“Friendly Staff.”

BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Litchfield
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The new restaurant menu is greatly improved under new management. The grand opening showcased the new chefs culinary skills, along with the new decor this place is on its way up from what it used to be.Room was very nice ,good service

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jessie A, General Manager at BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

It was an honor to have you at the Inn and have a great experience. Thanks for sharing the same. Your words of appreciation motivate us to do better each day and I am sure your next visit will also be full of pleasant surprises.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We were driving through the area visiting friends and decided to give the Inn a try. Upon entering the place looked great. We were told there were two kinds of rooms, a bed and breakfast feel theme room and a more modern room. We checked out both and decided to go with the Western room, it was unique. The girls at the front desk were informative, letting us know of all the fun things to do around town and what to visit while we were in the area. We decided to take a walk at White Memorial conservation. We had a great couple of days in the area and will be back around soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

It was an honor to be able to contribute towards your short & sweet getaway and I am sure the charm of Litchfield & the Litchfield Inn will definitely bring you back for another one. We are glad to have come up to your expectations and will keep up the same always.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Much attention to cookies, bottles of water, bathrobes. But where it counts, they failed. The room was dirty (rotten almond on the floor); the sheets were skimpy; the bed was old and broken down; 5 degree turn on the knob took the temperature from freezing to stifling; bath towels but no wash cloth or face towel. If I stretch a star for the room, the manager gets no stars. She took our complaints about the room as a personal affront and told us if we had complained during the night we would have been moved (this despite our having been told we got the last room, and the horrors of the room unfolded gradually during the night). Unsatisfactory room; unacceptable treatment.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank William B
Jessie A, General Manager at BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you had when you were at the Litchfield Inn but it is quite surprising to note that there were so many issues pertaining to your room and while I am on the property most of the time, it was not put to my notice by my staff. I am till date unable to retrieve your reservation. Please give me your reservation details to look into the matter. I will like to address this issue and in no way such hospitality is acceptable.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Had stayed there recently for my skiing trip and I must say the management and staff was very helpful. The girl at the desk gave all the details about local area and skiing destination.Rooms are very beautiful and well designed, greeted by a welcome letter by the manager with delicious cookies. We enjoyed on site restaurant bistro which was another pleasant surprise in this small New England town. Will surely plan another trip here! Excellent services!

Room Tip: Stayed in 207..
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gruska30

Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your experience and I am sure your feedback will encourage us to offer the same kind of comfort & hospitality to other guests. Each person at the Inn is in the continuous process of offering the best of our services. We look forward to offer the same elegance to you on your next trip.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I'm sure as soon as this review is posted, the manager of the Litchfield Inn will respond with excuses. Still, I feel it's necessary to say...
DON'T stay here. It's very expensive, the rooms are nice but things don't work (our shower didn't work and we were only staying for one night. The next day we had to leave and were told a repair man would be there in the afternoon...not helpful). The service is lousy; the front desk girls weren't welcoming or friendly, something that seems like an obvious requirement of any business. The manager was so nasty to the couple complaining before us that we left before we could talk to her and called at a later time. With all of our problems, not ONCE did I hear "I'm sorry." Having worked in customer service for years, I know the first thing you say to an unhappy customer is "I'm sorry." Makes them feel valued and heard. The managers at this location don't understand and respond with excuses.
So disappointing.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Laurel C

Dear Guest,

Sorry to hear about your not so good experience at the Inn and by writing anything further I just want to clarify that it is definitely not excuses but I feel obligated to write my views as always. With many years of association with the service industry, I completely agree to what you have mentioned but I can assure you that all our staff at the Inn and Bistro are in a continuous process of making themselves better and I have seen them taking extra care when required. I also acknowledge the fact that not every person can be the same as expected and the staff about whom you have written for not being friendly is not working with the Inn anymore for being careless about the approach with other guest also. On Managerial level the Manager at the front desk may be in an argument with a guest but her professionalism has been always appreciated. We once again apologize for all the inconvenience you have experience and assure you of best of our services next time.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We arrived several days ago to enjoy our anniversary. Upon arriving in a downpour, we entered the main building which was certainly on the very cool side. As we approached the counter, I mentioned to the lady that it seemed to be quite cool in here even for a lobby. She commented that there was a problem with the system which heats the water and that there was no hot water available til the following day after a special part could be installed. I couldn't help but mentioned that they had our phone numbers and could have called us the day of the failure or first thing in the morning of our arrival to telll us that there was no hot water , .....yes, no hot water. This irritated me. We all know that things do break. But when it does, take care of the customers quickly.

