“An unexpected vacation!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Concord, New Hampshire
“An unexpected vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I had a four day conference in Norwich, Ct in February and decided not to go with the recommended box hotels.

The price is competitive at Abbey's and at the end of the day I had a warm nice smelling room, a tub that was a pleasure to soak in and crisp sheets to jump into at night. The real fireplace was the envy of my fellow conference goers, I couldn't help mentioning it when sharing accommodation stories during the breaks. Healthy breakfast choices and tasty coffee that were easy to grab and go in the morning were provided and much appreciated!

Erika, pointed me out to the best restaurants in the area. I tried, Milagro Cafe, Asian Bistro and Pizzeta, Yummm!!! All of them had a warm friendly atmosphere, great customer service and did I mention, Yum! I really appreciated these great recommendations they enhanced the vacation feel of my trip, and left me feeling nourished and happy after a long day.

I highly recommend Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn. Not only for it's convenience and cleanliness but for the personable warm atmosphere as well! Thank You!

Lindsay

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Lindsay J
abbeysinn, Owner at Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Lindsay,

I'm so glad that your trip to this area for a conference turned into an all-around great experience and felt like a "vacation". You made the leap of faith and chose a B&B over a generic box hotel that couldn't provide you with a sense of the local culture and provide the extra luxuries that we do: a large variety of organic, tasty treats, freshly-ground coffee, and an in-room wood-burning fireplace stacked with seasoned cherry wood each night and jetted soaking tub.

We loved having you here. You were an absolutely delightful guest! I'm glad you had great experiences dining at Milagro, The Pita Spot, Pizzetta, and 5 Roosevelt Thai Bistro. Josh, the owner of the Thai restaurant said to say hello. He really enjoyed talking to you.

Enjoy the upcoming Spring weather! Hope to see you back again someday! ~Erika

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I sent my parents on a vacation for their anniversary. My dad says, "The rooms are nice. The beds are nice, and the bathroom was nice." My mom loved the gardens and the deck. They both enjoyed breakfast. "The food was great and we enjoyed meeting the other couples staying there."

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
abbeysinn, Owner at Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you Terry! I'm glad your parents had a wonderful stay for their anniversary. They're a very sweet couple and made lots of friends with other guests during their stay. ~Erika
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

This has been out second time here, This is my Fiancée and mine's little getaway. The first stay was at in the Down East Room. I cannot say enough fantastic things about that visit. This visit was no exception. For this stay, we chose the South West Room. Awesome Soaking Tub, Fireplace, Private Patio. The bed was great as well. Erika is a AMAZING hostess. She greeted us when we arrived, and escorted us to our room. Rose pedals on the bed, champagne and a tasty cake awaiting us. I am sure that I mentioned the breakfast before, but let me bring it up again. It is the best French Toast that I have had, The Eggs are just as good. Can't wait for the next stay.
If you are in Mystic, don't even think , just book you reservations at Abbeys.

Room Tip: Fireplaces in Down East and South West Rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marios847
abbeysinn, Owner at Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you Mario & Maggie! Your review made my morning wonderful! It's always a tall order to try to impress guests who had an amazing first stay on the second time around. I'm so pleased to hear that your second stay was even better than the first. I have my work cut out for me when you return for a third stay, but rest assured, I'll do my best to make it the best yet. See you soon I hope! ~Erika
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Just stayed our first time based on the recommendation of some friends. Stayed here as we went to the wine festival at Mohegan. Erica is wonderful! Her home is relaxing and peaceful and the breakfast and conversations were great! We loved the fireplace in our room! We got to see a few rooms and we felt they were all appointed well and very clean. Erica's pride in her business shines through!! We will absolutely come back again and again!!

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for your review Nancy! Great photo of you and John. I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mohegan Sun Wine Festival weekend and that your friends brought you to the inn on their return stay. I hope your next stay will be even better than the first. If you come back in the Spring, Summer, or Fall, you'll be able to even the patios, grounds, and firepits! Until we meet again, take care! ~Erika
Bissamcuttack, Orissa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

We are actually locals to the area but needed a quick getaway for our first wedding anniversary. I had given up on doing anything because of our schedules. My husband decided the day before our anniversary to book a stay in a B&B locally. Our hosts were amazing. Inspite of the short notice, they were extremely accomodating and did a wonderful job having a boquet of roses and chilled champagne ready for us when we checked in. Out room was gorgeous with a nice jaccuzi and our hosts very respectful of our privacy.
I only wish we had more time to spend here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amrita2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Every few months, my Wife & I head out to Foxwoods but not before I book one of the comfort rooms with Ms. Hall at the Inn.

After a day at the casino, it feels good to head over to ANY of the various rooms that simply make you feel at home!

Upon checking in, you are greeted with a warm smile, shown your accommodations and reminded that breakfast will be awaiting your attendance in the morning.

The prices for these beautifully decorated rooms are extremely affordable and the view of the grounds are amazing.

Ms. Hall takes extreme care and pays attention to the needs of her guests at the Inn and I look forward to our next visit!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Attleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a nice cozy weekend getaway and Abbey's was the perfect place. I've never been a huge fan of B&B's but I have now changed my tune. Erika was always around if we needed something but also gave us plenty of privacy. We rented the Southwest room which I loved, the only thing I didn't care for was it was right off the dining room, if I had known that I probably would have chose a different room. That aside though it was perfect...my husband loved the wood burning fireplace! I personally loved the bedding.. I normally get skittish sleeping on hotel bedding but I felt perfectly at home here. It was the perfect escape where you felt secluded but then had things to do right around the corner. We frequented downtown Mystic and drove around the corner to Foxwoods. 5 stars!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ledyard
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
Two Trees Inn
Two Trees Inn
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn? Share your experiences!