“Reply to bad wedding review”
Review of Interlaken Inn

Interlaken Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lakeville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I am writing this to respond to the previous bad wedding review which was held last Saturday at Interlaken Inn. It was the wedding of my only daughter, which she said after, "was the wedding she always dreamed of. A prefect wedding." Every guest who attended basically agreed . "It was just beautiful from the setting , food, flowers, music , ceremony everything perfect' But at last we cannot please everyone.
True it is a short walk to the lake, on a paved road where the ceremony was held. But it a guest feels the walk is to much they can drive or be driven to the sight, The appetizer which she didn't like was , crab salad on plantain, which was one of the many appetizers we picked for a long list was a favorite of mine. Again cant please everyone.
True as any early Spring night it did get cooler. But those who found it uncomfortable could have went to the attached room off the tent. Again it was my daughters choice to leave the sides of the tent up. Noone left early because of the chill. And no one was unhappy except maybe one guest.... All in all my daughter was very happy with her wedding. And as already stated isn't that what a wedding is al about the bride? Not a guest who has a chip on her shoulder. Would I recommend this venue for a wedding. Absolutely, Stephanie was the best wedding planner. The entire staff at Interlaken went out of their way to make this the most beautiful wedding for my daughter. I thank each and everyone for a beautiful day.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Liane M
Kevin B, General Manager at Interlaken Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

We are very appreciative that you took the time to share your daughter's happiness about her wedding here at Interlaken. We strive to make the day perfect for every couple, and to know the day was just as she hoped for pleases us greatly. Thank you so much for sharing with the Tripadvisor audience.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I recently attended a wedding at this venue. Unfortunately, I can't say I recommend it. The ceremony took place on the lake across the street. It's a bit of a walk to the lake, but once you arrive, it's lovely. After the ceremony, the cocktail hour started out ok, though some of the appetizers were a little strange (dried banana topped with crab salad?) Next we were directed to the reception tent. Here's where the problems started. The sides were completely off on 2 lengths of the tent, mid May. As the sun dropped behind the trees, so did the temperature. It went from about 75 degrees during the day to about 55 rather quickly. Most women were not prepared for the serious drop in temperature. I asked politely (the server at first, then after about an hour the floor manager) if they could please put sides on the tent (no heaters also) I was told that brides/grooms are required to "make a call" at the beginning of the day "sides on or sides off", and that they will not alter or adjust based on weather. I happen to be a wedding planner and have 20 years of experience watching caterers take sides on and off as necessary. Here, I was told it was too difficult, required ladders, tents sides were in storage, not possible....REALLY? I felt particularly bad for the old folks, who left very early. People went to their cars for winter coats. Guests were not happy. It's a shame. They clearly do not understand the wedding market, or their responsibility to their client.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank pmg14
Kevin B, General Manager at Interlaken Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

After reading the comments from this Guest, I think this is something that should have been discussed directly and not brought to the attention of millions of Tripadvisor readers. Certainly better discretion and respect should have been considered before she attacked how the Bride wanted her event to be carried out. It appears this "experienced" wedding planner forgot the most vital piece of wedding event etiquette: the entire day belongs to the Bride. What the Bride wants she will get. That is how the Interlaken team has made their success in catering such a special event.

I do not need to answer these comments from a near-sighted Guest; I can only offer the readership this message from the Bride’s family. “It was a beautiful day, Stephanie did an OUTSTANDING job! We will certainly be responding ourselves on the Tripadvisor site."

I have seen my share of self absorbed individuals (being in the hospitality business for over 40 years), but to question the Bride on her day certainly reaches a new level.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

As the warm weather arrived and the driving season started, I once again spent 2 nights at the Interlaken, to attend a Porsche event at Lime Rock Park. The hotel is very close to the track and quite convenient. The staff was once again friendly and on top of things. The room was comfortable and clean. The complimentary breakfast is available very early, which includes made to order eggs or omelets. I had a chance to meet the managerial staff at a meet and greet cocktail hour and chatted with them for quite some time. They are not only very friendly, but very concerned about the guest's experience at the hotel.