Well , our dissatisfaction was quite obvious. However, the manager/owner happened to come by and say that the water was "tepid". Tepid? What does that mean.? Well, to a woman , that mean't cold. To a guy, that mean't not much better than camping out. We did test the water in the room and it was "cold".

The manager offered us a 30% discount off of the $250 per night for a deluxe king suite. What an insult. We said no thank you. So, we sat in the lobby on our ipad trying to figure out where to go where the only suggetion that this inexperienced manager had was to recommend a 1 star flea bitten motel about 5 minutes away. However, the lady behind the desk began to provide some help and that in the end. we found a nice place that had hot water and a restaurant that was not closed due to a lack of hot water.

In short, we would never go there nor recommend this bottom of the line motel. Apparently from one of the local businesses which we conducted business with, there are some serious infrastructure issues with the motel. Pictures are nice. BUT............you can fill in the rest.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank 35,432
Jessie A, General Manager at BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Guest,
It is indeed sad to read about your experience at the Inn which was not at all pleasant. On a weekend since one of our important part in the heating system failed due to extreme weather, we made all possible efforts to repair it and after showing some positive signals we assumed that the heating unit will work but finally when it did not we thought it appropriate to inform the guest and also we made instant arrangements for Hot Towels if needed by some guest. It was indeed appreciated by some other guest who understood & acknowledged that a sudden failure in a machine cannot be anticipated. Myself & my front desk staff gave all possible options to you just because one of the properties around was too expensive and the other was mediocre. We felt we tried to be honest with you by letting you know the fact of the malfunctioning on that particular day. I again apologize for the inconvenience caused but our gestures to try to resolve the issue were absolutely as required. We assure you best of our services in future.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I am an extended stay traveler first arriving in the Inn in August, and expected to spend no less than 3 weeks of every month and usually no less than 4 nights of every week through June or July of 2014. First about the Management and Customer Relations (CR)team: Relationships of value usually start out somewhat rocky before leveling off and becoming something extremely meaningful. It's somewhat like the "storming/norming" of teams in building productive relationships--and my relationship as a whole (Management and team) has evolved into what I deem a family type relationship. The CR team has always gone out of their way to attend to the needs of their guests. I didn't always understand why someone wasn't at the front desk, until I needed them. They didn't short change me when they dealt with reported issues. Extended travelers need a feeling of home and familiarity and that's just what I get at the Inn no less than 80% of the time. Upon arrival, and because I need space to work in the evening, I was placed in one of the renovated Suites (the Jr or Sr), but then I had an opportunity to speak to the Manager about job here, my needs, Just from speaking to me, and somewhat gauging my personality directed me to one of the rooms in the "Themed" section of the hotel--a room with an easy chair with a light, phone at arms length and electric fireplace--just like home--but with, old world charm furnishings and fixtures, and a canopy bed fit for the Queen that I am! The bigger closets really work well, and the separate vanity area off from the bathroom affords just the right lighting to apply facial creams, make-up, etc. Although there is a Keurig downstairs, the individual coffee pot in the room lets me have coffee in the privacy of the room. Each week, at check-in, the staff makes every effort to assure I am returned to the same room which really makes it a home away from home. The staff has resolved every issue I've reported and I'm not shy about reporting things and giving them an opportunity to resolve. I learned long ago that people can't read my mind, and its unfair of me to think different. My husband has traveled with me and is in awe of how I'm treated by the staff--just like I'm family returning from a weekend trip. I leave items, that are for the most part returned to my room and waiting for me on the day of my return. Roccio always assures my room is cleaned and in-room amenities are replenished. Judy (before leaving), Amanda and Nicole.are priceless and the new team members are following in their footsteps to make every stay memorable. Nothing is perfect, but from the appearance of the grounds, public areas, restaurant, and both the renovated and Theme rooms, this staff certainly is poised to remain on the excellence and perfection journey and wont rest on their laurels. A big ole Texas sized THANK YOU for your hospitality and for making me feel right at home and part of a family even when my family is 23 hours away!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ladyessents
Jessie A, General Manager at BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking out the time to share your experience. You are and will be one of our family members at the Inn. I am happy my team at each level is able to make you feel at home. I always hear your arrival and your needs been discussed before your check in and it feels great to see the staff being personally responsible. I am sure your kindness and sense of understanding towards the daily practical issues which may sometime hinder our services are truly acknowledged. My team will always be at your service and would make you feel great at all times.

Thanks

Also consider these accommodations in or near Litchfield
Homestead Inn
#2 of 3 in Torrington
Interlaken Inn
Interlaken Inn
#1 of 1 in Lakeville

Been to BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn? Share your experiences!