“Excellent food and atmophere”
Review of Allegre Cafe

Allegre Cafe
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Renowned Owner, Author and Executive Chef, Silvio Suppa, of famed Wooster Street in New Haven, has perfected every culinary detail and created decor and a menu that blends the best of both old world styles, techniques, and traditions with today's new world tastes.Winning culinary awards each year, Cafe Allegre and the landmark "Inn at Lafayette" ... combined to create an unforgettable and uniquely shoreline dining and lodging experience. Family friendly!
Connecticut
“Excellent food and atmophere”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I went with three other couples on a busy Saturday night and we all agreed we would be back. We ordered various appetizers, entrees and desserts, along with two bottles of wine; the quality was excellent and preparation was superb. Prices were reasonable for what we ordered, and better than most restaurants along the shoreline. Our waiter was a lot of fun, and once a couple of large parties left, we were able to hear each other. It was worth the 40-min drive, and we are also looking forward to visiting during the week to try lunch.

• Visited April 2013

Guilford, Connecticut
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

It had been sometime since we had been in to the cafe even tho we are Madison residents for 25 years. Now we remember why. Let's start by saying the wait staff were great! It goes downhill from there. It was a Saturday night and the place was packed and very noisey. Very difficult to hear the conversation from the other 3 people at my table. Kitchen was very slow at getting entrees out. My fish and potatoes were cold? I didn't want to send it back but my table mates insisted. When I got my dinner back it was hot but pretty much a mess on my plate. The prices did not match the quality or presentation of any of the 4 meals we ordered. Too bad there is no good places to eat for a reasonable price in Madison.

2 Thank debbie06437
Hartford CT
“Didn't get to the top by luck; they deserve it”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I took a couple friends here the other night. It was bad weather so we expected a small crowd. Good thing we had reservations! Good service; good food; prices were average. We ordered the stuffed artichoke appetizer and it was outstanding! The waiter told us that they have customers who request a call when those are on the menu......

Only slight improvement I'd suggest; when I called at 2PM to ask for any specials, the person who answered treated me as if I asked for free meals. "No restaurant knows what specials will be until 5; call back at 5." Now it's fine to settle that at 5, but many fine restaurants plan and
know their specials earlier in the day. We will likely visit again.

• Visited March 2013
Guilford, Connecticut
“"6 Stars" One of CT's BEST.”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I live in a neighboring town and eat here regularly...including events, birthdays, and many a holiday...Easter, Mother's Day. Always- Consistently Excellent. Food quality, atmosphere, service-- A+ This family has it (restaurant business) down...run like a tight ship, but in a relaxed, warm, friendly, professional atmosphere. And Chef Sylvio's cooking...I don't know how he does it, but ANYthing I've ordered there is the BEST I've ever tasted that dish, and is consistently excellent. Not an easy task in a restaurant this constantly BUSY...but he nails it every time.
Also not easy to accomplish in a restaurant this busy, but is my experience, every time---be it a packed holiday rush, a family event, busy happy hour or any day....I've never experienced anything negative, a mistake, a long wait...nothing but excellence...over and over and over.
Don't walk...just GO, and enjoy! It's simply the best.

• Visited December 2012
Killingworth, CT
“Just delicious”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Came by on a Saturday night at 9:30 pm for a light, late dinner and the place was packed with people obviously enjoying themselves--the bar was crowded as well. The waitstaff was friendly and accommodating. We started with a pane cotto and fried calamari, both of which were excellent. The waiter divided them evenly onto our own appetizer plates--a nice "family style" touch. We followed this with eggplant rollatini which was also delicious. For dessert we had a cannoli (they buy the shells but make the cream themselves) that was light and flavorful and a serving of blackberry sorbet that was refreshing, tart, and tasty. The house merlot was okay but nothing great.

• Visited March 2013