“Great Family Restaurant”

Da Capo Brick Oven Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Da Capo Brick Oven Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Litchfield
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Da Capo contemporary interpretations of Italian classics are always made to order from scratch. Our seasonal menu highlights the quality of the freshest ingredients from local farms and our New York Style thin crust pizza is already a favorite all over Litchfield County. The casual setting and inviting atmosphere created by the real tin ceilings, exposed brick, soft lighting and a taste from the past brought to you by the local historical photos makes da Capo a favorite destination for a delicious dining experience. In the summer months, relax in our outdoor patio and experience a little bit of the Mediterranean lifestyle. Da Capo brings to Connecticut a recipe found in Little Italy in the early 1900's: "Authentic New York Style Thin Crust Pizza". Almost a century later da Capo proudly presents our famous " Old World" family recipe, along with classic family style dining. Da Capo is a musical term in Italian meaning: from the beginning. From the beginning da Capo serves true and time-honored Italian recipes we are sure will please you again and again. Our friendly staff welcomes parties of all sizes, from a dinner for two to a casual family meal to a festive large gathering.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have been to Da Capo Litchfield many times and I would highly recommend them. I love their pizzas, and I am very, very picky. They are thin crust and have a zesty sauce. If you eat there be prepared as the family style portions are huge. We had a party of 16 and ordered 4 salads and took home 1 1/2 of them, with vegetarians in the group! I am consistently impressed with the staff and the kitchen. I have been there when the place is just packed, which is a lot, and they get our meals out quickly, as if they hardly had anyone there at all! There have also been a few times we have been there and finished our meal and they have come over with a "house dessert" for us just because (and it has been fantastic).

If you eat here you will get good food, large portions, friendly service, and decent prices. Don't be surprised if the manager stops by to ask you how the meal and service was. Thank you to Byrum, Mona, and Doreen (to name a few of the staff) who will greet you with a smile whenever you arrive!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Consistently very good food and large portions. We've been here several times for lunch and have never been dissapointed. Be aware that if you order a bowl of their great soup to start, it's really a large bowl and just about a meal in itself.

I must admit that I agree with the review about being somewhat understaffed. Yet, the quality and amount of food makes up for it. A great place to stop while travelling in this part of the state.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

always good food, reasonable prices, friendly family atmosphere. Pizza is among the best in the area.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

After having a good pizza lunch, we brought friends for dinner one night. It was a disaster!
The noise level was over the top, people visiting the next table had their butt in my space for about 20 minutes--had to ask them to move. Food was inedible, I sent it back and refused a repeat as the first course had taken 45 minutes to arrive. They sent a comp dessert which was some obscene looking whipped creme (sic) cake which I also did not eat.

I suppose if your criteria are large portions of pedestrian food, this is probably The Place For You!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Big portions, reasonable prices and just good Italian food. Plain dining room, nice deck in Summer.
Friendly but understaffed service. Great pizzas, well worth the stop on the way to Torrington and the Theatre.