“Our "Go-To" Restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Valentino's has never let us down. Welcoming atmosphere and great food combine to make Valentino's our "place" for dining out. I especially love the dinner salads as long as I get a slice of pizza to satisfy my carb craving. There is something for everyone. Never had a bad meal.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have been loyal custamers of Valentino's since it opened. Recently, the food has not been as consistently good (and plentiful) as in the past. We went for dinner last evening with a '2 for 1' pasta dinner coupon. We have gotten these coupons monthly and have used them as they are a great bargin. We order the same dinners we have previously and when our server returened he said he could not honor the coupon. I questioned this as we had used the same coupon for similar meals the past several months. He indicated that the servers who honored them should not have. The manager came over and explained that we had ordered from the 'specialty' list as opposed to the 'classic' list, hence the coupon could not be honored. I explained they had honored the same coupon in the past and no one have ever indicated the difference to us. My pasta was $1.00 more than anything on the 'classic,' and my wife's was $2.00 more. There was no attempt to work this out; I would have gladly paid the difference and better understood the policy but was told there was nothing they could do. That's fine; we have many choices and in today's economy we will be 'spreading the wealth.' Valentino's is off the list; either be consistent or better state the policy and respect your customers (especialy those who have been there since the beginning). To be so black and white when local businesses are suffering is incomprehensible to me. The pasta was very good by the way. Other than the coupon our only compalint was the salad. We were served a very small salad in a very large bowl which was curious. Valentono's need to return to their former business model and support the community that supports them.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

It was my Mother-in-Law's 70th birthday. We decided to try something new in the area and chose Valentino's. Big mistake. She specifically asked if the eggplant in her choice of meal would be fried then baked , as she likes it crispy, the waitress told her yes to both. It came out like a rubber piece of shoe leather. It was awful and she stopped eating it. As for my fish and chips meal....the fish came out so over cooked it looked charred and was DRY. I asked for a replacement piece. That one was no better though less cooked. I did not finish mine either. My wife's chicken was mediocre and over cooked. My sons ravioli was edible, but he only got 5 on the plate for $15.00!!! We enjoyed our drinks of water, iced tea and wine, but that was about it. SO, after spending $80.00 for a basic dinner that was un-edible ,I felt it was necessary to write this review. They may do pizza well, I don't know, but should stay away from dinners. Also if you go into the only place in town and it's empty on a Saturday night, as this place was...beware. I am also going to write to the restaurant directly.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Always a great place to eat in Ledyard. Try the Buffalo Chicken pizza, it's a local favorite. Friendly staff and a nice casual atmosphere. Pizza by the slice and now features delivery.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Good food, good people and engaged in the community. Dinners are very good and reasonable. Casual atmosphere and usually a place to se your neighbors. Please visit them and support them...they are good people. Make msure you say hi to Santos...he just recently had a Birthday.

1  Thank Jackstraw1_12