“I truly felt like I was treated like family.”

Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we booked our reservation with Andrea it was truly a magical experience. Our room exceeded our expectation. It was luxurious, private and quiet. The view and the sound of the ocean was blissful. Each meal at The Wharf Restaurant was excellent. Tyler and his staff with our servers Julie and Kathy were gracious and attentive. Dana in the spa kindly set our services and Krisztina provided a gifted massage. We will be back and will recommend to friends and family!

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed December 17, 2013

From the minute you pull up to the hotel the employees treat you like family. All through the hotel
every employee you meet says hello and asks if there is anything they can do for you. When you
say thank you they reply "no thank you" The food is exceptional.The views are outrageous.Trish the concierge is the best, she made our aniversary truely extraordinary.I went to the spa for a manicure and the manager sat and chatted with me like we were old friends, I left so relaxed and happy.Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All the rooms have an ocean view and are very reasonably priced.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I eagerly anticipated the opening of this completely rebuilt hotel on the shore in Madison. My husband and I stayed for a weekend the Summer it first opened in 2012. They were still working through running the place but even then, the top dollar they command was not worth it. The rooms are poorly decorated with oversized, dark furniture - desks and hutches but no real drawers for clothes. The small refrigerator was crammed in the hutch with no ventilation so it was overheated and not working. I had no table next to my bed, so no place for phone, water... The staff was friendly but poorly trained.... I mention the refrigerator because they came to fix it, pull it out and let it sit free standing so it wouldn't overheat... We suggested they ventilate the cabinet... Maybe a hole... So hot air could escape.. We visited the hotel this past Summer 2013 and encountered the same refrigerator problem, different room.. And the same problem with staff... This town is near and dear to me and I'd love to recommend this hotel but for the moment, the only thing going for it is the view. It is too pricey for what it is.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Kellydaughter
John M, General Manager at Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Kellydaughter -
Thank you for taking time to post a review. Interesting that you mention the refrigerators, as we did install vents in all the hutches to address the problem. I was under the impression that this had resolved the issue, but will reinspect based on your feedback. I wish we had had the opportunity to connect when you were here last summer so I could have addressed any other problems you encountered with your stay. I typically receive very positive comments about our staff and service, but we don't bat 1,000 and always have rooms for improvement! If there are any specifics you wish to share, please feel free to reach out to me directly at the number below. We hope to see you again at MBH!
203-361-9355

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Had a dinner/coctail party for 21 people on Sept. 22, 2013. Dinner, service, room, everything was outstanding. Couldn't have been better. Staff bent over backwards to make evening great. All of us loved it and had a ball. Will plan a reunion there again in 3 years and hope same staff is still there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Norman S

Dear Norman S -
Thank you for your kind comments. We enjoyed serving your party and are pleased you had a great time. We'll do our best to retain the staff for your next reunion!
John Mathers

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I am a GM of a luxury 108 room Hotel in Oklahoma City. I was home for the weekend after watching this hotel be re-built and I wanted to check it out. We walked into the hotel and asked to see a room. We were greeted with smiling faces and a "good afternoon". A bellmen by the name of Andrew or Alex showed my wife and I a room. Rooms were very nice and clean. The bellman had knowledge of the hotel and what it had to offer.

We decided to have a drink in the bar as we felt welcome so far. We sat at the booth in the bar area. Tucker was our server. Tucker was first class. We had 2 glasses of wine and 3 plates for lunch.

I will be back home in Branford Ct from the 18-30th of Dec. I already told my wife we need to come back to here to enjoy a glass of red wine and some food.

She replied "its a date"

Great job and keep up the great customer service.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank thomasjsullivan
John M, Manager at Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear thomasjsulivan,
I was pleased to read your review and learn that you enjoyed your visit and tour of the Madison Beach Hotel. Thank you for your mention of Andrew and Tucker; I'll be sure to recognize them both for your comments. Please be sure to ask for me the next time you visit so I can say hello in person.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Our family had to travel to CT for a lacrosse tournament and ended up staying at this hotel because of its proximity to the playing fields. I had located it through an internet search. From my initial call to make our reservation to the final checkout....everything was great! The staff was accommodating from start to finish. All rooms are brand new and have amazing ocean views with private balconies. We had an excellent dinner at their restaurant, The Wharf, and breakfast in our room the next day. We will definitely be back again! Highly recommend!

Room Tip: There is no bad room at this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank JMC1313
John M, General Manager at Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear JMC1313 -
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during the lacrosse tournament, and for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, The Wharf, and especially, the staff. WE look forward to welcoming you back to the West Wharf soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Spectacular, new, waterfront dining and luxury boutique hotel. The Sunday Brunch is a must visit! Spa was excellent and we highly recommend the stone massage. The staff were all so "New England" friendly and warm. Great bar area and the restaurant is waterfront, so there are beautiful views everywhere. Take a walk on the beach or go for some shopping in-town or at the the Premium Outlet Center in nearby Clinton. Saks, Ralph Lauren Polo, Brooks Brothers, etc... Great deals!
Our king bedroom was perfectly appointed and everything was in working.
A breathtaking sunrise from the waterfront rooms! We'll go back asap!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tcorona269
John M, General Manager at Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear tcorona269,
Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay at the Madison Beach Hotel. Glad to hear you enjoyed the spa, and found some good local shopping. Your sunrise photo is terrific! Hope to see you again soon.
John Mathers, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Cliffside Resort Condominiums
Pier Blue Guesthouse
Pier Blue Guesthouse
#4 of 7 in Old Saybrook

Been to Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!