“always great!”

Village Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Litchfield
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The Village is a classic new England pub restaurant which offers local craft beers and locally grown farm to table produce when available seasonally. The dining room side is quieter with wooden booths whereas the pub side is bit more lively as casual. The fine dining menu and pub menu are offered on either side.
Torrington, Connecticut
“always great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

They're a little pricey, but well worth it. Every time we go, I order something different and I've never been disappointed! I prefer sitting in the bar, getting lunch on a Saturday afternoon. However, they have an intimate dining room for high-end dinners. Call for reservations on the weekends. Always have exceptional service and a great meal in a very nice atmosphere. Highly recommended!

Visited June 2014

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“A great find in Litchfield”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Always busy, especially at lunch time. My favorite is the French onion soup and sandwich. But the fish and chips are also terrific.
Just love sitting in the bar area.

Visited June 2014
Florida
“Nice casual dining experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Ate here twice in a week, while visiting family in the area.
Each of the six of us in our group ordered something different.....soups, salads, sandwiches, and for dessert, we all split a brownie, heaped with ice cream and chocolate sauce.......EVERYTHING was delicious and the serving size was more than adequate!
I would suggest making reservations during the lunch hour (the seating area is somewhat small.....the wooden booths make it more quaint).....We found the service friendly and fast. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone spending time in the Litchfield area.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank tse
Hartford, Connecticut
“Nice place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Right in the heart of historic Litchfield. Great place for a quick lunch. I had the soup & sandwich combo. Beef vegetable soup and turkey reuben. Delicious. My son had the open faced steak sandwich with fries. Best fries we have had in a long time, not at all greasy. My husband had the chicken and pasta with sun dried tomatoes. Delicious also. Good portions for a lunch. Reservations were seate dint he dining hall and non reservations went to the tap room on the other side. Place fits right into the heart of historic area. Would go there again.

• Visited May 2014
“Good pub food, cozy atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stopped at the Village Restaurant between prep schools on the west side of Connecticut, and was not disappointed. I had an open faced steak sandwich with sweet potato fries - both delicious. The service was friendly and fast, and the space was cozy and harkened back to an earlier era with dark wooden booths. If I ever find myself back that way, I will stop again.

• Visited April 2014