All reviews southwest room bed and breakfast get away fire pit every morning private deck home cooked breakfast pequot museum jetted tub mystic seaport new england hiking trails local activities short drive plenty of hot water romantic getaway foxwoods casino
Selected filters
Reviewed July 22, 2019

We stayed in the cottage for two nights with our dog and we can't say enough good things about Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn. It is hard to find nice places to stay with your pet, so this was a huge selling point. The inn is a mile drive from Foxwoods, but it might as well be 50 miles away because of how serene and beautiful it is there. From the moment we entered the cottage and could hear the relaxation music playing on the TV to the moment we sadly left, it was one of the most enjoyable experiences we have had staying somewhere outside our home in a very long time! The cottage was more than spacious for our needs (it is a lot bigger than the picture shows), the bed was very comfortable, it was very clean, but the most amazing part of this cottage is the outdoor area. It is a completely closed in patio/deck- very private with the trees all around you so you feel like you're in a treehouse. The breakfasts Erika made for us each morning were all amazing- absolutely delicious, made with wholesome, fresh ingredients- truly a treat.
The grounds around the cottage/inn were stunning- gorgeous flowers, fountains, koi pond, walking trails- so much nature therapy:) Great thing too is that you can easily get to things- Foxwoods, Westerly RI is like a 15 drive- lots of fun there- beaches, etc.
Bottom line- this is a true gem of a place, very unique and special- we cannot wait to go back!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, Erika, for such a restorative, comfortable stay.

Date of stay: July 2019
ErikaH2138, Owner at Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2019

Dear GreenAcres64: Your review is one of the most lovely write-ups about the inn I have ever read. It really makes me feel good to know Peter and I are providing a holistically wonderful experience to our guests that brings real feelings of peace, wellness, and connection to nature. Thank you for so beautifully describing it. I'm genuinely touched and thankful to read your words. I hope you'll return again soon. Guests like you make all the hard work 110% worthwhile. Thank you.

Reviewed July 20, 2019

Amazing. The location was perfect. Having the serenity of the country while being a very short drive to the bustling casino.
Often times, as a minority, going to a Bed and Breakfast can feel awkward. Thank you Erica for creating such an amazing retreat. Ziggy would be proud.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words Calittia. We strive to create a space that is welcoming and where everyone can feel relaxed. We're so happy to hear you felt that way. Maybe someday Ziggy Marley will stay and let me know what he thinks of my version of his sensational oatmeal recipe. Wouldn't that be amazing!

Reviewed July 11, 2019

My boyfriend and I booked the mystic room for a 2 night stay during my birthday weekend and it was amazing. It truly was a romantic experience for us. We arrived and were greeted by Erika. Once I saw the room I was in love. The selling point of the room for me was the jetted 2 person tub and it was divine. It was everything we could have wanted plus some. We mentioned to Erika that we thinking of going to going to the aquarium in mystic. They sell discount ticket at the inn and if you want to see the aquarium you should take advantage of this discount. It save us money plus time. The line at the aquarium was over an hour long. What really was my favorite part of our stay was eating breakfast on the patio. Both days the weather was beautiful, we could hear the birds chirping, and our room was by the goldfish pond and it was relaxing to hear the foundation. Peter was lovely to come to the room to take our order and bring us breakfast both days. Feeling the breeze while drinking my cup of coffee just set me up for a good start to our day. My boyfriend and I went to the casino both night And Uber to and from was a breeze. Foxwoods is under a 5 minute Uber from the inn. The second night we went to Moghen and it was about a 20 minute uber. Each way we were able to secure an in Uber with no issues. I would recommend this inn to my family and friends. It was truly a romantic getaway for us and worth it. Thank You, Erika and Peter.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ErikaH2138, Owner at Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2019

Samantha: Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into your thoughtful review of your experience here. I'm so happy that buying the discounted Mystic Aquarium tickets from us was a big help. You got to skip the line and enjoy a discount! Peter and I are also really happy that you guys loved the breakfast al fresco experience that we offer. We really love making breakfast a special experience for our guests and are so happy to hear that it truly was one of the highlights of your stay here. We'd love to have you return sometime Samantha and hopefully soon! Best wishes, E&P

Reviewed July 8, 2019

this is a great place for a peaceful, serene, relaxing getaway. Erika and peter are really nice people and great hosts. the inn is roomy, comfortable and well equipped. the grounds and area are pretty and natural. This may be the most unpretentious place I have ever been to. if you are looking for a place to unwind in a slow paced, friendly and natural environment, I highly recommend this. you will leave relaxed and refreshed. this was my second visit and I am sure I will be back again.

Date of stay: July 2019

Mike: We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your 2nd stay as much as the 1st one. It is always a pleasure to have you and your wife be our guests. We do hope you'll return and would look forward to having you back. Many thanks for your loyal patronage. E&P

Reviewed July 5, 2019

We were very pleased with our stay. The Inn Keeper was lovely and dedicated to detail. The room spotless. Fenced patio area for our Dog. Beautiful room with zen garden and humming bird. Breakfast prepared to perfection. Should we go to the Casino in the area we definately would stay again. Truly a good place for a large family or group with outdoor firepits and beautiful landscapes. Thank you for the dog supplies including water dishes, towels and other needs stored in our room when we arrived.

Date of stay: June 2019
ErikaH2138, Owner at Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2019

We so very happy that you had a terrific experience staying here in our pet-friendly Cottage and hope you'll be able to return again for another stay soon! The hummingbird was amazing, wasn't it! Thank you for mentioning our attention to detail. We try very hard to get it all right and are so happy when it makes a difference for our guests' experience.