“Litchfield CT Staple” 5 of 5 bubbles

Village Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Litchfield
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The Village is a classic new England pub restaurant which offers local craft beers and locally grown farm to table produce when available seasonally. The dining room side is quieter with wooden booths whereas the pub side is bit more lively as casual. The fine dining menu and pub menu are offered on either side.
Northbridge, Massachusetts
“Litchfield CT Staple”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

If you are looking to dine where the locals do this is the place. Inviting,and delicious everytime and have been a patron for years. I wouldn't know what to recommend because everything is great. Best choice!

Visited October 2012

Hartford, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Something for the old souls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Being a Connecticut native and having just returned to the area I made a stop into the Village for some lunch. I was attending Nature Day at White Memorial to feed my soul. After taking in the sights and sounds we made our way to the Village. What can i say, the food was just what I needed. Good portions, great service and an amazing list of beers on tap. If you find yourself in the Litchfield Hills anytime soon. Don't bother with the other pretenders on the block, get the real deal and you will be satisfied.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank george m
Suffield, Connecticut
“Very Good place to stop for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We were out for the day driving around a looking at the fall colors. My wife a daughter were getting hungry so we decided to stop in Litchfield and find a place to eat. We walked around the small town center and stopped at The Village restaurant after checking out the menu. We walked in and it was right before the main lunch petiod so we were seared pretty quickly. Our waiter was extremely nice and pleasant. The place is split into two parts a bar/pub area and a dinning room area. You can enter either side from outside. The place is on the smaller side but very cozy. My wife ordered the chowder and Quiche, my daughter the chicken parm sandwich a me a burger. Overall the food was very good and prices were reasonable. I would recommend this place if you are in the area.

1 Thank Red-Barchetta2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Where Everybody Knows Your Name”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Lived in Litchfield for over 20 years and then moved, walk back in the Village after 20+ years and get greeted by name. The food is good, the prices reasonable and the company, priceless. Best neighborhood bar in the USA,

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank anonomuse
Naugatuck, Connecticut
“Go Here! Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

My boyfriend's buddy was playing in a band here. We needed a place to eat so we figured we would stop by and grab a bite and listen to the band. The food was fa-nominal!!! They have a bar side, and a dining side...the bar side is a little tight, and I have no idea how they fit a band in there, but we ended up staying all night long. Sooo fun, and the atmosphere was awesome!

• Visited June 2012