All reviewsmain buildinglime rock parktennis courtsmorgan's restaurantlong weekenda wonderful staynew englandthis past weekendhousekeeping staffsunnysideweddingwoodsidewinstonaccommodationsctretreatreunion
Reviewed June 11, 2015

I recently held a 2-day conference at the Interlaken for approximately 65 people. The food was wonderful - plentiful, healthy, and delicious - and very reasonably priced! The meeting facilities and a/v were excellent. The sleeping rooms were very nice, with good variety. Best of all, was the customer service from the entire staff. One staff member is assigned for the duration of the event. Our staff person, William, was absolutely amazing! He thought of everything. He ensured that the event was a success! I've never experienced such a level of hospitality in my 30 years of meeting planning!

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled on business
Kevin B, General Manager at Interlaken Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2015

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. William was so pleased to hear he made such an impact on your program. He is such a compliment to our management team and have experienced many similar praises from other retreats. We look forward to hosting your event again in the future.

Reviewed June 11, 2015

This is a nice place to stay - the dinner at the restaurant was great. It was disappointing that Interlaken Inn did not mention there was a large wedding on Saturday. Lake access was not happening at 330pm with the wedding at the lake and the wedding band playing until 10pm from late afternoon....did not need to hear that. I came up to get away from NYC noise. Not sure if I will go back.

The Room was nice - Stayed in the SunnySide Building. Had I nice porch with lots of chairs.

Room Tip: Sunnyside is a nice building - but no refrigerator in room
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled with friends
Kevin B, General Manager at Interlaken Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2015

I am sorry the wedding disrupted your afternoon in the country, from the time we start planning events we encourage the ceremonies to start the festivities at 6pm and end by 10pm. We do this because it is our experience most other Guests that are not involved with the wedding will be getting ready to go out for dinner and are not usually back in their Guest room until after the 10pm time frame. I am terribly sorry for not understanding your needs better and we will certainly do a better job at this in the future. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our dining room the Chef is working very hard to make this the best dining experience in our area.

Reviewed June 7, 2015

We had the good fortune to spend last fall in the are on business for 8 weekends of which we spent 5 at the Interlaken Inn. The out lying buildings were typical New England and exceedingly quiet even when they had events at the hotel. We stayed in the main building one weekend but I would highly recommend the other buildings on the property even though they were far older. The food was outstanding and bartenders were excellent. If I get back in the area I will surely make this my choice of stays.

Room Tip: Rooms not in main building.
  • Stayed: November 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Tripadvisor audience. I am happy to hear you enjoyed some of our outside buildings while visiting. Guests have many options when visiting our property, from pet rooms to modern townhouses and even quintessential New England accommodations. We purposely keep our lodging diverse so we are able to stay attractive to many different types of travelers. I will work harder to raise our level of value rating with you.
Thank you for your comments!

Reviewed June 4, 2015

We were in the area to hike and zip line and we took advantage of a special deal for teachers (weekdays in May) to stay at Interlaken, which otherwise would have been too expensive. The room choices offered with the deal were limited. In fact there were no choices to be made during the required online registration. Despite a couple of small glitches we had a very pleasant stay. The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful.
Because I was traveling with my adult daughter we wanted two beds in the room not just a queen or king so I called to make sure this was available. A chipper desk clerk assured me that could be arranged even though I had to register online. When we arrived, however, we had been given a room with a king. The clerk I had spoken to the day before was on duty and quickly made the switch to a room with two queens. Unfortunately, that room had strong and unpleasant smell which did not dissipate when we opened the screen door to the little patio. After a short while I went to the desk and they immediately sent the head of the housekeeping department. She tried running the AC full blast, but the smell lingered and they agreed to move us. This involved some juggling (again the staff person, this time the woman in charge of housekeeping, was responsive and apologetic) since a group was coming in the next day. All the available rooms were just one bed. Ultimately we were given a small upgrade to another two bed room. As far as I could tell the only difference was an in-room fridge but that turned out to be handy for our leftover pizza. This room was clean and comfortable and smell-free.

The other small issue was that the room did not have a remote for the video so we needed to have someone come in an set up captions for the movie we wanted to watch. Again, this was taken care of immediately.

The breakfast is billed as continental so I expected only coffee, juice, and rolls, but it included made to order omelets and lots of other choices. Brenda, the friendly staff person in the dining room, made a special trip to get me a pot of freshly brewed decaf which is not usually put out in the early morning.

The accommodations include a pool, tennis courts, and use of canoes and kayaks. We took advantage of the latter one afternoon and had a lovely row on the lake.

I would definitely recommend Interlaken, although without a discount of some sort I'd rate it as slightly overpriced. There's not much competition in the area. They seem to host lots of conferences and I can see it would be a good value for that with the expansive grounds, conference rooms, friendly staff, and slow-food restaurant (which we didn't try). It doesn't seem like a place for small children, but teenagers would probably enjoy a stay.

Room Tip: Our view was the parking lot. Other buildings have porches with rockers and grassy/lake views.
  • Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family

I appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our services. I apologize for the lingering stale smoke smell upon your arrival. We do have very responsive equipment to correct these problems when they occur. I am sorry this was not discovered before you arrived and inconvenienced the start of your getaway. As a rule we do not keep the programmable remotes in the Guest rooms we tried this several years ago and it proved to be very confusing for our customers and caused much stress and unhappiness.
Thank you for noticing our outstanding breakfast spread and of course Brenda.
Brenda works very hard to keep everything fresh and organized and certainly appreciates the recognition.
Most of all thank you for teaching our children!

Reviewed April 20, 2015

I had the opportunity to spend an extended weekend at the Inn with a few of my nearest and dearest friends. After a long, hard, cold winter, we were looking forward to some quality time to be together to catch up on time gone by. The Inn provided just that scenario for us. The luck of the weather brought the promise of a few good days as we enjoyed scrumptious meals on the patio, fine dinners lingering over exquisite desserts, and then the next morning a hearty breakfast to fuel us for whatever activity we set out to conquer. Unfortunately, we had a bit of a mishap. However, Kevin was able to set our affairs in order. It is a comfort to know that we will always be well taken care of at the Interlaken Inn.

I have read reviews about the exterior of the Inn. Yes, it is weather beaten wood. If that wood could talk, what tales it would tell of the people would passed through the doors and slept under it's roof. If it was good enough for them, it's good enough for me!

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sewitgoes

We all had a wonderful time hosting your retreat and we are looking forward to your return in the fall. In the meantime if you need to escape the summer heat visit Interlaken again for a getaway and paddle around the cool waters of lake Wononscopomuc .

Thank you for your comments!