“Unique”

Mockingbird Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Mockingbird Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 29 Restaurants in Litchfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Relaxing, a great place that does not rush one course upon another. We have been many times and appreciate the very distinctive individuality of the chef's background, totally unique! Anyone that is a fish lover has to have the miso salmon! The kale salad and dumplings are like we've never had before, a great starter to the entrée. The staff only compliments the chef! No more expensive than any other good restaurant in the area.

There are newer reviews for Mockingbird Kitchen & Bar

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Nice little place in the Northwest corner of Ct. Great cozy little bar with just 6 stools. The bar is a great place to have dinner. Great drink specials .Owner-chef happened to be our bartender that evening. There was a small issue that night with service as I don't think they had enough staff .

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We live nearby and I so want this to be a great destination for us ... not yet but hopeful. This is a charming old, very old, inn. The atmosphere is very nice and to be honest - at the end of the evening if my bill was $80 and not the $128 it turned out to be, I would be writing a much more positive review.
To put the price tag in perspective, my wife and I each had a salad (excellent), each had 1 drink (ok, mine was a Glenfiddich which they charged me $16 for, hers a glass of wine for $12) and we each had coffee (served in French Press - very nice) and shared 1 desert (carrot cake with ginger ice cream - very good). For an entree, she had stuffed chicken, I had fettuccini with mussels and shrimp. Now if I am going to pay absolute top dollar for this meal, then I would expect close to perfection - it wasn't. The chicken was ordinary at best; the fettuccini was actually clumped in balls and stuck together (but very tasty I will admit).
How does this leave the kitchen?
To summarize, I think what is lacking here is attention to detail; from the dead flowers in the vase on the windowsill by the table (which I asked them to remove) to the entrees which were both less than they could have been bar far. Again, at $80 I would be delighted with our experience but at $128 you are inviting a much more critical examination of the food, service and all attending details and this evening did not stand up to the scrutiny.
We will try again though - it has promise.

2  Thank MusicTrail
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have been to this restaurant four times in the last month. It has quickly become a favorite place for my husband and me to bring friends. The menu has a nice variety of appetizers,, salads and entrees. The Asian dumplings are to die for!! I also recommend the arugula and endive salad with pomegranate. Yum! You can bring your own wine and so far we have never been charged a corking fee and that is a lovely surprise. Chef Sam Tilley is creative and offers nice touches such as honey wheat bread baked at the restaurant and handmade pasta. Do not miss this great gem in Litchfield County.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The food is superb, the staff could not be nicer, and the fireplaces make for a beautiful ambiance during these cold winter times. Sometimes we eat at the bar and never fail to meet interesting folks. It's a repeat dining place; once you have been here a few times the owner and the wait staff will remember you well.

Best dish? There are many, but the salmon in miso sauce is a killer.