I chose Interlaken based on reviews I'd read online and was quite satisfied with the choice. I was looking particularly for an upscale but not outrageously expensive hotel with spa services for my companion and I to enjoy a leisurely, romantic weekend. I purchased an "Escape & Indulge" package which included a room with king bed in the main lodge, a couples massage at the spa, two cocktails and breakfast. (Alas we slept late and never did get to partake of the breakfast.) The hotel was lovely, our room spacious and clean with a vaulted ceiling. The hour long massage from the two masseurs in the adjacent small but cozy, clean spa facility was delightful. We sat at the quiet hotel bar and sipped on our cocktails to the accompaniment of a very good, but not obtrusive pianist. Later that evening we ate in the hotel dining room and were pleasantly surprised by a truly outstanding meal. (A shared ceasar salad, two entrees and wine cost about $80.) The cable TV in the room had no pay-per-view movie channel but the hotel provided a free small DVD library to choose a video from that could be watched via the DVD player built into the large flat panel TV. Since it was a chilly November weekend we didn't get to use the outdoor pool or take advantage of the private beach on the nearby lake (across the road from the hotel). The only negative worth mentioning was that we could clearly hear the voices of people walking past our room. Fortunately for us there wasn't much foot traffic in the corridor until fairly late on Sunday morning, so it wasn't a detriment to our stay. I'd definitely go to Interlaken again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming country resort in the heart of New England with 78 gorgeous guestrooms on 30 manicured acres, nestled between shimmering lakes. All rooms have A/C, cable TV, DVD, phone and private bath. Complete with recreational facilities including tennis, outdoor heated swimming pool, health & fitness center, massages & spa services, gameroom, golf, canoes & kayaks, more... An abundance of cultural attractions and antiquing is nearby. Pet friendly accommodations and top-rated dining in Morgan's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Interlaken Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Interlaken Hotel Lakeville
- Interlaken Resort Lakeville