If you are going to the area, this is the place to stay. Thanks Michelle for always making my stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building if you have a choice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank IslandLovers01

We so appreciate you taking the time to write another favorable review about our service and the staff here at Interlaken. It was certainly our pleasure meeting you, so I thank you for joining us at our Wednesday cocktail hour. It is always enjoyable to welcome back the Racers for another great season at Lime Rock Park. We look forward to your next visit, and will make certain all of your future stays with us are most comfortable.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I first stayed at Interlaken one year ago and gave it an excellent rating. Another stay this year it receives the same high marks. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and inviting. The newly redone bathroom showers are now my favorite type of walk-in shower. The staff exceptionally friendly and accommodating. No request goes unnoticed. Each request is met with a smile. Morgan's Restaurant is 5-stars. The food beautifully seasoned and presented. Delicious and a warm atmosphere. Don't stay anyplace else if you are in the area! I will be a repeat customer.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mlikens

Thank you so much for such a complimentary review of our property and staff. We all truly enjoy serving our Guests and I am glad it shows. We are so pleased you enjoyed your weekend with us, and will look forward to many return visits from you.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I very much liked our 1 night stay at the Interlaken. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, Morgan's restaurant is phenomenal, and my wife got an excellent massage from the on-site Ellora spa.

We paid $199/night on hotels.com and despite that being a relatively low rate for the Interlaken, I still feel like that is a bit much. This is not a fancy, elite looking property, and has more rustic charm than any "wow factor." I'd definitely recommend it overall, but I can see why those paying higher rates in the summer could be a bit underwhelmed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin B, General Manager at Interlaken Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words! I am so glad that you enjoyed your getaway here, as we strive to create a comfortable, relaxing destination that you'll fall in love with.

As the summer season approaches we do hope that you'll return to take advantage of all of our property amenities. Our staff will soon be preparing the lake front (canoes & kayaks are complimentary for Guests), the numerous gardens & plantings, the swimming pool, tennis courts and more (golf is right next door too). Frequently our Guests find that everything they need is right here, making us a good choice for an "all-inclusive" property in this area.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a favorable review. We do hope that you'll visit us again this season!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

The staff at the Interlaken are phenomenal. I have been coming to this hotel for almost 10 years. Every year the food is wonderful, the staff is helpful, the rooms are clean and the atmosphere is hospitable. I spend 3 days and 2 nights here every year, along with a group of up to 40 women, yet the staff makes me feel like I am the only one they are worried about pleasing. It is usually booked to capacity with other events but they want to make sure each and every customer is enjoying their stay. I can't wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub you should request the lower level. All of the rooms have been remodeled and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank pbfoot845
Kevin B, General Manager at Interlaken Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments of the staff here at Interlaken. We truly enjoy taking care of our Guests and I am so glad it shows - it's truly our pleasure! We so appreciate your loyalty to our property for so many years. We look forward to serving you and the entire group of ladies again in 2015.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

A large group of us have been traveling to the Interlaken for a scrapbooking weekend for at least the last 8 years and always have a great time. Everyone is always so friendly and there are faces we recognize year after year (a good sign that a business can retain its quality staff!) This year though, they went above and beyond in the hospitality department. They were so accommodating - anything we needed or wanted but beyond that, they anticipated our needs and even spoiled us with some sweet treats for National Peanut Butter Day! Can't wait to go back next year!! I highly recommend the Interlaken for a group event or even a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Down stairs bathrooms have tubs - upstairs rooms have walk-in showers if that matters to you!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Melaine R
Kevin B, General Manager at Interlaken Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you, Melaine, for writing such a wonderful review about your weekend with us. Your compliments are so very well appreciated! The entire staff at Interlaken loves to welcome the entire scrapbooking group every year - thank you all so much for your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you in 2015!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
White Hart Inn
White Hart Inn
#1 of 1 in Salisbury
The Litchfield Inn, BW Premier Collection
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Great Barrington/Berkshires
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lenox Gre...
#2 of 10 in Great Barrington
Grace Mayflower Inn and Spa
Inn at Iron Masters
Inn at Iron Masters
#2 of 4 in Lakeville
Blackberry River Inn
Blackberry River Inn
#1 of 3 in Norfolk

Been to Interlaken Inn? Share your experiences!