“Fresh Asian Food”

Jia Mei Asian Kitchen
Ranked #13 of 50 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I am glad the shoreline has finally gotten a consistently good Asian restaurant. I hesitated to review it because it is "my" hidden gem! The food is beautifully prepared with fresh veggies galore. Tonight we tried the basil beef and garlic chicken; both were outstanding. Their BBQ pork appetizer is delicious and the hot and sour soup is loaded with chicken, tofu, bamboo shoots and mushrooms. I have enjoyed all my meals there as well as take-out.

2  Thank KRTRIPSTER

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I brought the bowl and Jia Mei's chef prepared a wonderful contribution for a pot luck lunch - vegetable lo mein garnished with broccoli and cashews accompanied with chop sticks for all.
Why cook? Jia Mei was ready to be creative for a last minute party idea.

1  Thank FireFlyFaye
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I needed a lunch venue before my family left for the day. I called Kevin Yan Lin, owner of Jia Mei and he said he could seat all of us for lunch. His spanky, new and clean dining room reminded me of a small New York café. His menu is simple, prepared with fresh ingredients and very reasonable. I love the menu design – From the Sea, From the Land, From the Sky, and From the Earth. Everything you love best about Chinese, Thai and Asian specialties is offered here.

If you haven’t met Kevin Yan Lin, it is time to do so. He is warm, there to help and please you, as is his staff. His new kitchen, entirely stainless steel is amazing with sauces and bowls of ginger and garlic ready to augment any dish. Plain and simple, dining here was the end to a perfect Mother’s Day. Bonus: Kevin prepared a child’s pair of chop sticks for my 3 yr old grandson who mastered his noodle dish with skill.

1  Thank FireFlyFaye
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Thought it was very good, but the entrees were a bit bland. I would give 5 stars if it had just been my dish, but that wasn't the case. Other than that...clean, friendly, quick

2  Thank ShorelineGuy
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great fresh Asian food, moderately priced, with great service too. Jai Mei is simply a wonderful and much needed culinary addition to the shoreline scene. We have eaten here on numerous occasions and found everything, particularly the food, to be wonderful. If you enjoy eating Asian cooking, don't miss eating here.

2  Thank MassachusettsRob