“Beautiful setting, great views, great food”

Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This a way a quick weekend getaway. My expectations weren't that high. I was very impressed. The hotel was beautiful, the views were amazing as was the service. I was surprised at how good the food was. We enjoyed lunch on the veranda and the famous Sunday brunch.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
John M, General Manager at Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Kayla H -
Thank you for your kind comments. Our staff takes pride in serving others and alway enjoy receiving positive feedback. I'm pleased that you felt we exceeded your expectations, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Best Regards,
John Mathers, General Manager

Reviewed October 20, 2013

You know how sometimes the 2nd visit just doesn't quite live up to the first? Well, this 2nd visit of mine to the Madison Beach Hotel was probably BETTER than my first! My husband surprised me with this overnight...just for me...and he booked 3 treatments at their wonderful spa, and all my meals were set, too! I just had to pack quickly (I was informed of this getaway upon arriving home from work), drive there, and enjoy! The staff is incredible!! Friendly, knowledgable, helpful...I was actually recognized by a couple of people from having been there in the Spring! My spa experience was outstanding! Dana, the director of the spa, is incredible! Both she and Trish at the front desk of the hotel had helped my husband plan this, and both were excited for me and told me how excited HE was to be doing this for me! My meals were amazing. The fact that EVERY ROOM is on the water, the restaurant is wonderful, the staff is amazing, the spa is incredible...I will definitely be returning for visit #3! I just love this place!

Room Tip: Every room is a good room!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank M L

Dear M L,
Thank you for taking time to share your comments. We are delighted to hear your second stay was better than your first, and that you're looking forward to visit #3! Also, glad to hear you pampered yourself in our spa. Its really a shoreline treasure! We really appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best Regards,
John Mathers, General Manager

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We enjoyed this hotel in March and it was so lovely again in fall; nice and quiet. We saw a couple of weddings there but they didn't interrupt the peace and quiet. The rooms are so comfortable and lovely with views of LI sound that go on forever. The Wharf restaurant, where you can dine in or out, has great food and service too. A walk on the beach or in the area is relaxing as well. Sitting by the fire in the lobby and looking out on the water while reading the NY Times or Wall St journal while your luggage is tended to is pleasant as is sitting out on your own balcony. Outlet shopping is right nearby which was our reason for going this time.

Room Tip: We like the SW rooms as the NE ones get a lot of sun but we did see one and it was beautiful with go...
1  Thank peggyvb
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Clean and comfortable with a beautiful ocean front view. Service was prompt and straight forward. Rooms were very clean and generously sized. Large bathroom with a big soaking tub and large separate shower. Nice sized balcony with ocean views and chairs to lounge. Enjoyable and very comfortable and very clean stay. Slightly expensive, but worth the price. Conveniently located to central Madison.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had our honeymoon here in October of 2013... off season for this beach front hotel. The building is new and so is pretty much everything in the hotel. Very clean. Luxurious. We had massages at the spa. Professional spa staff, excellent service in a comfortable atmosphere. We ate at the restaurant hotel "The Wharf"... great food and impeccable service.

This is right on the beach. Even off season it's fantastic. Great balcony with plenty of room to relax. Fireplace in the room but it wasn't cold enough to need it. Giant tub and giant stand up shower in a very large/new bathroom. Lots of nice luxury touches in the bathroom like bath salts, shampoo/conditioner in the shower and toiletries.

Housekeeping stopped by to ask if we wanted bottled water or ice.

The staff is very accommodating.

This is a pretty pricey place to stay, but is well worth it. Not much going on in the surrounding town, at least off season... but you don't care because you don't really need to leave.

Super comfortable beds!

We will be back on our anniversaries for sure.

Room Tip: Southwest side has the best view of the ocean, but all of the rooms appear great!
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is the place to come if your intent is for a peaceful solitude right along the ocean. This top notch hotel is the place for adults to relax and unwind. Although kids and pets are welcome, it's really a place where kids would be bored - and I am thankful for that! I so enjoyed being away from my kids and others - it was a quiet and superb place to hang out and enjoy a drink - on the chaises, on the oceanfront balcony from our room, and from the restaurant - all while being able to carry on a conversation. Although someone thought a pool would enhance the premises, I think this would tend to draw young families - which this is why the resort is a high-class act. There are plenty of hotels/motels that cater to families with pools, and not enough that are upper scale for adults to enjoy the finer things in life. In addition, this is not quite a beach area that caters to ocean swimming - those are found more plentiful in MD, NJ, and MA. CT has more marina areas. Now for the rooms - nothing much to improve on! Although everyone has different tastes in decorating, the rooms all have an oceanview and are pleasantly decorated. Very clean and comfortable - nice upscale touches - we had an amazing fireplace in our room with a king bed, which was very unusual ammenity and added to the relazing ambiance. Sweet! We did miss a comfortable sitting chair or two - my suggestion would be to replace the desk and chair with 2 chairs and a small coffee table. If the weather is not nice enough to go outside, it would be nice to have a cup of coffee inside while watching the flat screen TV. A sunken tub and a huge shower with marble tiling abound. I wouldn't want to try to bathe a kid in these luxurious tubs! The expensive plantation-type shutters were so unique instead of curtains and drapes - again, not designed for the young. The balcony had 2 rattan chairs with cushions - we would have preferred the lounge chairs that some other balconies had; we would have been much more comfortable! The balconies would have been a touch nicer if the railings between the two rooms had a frosted plexiglass or plastic in front of them just for a little more privacy feeling. By keeping it just on the lower part you might not be sitting a few feet from your "neighbors". The only thing I found strange in the rooms was the lack of a soap dish! Funny thing not to have - they provide Gilcrest items but no place for the bar of soap! A simple fix if the hotel reads this :) . The staff - everyone, and there were many, that we encountered on the premises, was very pleasant, attentive, and helpful. We ate lunch an dinner at the Wharf - lunch outdoors was amazing - the views, along with the clam chowder, cod & chips were great. Dinner was excellent - the potato wrapped cod and the swordfish was superb. The only thing that I was disappointed in were the table and chairs. The photos depicted in the website showed elegant white tablecloths - which looked expensive and upscale. In reality, the captains chairs and the dark wood tables reminded me of a Red Lobster. It could be remedied quite simply, and the atmosphere would be improved substantially. In summary - we will be repeat visitors - wish we could have afforded to stay longer! If you are looking for serenity with a view, this is the place!

Room Tip: All are oceanfview and would be great.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fairreviewinny
Reviewed September 19, 2013

One night at the Madison Beach Hotel midweek. Friendly receptionist, nice entry. Room had a view of the sound and was decorated well. Comfortable bed, bathroom. Bar/restaurant were very nice. Ate at the bar- Swordfish was excellent and desert (the house speciality) a peanut butter and jelly sandwich desert was "interesting".

Spa was "ok". Masseuse was friendly. Gym was small and well equipped. Check out process was easy. Expensive but nice for that special occasion.

Room Tip: None... all rooms are good!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Cliffside Resort Condominiums
Tower Inn & Suites
Tower Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Guilford

Been to Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!