“Did the bartender hate us?”
Review of @ The Corner

@ The Corner
Ranked #5 of 28 Restaurants in Litchfield
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Did the bartender hate us?”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Was so happy that they were serving food after 9 pm which now I realize is hard to find in litchfield. But the bartender really couldn't give a rats -ss that we were there so we left without ordering.

1 Thank Jill R

New Haven, Connecticut
“great lunch place in litchfield”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Great place to grab a bite for lunch. My boyfriend and I went during my lunch break. We decided to sit on the bar side. The acoustics in the place is a little on the louder side, but very conversational. The menu looks like it has great sandwiches and salads. There were a few things I wanted to try but ultimately ordered the buffalo chilli. It was a good size bowl and would have been enough for me to eat for lunch. It was a little on the salty side, but otherwise good chilli. I also ordered a half salad (Primadona), which by no means was half in size. It looked like a normal size salad to me and was perfect amount of dressing. My boyfriend ordered a half order of chicken quesadillas, which he said were very good. We certainly will try this place again especially since we didn't rush and were served in a timely fashion.

• Visited August 2012
Kent
“Avoid unless you love noise”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Noise level in this restaurant is awful, as in super-loud. Acoustics don't help, especially when everyone starts shouting to be heard by the person 2 feet away.

Pork chops over-cooked and tough.

Service, however, was very good (contrary to some reviews I've seen on this site).

• Visited July 2012
New York City, New York
“Hot spot at night - the only place open late!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Went here on a Friday night at around 10:30pm looking for something to eat. To our surprise, @ the Corner recently started serving dinner until 11pm! Big news for the Litchfield area. The food was very tasty and we thoroughly enjoyed the burger and chicken sandwich that we ordered off their pub menu. The beer selection could be improved a little bit but we were very happy with the live music and the food. Will definitely be returning here again, great move on staying open late!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank beachtravelerrrr
Torrington, Connecticut
“Good sandwiches and salads”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Homey but not kitschy cafe on the Litchfield green. Good place to catch a bite when shopping West Street. Nice wine list. Great for a ladies lunch but good for guys, too.

Visited April 2012