“Wedding Reception at Litchfield Inn”

BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Litchfield
Bethlehem, Connecticut
“Wedding Reception at Litchfield Inn”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Bethlehem, Connecticut 06751
November 10, 2011

On October 8, 2011, my son Thomas and his bride, Rose, celebrated their wedding reception at The Litchfield Inn. It was a perfect event! I do not say this lightly, and I had much anxiety and difficulty while a management company was running the Inn until Paul Williamson and his team was in place. I am sorry I did not communicate my satisfaction to you sooner; we took a much needed two week vacation on Nantucket after the wedding. Getting back to real life is hard after being on-island.
First, during the final planning stage, the month before the wedding, when there was a stack of 30 mattresses in the ballroom and the front lobby was being renovated, Paul and his staff (Lauren and Barbara) were so calm and confident, I was reassured. The location of the cocktail hour needed to be changed, but the adjustment worked out great. The creative used of the lobby, with the new marble floor was nice. Cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres were delicious, creative, and plentiful. Secondly, the DJ was late (had an accident earlier in the day), so dinner was pushed back some. I do not know how the chef, John, was able to prepare every piece of Black Angus and salmon perfectly. Trust me, I checked (even with the guests at Table 10). Lastly, the Ballroom looked wonderful. The wedding had an Irish and Scottish theme--kilts and all. The staff was helpful and gracious with my requests when I added my tartan touches--the staff was helpful and gracious throughout the whole reception! Many guest commented on the courteous and helpful behavior of the all the staff. Paul and Barbara were present that evening, and I felt re-assured by their presence, but I did not need to ask them for anything, they just took care of everything. I did not hear one grumble or complaint that night or following weeks while re-living the wonderful night with family and friends.
In conclusion, I would like to thank Litchfield Inn's owners, managers, and staff, but especially, Paul, Barbara, Lauren and John, for an outstanding and memorable wedding reception! Many of our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever attended. I am, and will continue to sing Litchfield Inn's praises. Moran taing! Many thanks!
Sincerely, Janet

P.S. The Bride and Groom spent the night in one of the suites and several out-of-town guests also stayed at the Inn. Everyone enjoyed their stay!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Janet S
HamptonInnWorcester, Manager at BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Greetings:

On behalf of the management and staff and at the Litchfield Inn, I would like to thank you for your fabulous review of our property. Positive reviews are a great testament of our hotel's staff hard work and dedication to customer service. We appreciate the feedback.

Stop by our new Sunday brunch at our Bantam Bistro next time you are in the area.

Richard Walker
Corporate Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I attended the opening Party for the Bantam Bistro while I was staying at the Litchfield Inn. The hotel is going through renovations but the staff was very accommodating to our needs. They were so kind to extend us an invitation to the party. Delicious food! The chef did a wonderful job with all the food stations but my favorite was the dessert table. Can't wait to come back and check out the finish product!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Mark B
rwalker_detroit, Manager at BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Greetings

Thank you for your great feedback regarding our opening party. Our team put a lot of work in to ensure that we had a successful event and its great to see that it was appreciated. We just started our Sunday Brunch a few weeks back. Stop by sometime!

Richard Walker
Corporate Sales
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed November 9, 2011

The new restaurant menu is greatly improved under new management. The grand opening showcased the new chefs culinary skills, along with the new decor this place is on its way up from what it used to be.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
rwalker_detroit, Manager at BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Greetings from the Litchfield Inn:

Thank you for your great review of our property and our restaurant, The Bantam Bistro. We will go ahead and share this great review with our staff.
Stop by and enjoy our new Sunday brunch the next time you are in the area.
Fairfield, CT
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have visited this Inn several times as a getaway from Lower Fairfield County with my husband. We love to take a drive and incorporate an overnight stay to explore the more rustic side of CT. Litchfield, Kent, etc have some wonderful restaurants, quaint shops and just an overall feeling of peace and calm. This Inn is not your typical hotel. If your looking for the usual chain then you will be disappointed, yet if you can appreciate a unique country charm this is the place for you. Yes, it is in need of a rennovation. There was some minor construction going on while we were there and we were told they should be completing this project over the next several months. The work was not disruptive to our stay, and we look forward to returning to see all improvements. The staff is friendly and helped us with directions to a local restaurant. (Their restaurant is also closed for rennovation) If you can appreciate a bed & breakfast/country inn go with an open mind and enjoy.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Twistedteaforme
LitchfieldGM, General Manager at BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
The highest compliment our guests can give us is returning to the Inn to stay with us again, so thank you. This is an exciting time at the Inn, as we are undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation. Many exciting projects are already completed, while others are still underway. Most noteably, our restaurant The Bantam Bistro is opening in October. Headed up by Executive Chef John Gyles, the Bistro will offer a casual, yet upscale dining environment with a creative menu featuring local ingredients. Guests of the Inn and locals alike will appreciate this new venue in Litchfield offering Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner as well as an elegant Sunday Brunch. I look forward to greeting all our guests, so when you visit the Inn or The Bistro ask to see the General Manager, it would be my pleasure to say hello.
roma
Reviewed August 30, 2011

It happened to find this hotel when visiting the lovely town of Litchfield. In appearance from the outside a nice hotel. Inside is abandoned: glasses left in the hallways all day long, shabby towels, the desk staff rude, dirty room (there was even a diaper left there for who knows how long), breakfast shameful (a pot of coffee shared with workers roaming in the structure). We complained to the manager on duty who made us a discount and justified by saying that the hotel is undergoing restructuring. In any case, we observe that if they are not able to ensure a minimum service, it is unacceptable that a hotel should be kept open for guests in the conditions in which we found ourselves (………but the local Chamber of Commerce knows it? )

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank marcello41
LitchfieldGM, General Manager at BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
As General Manager of the Litchfield Inn, I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. The Inn is undergoing a multi-millon dollar renovation and we look forward to providing an outstanding product upon its completion. Operating under an ongoing renovation can indeed be challanging. We constantly strive to provide the best possible service and accommodations under these circumstances. The Inn is under new ownership and management and we are making the necessary operational changes to exceed our guests expectations. Along with retraining and upgrading of staff, we are enhancing our amenities as well. With this being said several of the issues that occured during your stay are frankly inexcusable are are being aggreesively addressed with our team. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you in more detail. Please feel free to contact me directly at the Inn at your convenience.

Best Regards,
Paul Williamson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Litchfield
Grace Mayflower Inn and Spa
#1 of 8 in Waterbury
Wyndham Southbury
Wyndham Southbury
#2 of 2 in Southbury

Been to BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn? Share your experiences!