, was very skilled and personable. He possesses a professionalism not commonly found in this day and age. The Italian based menu is very varied and expansive offering many dishes not often seen on menus. my appetizer was an eggplant roullatine served with their award winning marinara type Sunday sauce. A top quality crusty bread was served with an olive oil accompaniment. House salad came with all entrees (something not seen very often these days.) Our entrees, all excellent, were: Chicken Parmigiana, Cheese filled Ravioli (both served with the Sunday sauce) and a Calves Liver dish (my only negative critique was the offering of crumbled Pancetta which turned out to actually be three thick slices of American style bacon which overwhelmed the dish.) Our desserts were: a frozen Chocolate Truffle, Cranberry-orange Cheesecake and Lemon Sorbet served in a hollowed out lemon, all very good. Along with a glass of wine and a soft drink the tab came to $98.80 plus tax and tip. A very reasonable price.

• Visited July 2013
Madison, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We dined at Cafe Allegre last week and took advantage of their Prix Fix menu - which was more than filling @ only $28.95 from salad to dessert! I had the "Chicken Veronica" which was so tender and topped with fresh grapes and a champagne sauce, I believe, and my husband had Coconut Crusted Tilapia - which I had to dig into too, and it was light and very fresh tasting - no fishy taste at all, with a mild, crunchy coconut flavor - perfection! I don't know if this special lasts all year, but will certainly go back and try other dishes as well.
I know Chef Silvio wins awards for his cuisine, and even wrote a cookbook, which is why we stopped in and he did not disappoint! Highly recommend; food and service was excellent!

• Visited June 2013