All reviewsmain buildinglime rock parktennis courtsmorgan's restaurantlong weekenda wonderful staynew englandthis past weekendhousekeeping staffsunnysideweddingwoodsidewinstonaccommodationsctretreatreunion
Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

Our Family stayed here for two nights this past weekend for a wedding right up the road at a beautiful old barn that was made into a incredible venue for weddings. We stayed in a group of rooms that were located in the rear of the property. I think our room was 142. All in all it was a great stay. I enjoyed a lounge area with a TV with 2 couches to watch both college pregame activities as well as pro football pregame. Private and relaxing. The room was very clean, but the outside area before you walked into the room could use some attention. The restaurant and bar closed unusually early both Friday and Saturday night. We had a larger group that would have spent lots of money but ended up going back to our rooms. Thursday night we caught the bar just as it was closing. The bartender graciously stayed to allow us a drink at the end of the day. Would go back as the setting was great. Wish the gym would have been better equipped.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Kevin B, General Manager at Interlaken Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am terribly sorry we did not have the exercise equipment that you would have liked in the fitness room. The size of that space dictated the appropriate equipment needed and recommended by the health consultant. I am sure if we had more space the consultant would have added other pieces.
Thank you for your kind words and I do hope you will have the chance to visit again soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2017

My husband and I stayed in a cottage at the Inn this past week-end. We attended events at Lyme Rock and the location is ideal. There was a wedding very close to our cottage but the music ended at 10 which was fine. The cottage was very clean and equipped with 3 bathrooms, a kitchen, 2 bedrooms and 4 beds ....perfect for a larger group. We stayed in cottage 213/214. Yes considering this was Labor Day Weekend expect to pay premium prices.The staff at the front desk was very accommodating and not pretentious in any way. We ate in the dining room one night and the food was good. Our clam chowder soup was cold but the waitress graciously removed the charge. The morning breakfast is reasonably priced and there is no charge on Labor Day but it was a bit spartan. Yes for dog lovers you can bring your dog and we saw many people taking advantage of this perk. We attempted to book a room for next Labor Day and the Inn was completely booked however we are on a waiting list. The lake setting is beautiful for a wedding. To be certain not to be disappointed in any way it's best to speak to the management to manage your expectations. They are more than willing to make your stay exactly what you were expecting. Finally to respond to a previous comment about Ferraris in the parking lot...yes you'll see sports cars because of the proximity to Lyme Rock which appeals to serious car enthusiasts which include my husband and me! Thank you for a lovely week-end.

Stayed: September 2017
Kevin B, General Manager at Interlaken Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to not only respond, but to take the time to read other posts about the property!
It is so true with all the beautiful surroundings in this corner we often have such a diverse clientele visiting our property. All the wonderful racing enthusiasts, our beautiful brides celebrating their destination wedding, our marvelous Parents' visiting one of the amazing private schools or families and couples visiting this gorgeous "neck of the woods". Every Guest is so important to this property and we want each of them to feel like they are the most special Guest when they visit.
I appreciate you taking the time to notice all that we have to offer and I am so pleased you took the time to explain it to others.

Reviewed August 24, 2017

We stayed back in 2014 after I submitted our proposal story. They had a deal going if you submitted your story and came to check out the venue you got a free night. And we would have booked here if not for how uncomfortable the location made us feel. My now-husband and I are not huge rollers with tons of money and our little Subaru Impreza was parked next to Ferraris. The room was your typical hotel-like room (stayed in the main building.) The dinner at Morgan's was OK, but not totally worth the price. We also had to clear up post-stay with the restaurant after they double-charged our card. The tour of the wedding space was very nice and prices were reasonable for it. We loved the lake view and some of the add-ons. But at the end of the day, we just didn't feel comfortable enough with the people or location to book.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
Kevin B, General Manager at Interlaken Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review my property. I guess a little time has passed (3years) since you actually stayed with us. I am terribly sorry you felt uncomfortable by the vehicles parked next to your car. Interlaken is a wonderful property that appeals to many different "walks of life". We have hosted hundreds upon hundreds of wedding over the years, some of them Mercedes and some of them Subaru models. I find, no matter what vehicle you drive everyone wants their wedding day to be filled with great service, beautiful surroundings and fond memories.
I am sorry you had the wrong impression about our property and I wish you and your husband a wonderful life together!

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

We booked the Basha cottage at Interlaken Inn. The cottage is absolutely beautiful inside and outside. We also enjoyed wonderful meals at the restaurant Morgan's. Would definitely recommend both places. Will definitely be coming back.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Rnicoli
Kevin B, General Manager at Interlaken Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

Thank you for your comments on Basha Cottage. I was told on the last day of your stay that you had questioned our breakfast chef about a tour of the lake. I'm sorry that I missed you at check out, I would be happy to arrange that for you the next time you are here. Please just let me know when you are up again and we will schedule that for you. I look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed August 13, 2017

Recently over 80 members of my family stayed at the Interlaken Inn for a long overdue family reunion weekend. We were overjoyed to find Interlaken and all its offerings. Spacious grounds, beautiful lake, heated pool, lawn games, bonfire, game room, sauna and more...wonderful options for all to gather and make memories. We had a wonderful time. The staff was warm and helpful. The food was excellent, warm and friendly service, and the rooms were very comfortable. Special shout out to Mihelle Bousquet, our event coordinator, who provided us with internet options for reservations and answered many, many emails to refine the details of the weekend. Many of us have already committed to the planning of our 2020 reunion at Interlaken.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank NoreenDonatich

Thank you, Noreen, for your wonderful comments about your experience here with us. Being able to provide a great atmosphere for family getaways is one of our favorite things we do. Making sure that everything is perfect is no easy task, so I will be sure to pass along your praises to Michelle. She will be happy to hear she was able to make your stay all that you imagined. We cannot wait to have you back for 2020!