“Best pizza place”

Portofino's
Ranked #25 of 55 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 10, 2016 via mobile

I like the Hawaiian delicious with the hint of cinnamon. Also the Yankee clipper is a nice spicy meaty pie. The crust is crispy and slightly chewy deliciousness.

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed December 11, 2015

it is not often that pizza places are better known for the subs and breads, but that is how my family feels about Portofinos. The pizza is fine, but the italian grinders and pepperoni bread are the better choice I feel.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed July 4, 2015 via mobile

Went in, asked for a chicken club. Hands down one of the best I've had in a while!
The baguette toasted was great! I'd say I'll make more visits!

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed June 28, 2015

They offer a pretty wide Italian choice of food and they do it really really well. They nail the pizza spot on! A wide choice of pizzas, from the common choices, Sicilian, and also specialty pizzas...not the typical offerings, much more. The calzones are huge and filled with lots of stuffings. The dinners such as backed ziti, lasagna, manicotti, etc are really well made. The dinners come with a salad and bread. Soda etc are for sale and typically offer cannolis Prices are more than fair for the quality and size you get. It's primarily take-out but there are a few tables to eat in. The staff is friendly and a happy customer is important to them.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed December 30, 2014

We all descend on my sister's house the night before Thanksgiving and she orders an enormous veggie lasagna with extra veggies and several different kinds of calzones. It is amazing. You can taste the variety of veggies in the lasagna rather than most places where all you taste is cheese. The variety of calzones is amazing. We live in PA and I cannot wait for them to get a menu on line so I can try to replicate the stuffings down here. Since many of us run in the Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning, that dinner is the perfect carb load we need. I think I look forward to Portofino's food more than Thanksgiving dinner!

Date of visit: November 2014