“Great Hotel On Ct Beach”

Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Great hotel just remodeled, Wonderfull beds,nice bathrooms,Great views.
Restaurant in Hotel has good Food & Drinks....Service a bit slow, But wait staff
very nice & try hard to take care of customers.
The room is 1st class.
A fun getaway, A bit pricey $350 To $ 525 a night ...But I had a great time.
I have added new room photos.
Give the hotel a try I think you'll like it.
P.S. The two things I found wrong ...Shower could use a hand held shower head if you don't want to wash your hair it's hard to do. They did not cut vent holes in the cabinet That the refers
in so it never gets very cold.... Hint leave wood door open it works better.
Good WiFi

Any ? I'll try to ans if I can.

Room Tip: All Rooms Have Great Views ....Top floors best
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stopped here for breakfast on the way from Philadelphia to Cape Cod. Great service, delicious food, wonderful view. a little pricey but worth it. not far off I 95. Great way to start a vacation trip. We were very fortunate to get such a beautiful morning.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I made reservations for a special birthday dinner for my sister weeks ahead of time. I spoke to staff 5 times to make sure we were all set. We arrived and they had NO CLUE who we were and no table ready. Took 35 minutes to get a drink and 55 minutes to get dinner. Waitress was rude and manager told us the "kitchen was just crazy" and that was why our dinners were so late. Dinners when served were ice cold and waitress had no clue about the cake---which had been ordered weeks ago and checked on the day of the dinner. When they finally found our cake--it was so stale it was unedible.

a beautiful place but a nightmare dinner--then they had the audacity to send me an email that said we had not shown for the dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How insulting!!!!

Do not try to have dinner there until they fix everything! I am appalled.

11  Thank Catherine D
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This hotel is beautiful - they did a beautiful job restoring it and it is stunning, well kept and maintained and without question deluxe. Arrival was an exceptional experience - arrived earlier than check in dictates and asked the doorman about a room - he called the front desk and confirmed I could check in - so I valeted the car and off I went to check in - where I was addressed by my name seemingly because the valet gave a heads up I was coming. Impressive. Room was meticulous with views to die for - bathroom was awesome - it should be noted, however, and the only negative I could find (very seasoned traveler) is that all the terraces are adjoining without privacy walls so literally if you are on your deck enjoying your view your neighbor can be five feet from you - surprised the hotel did not build a five or six foot wall between units - luckily we had a lovely trial lawyer and enjoyed our conversations with he and his wife - but could be ackward irregardless and something they may want to reconsider.
We used the restaurant for both lunch and dinner - think the ambiance for dinner could be stepped up (table cloths, candles) and my biggest complaint about the hotel - and probably only - is that all drinks in the restaurant are served in plastic glasses - not my favorite idea enjoying a glass of fine wine from plastic and hope they will take a serious look at this practice because it is ridiculous. Food is good - large portions - and throughout the hotel you see alot of summer help ie college students and while, expected, some could be better trained although they make up their inefficiencies with enthusiasm. Hotel had some delightful functions going on but unfortunately they were never communicated to the guests, or us, and we stumbled on them by chance and would have appreciated knowing about them in advance. Overall - RUN do not walk - to this hotel - has the potential to become a real 5 star contender -

Room Tip: Oceanfront not the side oceanfront
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2012

When my wife and I decided to take a mental health day and get away, we opted to head for lunch at the beach. We knew of the recently built Madison Beach Hotel and decided to give it a try. In a word - Fantastic! We were treated like Royalty, We've been to many hotels where the staff just did their jobs, but this place was different. Everyone, without exception, went out of their way to make our day enjoyable. Their professionalism, their smiles and engaging personalities really allowed us to relax and enjoy ourselves - the whole purpose we took the day off. We were at the beach, and where else to have an all-seafood lunch. The clam chowder was wonderful. My wife had the Tuna Tartar appitizer, while I had the Maine steamers. We both went with the special of the day, Lobster Salad on a Tomato Starburst. The presentation was spectacular, as was all the food. It was a pleasure to send compliments to the chef. Finishing with great dessert choices of Strawberry Shortcake Sliders and Chocolate Smores Cake, everything was just delicious. Thursday nights during the summer, there are free performances on the grass between the hotel and the beach. Again, all of the enthusiastic staff encouraged us to stay and take in the concert. They truly wanted us to enjoy ourselves. This evenings performance was John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band. Night was clear with a star filled sky, beautiful hotel and surroundings and a great performance by John and his band. What a Perfect Day!! I can't say enough about this place. Oh - and by the way, Mental Health Day - Mission Accomplished.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and sister met this week at 5pm for a standard happy hour get together. The overall service was great, the flatbread pizza ok however in need of more toppings (counted 7 sundried tomatoes) and the beverages (wine & martini) fine. However, upon arrival, my sister inquired w/ the outdoor bellmen as to parking. They said..."valet is the only option". Come to find out it is complimentary valet parking which would have been nice to state up front, or, even post a sign so all are aware driving up to the main entrance. Barely anyone outside during what should be a peak time for a happy hour crowd. It may have something to do with the fact there is no "formal" happy hour - with a discounted f&b menu. One would think if the hotel is looking for local support, this is something that would help. Also, although there were speakers outside on the porch, no music was playing. When I inquired, the explanation was: "unfortunately we cannot synch up our sound system and therefore because we have music playing in the dining room, we're unable to have music outside". If this is so, whoever designed the sound system should be accountable for correcting this. Light jazz background music would have been nice. And, because there was a small crowd at 5pm, upon arrival, dirty used glassware should have been picked up; instead, we saw a couple tables with leftover beverages on them. So, a few tweaks will make it a more memorable experience for all!

Room Tip: N/a; did not use sleeping rooms.
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This brand-new, very deluxe spa hotel looks and feels a bit like a luxury cruise ship. The very well-trained and enthusiastic staff made us feel welcome and anticipated every need and desire. The balconied room was spacious and well-fitted (nice BIG bathroom!) and the wall of French doors opened to the beach and ocean right in front of us. A few quirks need to be ironed out, including a balcony door that flings open with such force in the ocean breeze that it nearly shatters the glass on the fixed pane window, and odd furniture arrangement that made it tricky to open the closet door and the balcony door. But many niceties as well including bathrobes placed on the beds and chocolates on the nightstand, bathrooms straightened and towels replaced while we were at dinner, etc.

The restaurant is in search of an identity. On a Sunday night it was filled with families and noisy babies and toddlers and yet the menu includes $52 lobster, $44 beef or lamb dishes and $14 salad appetizers. I had the caprese salad starter (artistically presented and tasty) and the steamed mussels as my entree (overcooked, a bit tough), followed by a very creative and satisfying S'mores cake for dessert. My friend's salmon was better prepared than my disappointing mussels.

Breakfast (not included in the $375 room fee which rises to a breathtaking $525 on weekends) was a delicious $16 omelet and $5 cup of coffee. Service is very attentive but you pay for it.

The location is sort of nowhere -- nothing to walk to, not much of a town to visit, so the beach and hotel amenities are the focus. We didn't use the many spa services or exercise facilities but they are extensive. It was a great place for two friends who don't get to see each other often to meet up, relax on our balcony, dip into the ocean and lounge on the beach chairs under the umbrellas, and feel like we're getting away from it all.

Room Tip: We loved room 201, down at the end of the hall. The balcony is only connected to a neighboring room...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank ChamoisMountKisco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Pier Blue Guesthouse
#4 of 7 in Old Saybrook
Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale

Been to Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!