“Wonderful weekend getaway!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Madison
Dover, New Hampshire
“Wonderful weekend getaway!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Arrived from work on Fri PM (around 8PM). Valet took my car, luggage....I checked in...and my jaw dropped when I saw my room! Sleigh beds! A private balcony overlooking the water (all rooms do) with really cool louvered sliders instead of curtains. I went to dinner around 9. Always feel a little uneasy dining alone, but I was made to feel perfectly at east by the staff. I had a wonderful server, Nora (ask for her!)...she actually was my server for the 4 meals I at MBH. While the weather was not 'beachy', it was moderately sunny, if cool on Sat and I sat and read on my balcony, listening to the waves lapping on shore! I took advantage of the Spa with a hotstone massage...while not the best I've ever had, it was still wonderful! I felt TOTALLY relaxed. I had a couple of glasses of wine, and went to dinner. There were other groups of women there celebrating events...a great place for that sort of thing! I definitely hope to be back...perhaps early Fall! There are only about 35 rooms at this hotel, so you definitely feel taken care of. I thought the food was wonderful. I wouldn't want to eat there more than 2 nights in a row, however. I had 2 observations/slightly negative comments: there is no full length mirror in the room I was in (strange...plenty of place to hang one!) and I was a little offput this AM that I had not been informed about brunch starting at 10:30 and breakfast ending before 10. I had assumed that I would be able to eat breakfast like yesterday AM, but for extended hours, because of the brunch! I did not want to pay the exorbitant price of $38.00 for brunch for myself. Other than those 2 things, I had a wonderful time, the staff is very friendly and eager to please, and I look forward to returning like I mentioned, hopefully in the Fall!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Korean first
Guilford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I recently re-visited this property and must say this is now being run like the first class operation I thought it would become. There must have been a chef change because EVERYTHING was so much better. I even noticed the chef visiting a table or two which I love to see!

My newest thing for restaurants has been meat and cheese plates. So when it comes to this, this restaurant hits on ALL marks. There was scattering of duck procuitto, speck, sweet coppa and some of the cheeses were vermont cave aged cheddar and a manchego-like spanish cheese rubbed with rosemary and something else that i cannot remember at the moment. The presentation was beautiful and I have to say this was one of the better/best meat cheese plates i've ever had (value&quality). I found it to be much more delicious and a better value than say, the barcelona chain who also do a darn good job for this type of fare.

Aside from that, the bartenders are more attentive, waitstaff knows what the heck they are doing and seem to have impeccable timing.

I was very pleased with my last visit and will be back more and more and more... and more meat & cheese plates!

Great job and a pat on the back for everyone at the property!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RussJ33798
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This relatively new hotel, built to look as though it has been here for decades, is charming, clean and spacious. The service is excellent--helpful and friendly employees were always there to answer questions or take care of requests. The room itself was large, bright, perfectly clean and exceptionally comfortable. It had a deck overlooking Long Island Sound (though it was a little chilly to stay out there too long).It was the perfect place for a romantic getaway in the middle of a frantic round of college visits. We left the high schooler for an overnight visit at a nearby college and wended our way to the coast. The hotel and its location are even nicer than the photos. We only ate breakfast at the hotel, but it was delicious.

1 Thank Olivey
Southington, Connecticut
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Beautiful hotel, very bright & clean rooms, staff very friendly & helpful. Shower was big & clean, tub was deep & clean, good for soaking. Though we didn't eat here food smelt wonderful. Next time we are going to eat here. Beautiful area to take long walks on the back roads. Sunset was gorgeous to watch from our deck. I liked pillows but husband did not. Bed was comfortable for both of us. I would highly recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gvd419
Woodmere, New York
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The views of LI sound are endless. The beds are THE most comfortable (silly faux fireplace) but outstanding service and wonderful restaurant make it Great. We are anxious to return. We'd eaten there and seen rooms yerars ago and were amazed at the new place.

Room Tip: South wing room was perfect for use. Orignally they gave us a gorgeous East wing room by accident bu...
Kinderhook, New York
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

What an awesome experience from the moment we pulled up to the car valet until the valet said goodbye at the end of our weekend stay! The service was off the charts incredible and the hotel design is amazing. Our king deluxe room overlooking the Long Island Sound was right out of a designer catalogue, complete with private balcony, fireplace, tub, 2 person shower, etc. our dinner at their Wharf Restaurant was fit for a foodie and was quite fairly priced for a resort. Morning room service was prompt & piping hot as well as delicious. We already made plans to return next month. April is a great rate time to go as well.

• Stayed April 2013
UK
Reviewed March 24, 2013

It really is a lovely location just by the beach. The room we had was great with a big balcony. The restaurant had limited vegetarian options, however the food we did have was good. Lovely walks along the beach and also within walking distance (about 15 mins) of the town centre.

1 Thank PringleUk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
#3 of 7 in Old Saybrook
Water's Edge Resort & Spa
Water's Edge Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Westbrook

Been to Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!