“Serene B&B close to casino and Mystic!”

Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Ledyard B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Serene B&B close to casino and Mystic!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Erika was a wondeful host and the place is beautiful! We stayed in the Cadillac Suite loved the deck and jacuzzi in the bathroom. This place is literally down the road from Foxwoods and only a short drive to Mystic. If you want a quiet, comfortable place that feels like your home away from home then this is it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sweetkandikane1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Jamaica Plain, Boston
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I needed a place to rest, and to nurture myself on my b-day...best decision I ever made! Between napping, enjoying a jacuzzi, and sitting out on the deck reading, it was the perfect weekend. I left revived! WE HAVE ALREADY BOOKED FOR NEW YEAR'S EVE! And of course, I am going back for birthday 2013! I think Foliage too, because the property is surrounded by beautiful trees!

Room Tip: They are all excellent rooms with their own unique personality.
, Manager at Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Cheryl: Thank you for your review. So glad you had a reinvigorating, therapeutic birthday weekend. Pure rest & relaxation is what we all need from time to time. I look forward to your return stay this New Years holiday and perhaps in the autumn as well. Wishing you a great summer.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My friends and I came up to Abbey's after several days in NYC. What a contrast! The first day was a little drizzly, but we just sank into the Inn for r & r. The room I was in, the Southwest, is so inviting and the bed luxurious. I had to take a couple of short naps to get the most out of it. The next two days were just beautiful and I awoke in the morning to the country quiet with only the sound of birds. The grounds are lovely with flowers and lawn, well kept all. The gathering place away from the main house is great for for a glass of wine and little conversations with friends.

, Manager at Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the Southwest Room and sounds of the birds singing in the trees. We hope you'll return soon!
North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I had a wonderful time at the inn with two friends. We each had lovely rooms with plenty of space. The Inn is landscaped beautifully and well kept. There were lots of nooks and crannies and a private deck for each room. Another space away from the inn adds one more area to spread out or get away. Erica, the innkeeper was a wonderful reference for places to eat, things to see and do. I will definitely go back...and stay longer. The area surrounding the inn is lovely and three days was not enough time to experience all there is.

, Manager at Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for your review Ann. We hope that you'll be able to come back and enjoy the New England fall season when the leaves turn, bonfires burn, and the promise of fresh-pressed hot apple cider beckons you to the famous Clyde's Cider Mill.
Provincetown, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Hands down my favorite b & b of all the ones I have ever stayed in. Great energy, a place of total relaxation & individual attention from its gracious innkeeper. This was my second visit & will not be my last.

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. Your comments about us being "a destination in itself; a peaceful retreat with all the amenities, great energy, a place of total relaxation" give us encouragement that our dreams for the inn are becoming reality. We plan that with each return visit, you will find the inn better than the last visit.
East Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed at Abbey's for our anniversary begining of June. It's a nice quaint quiet place to relax and spend time with your significant other. We had the Mystic room which had hardwood floors and a jacuzzi tub in the room. The room also had ceiling fans which we liked! Erika was a wonderful hostess and provided a tasty breakfast on Sunday morning. Abbey's is a welcome alernative to staying at the casino and is close to Foxwoods and to Mystic. We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Maria: Thank you for celebrating your Anniversary at Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn! We're glad you enjoyed the Mystic Room and look forward to your return, hopefully before your next Anniversary :-)
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My fiance and I were there for Memorial Day weekend. We immediately fell in love with the location. Erika the owner was very friendly and helpful and recommended us a lot of great things to see/places to go to.
The property has so much character. We were in the little cottage with our dog and she had the best time! The grounds are beautiful and we enjoyed relaxing in the hammock and on the grass!
We'll definitely come back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
abbeysinn, Manager at Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Alex: I'm glad to hear you both had a very enjoyable time at the inn with your dog. I completely agree about our great location. I'm shopping for another hammock so that when you return, you'll both be able to relax/take a nap in the sunshine! Hope to see you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ledyard
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
#3 of 4 in Mashantucket
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn? Share your experiences!