“Fine Fare”

Interlaken Inn Morgan's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Interlaken Inn Morgan's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Lakeville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
East Meadow, New York
“Fine Fare”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I have dined at Morgan's during our annual fall getaways for the past few years and are always delighted with our meals. The waitstaff is professional and friendly offering suggestions and answering questions. However, on a very quiet evening in the dining room, the waitstaff began to break down the tables at 8:00 PM, clearing off the shakers, candles, settings, etc. which made me feel a bit like it was 4AM and closing time. Also, the chef was walking around the room with some of the staff, looked right at us and offered no welcoming smile or acknowledgment of any kind. Since we were only one of two tables occupied, it would have been a nice gesture. The kitchen did send out two cookies with our check which was lovely, but a warm smile or even a nod goes a long way.

Anchorage, Alaska
“Morgan's restaurant”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have dinned at this restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lunches are probably the best choice. Breakfast is hard to not do well but when the person making the omelets over cooks, or under cooks as what happened to me, it makes you wonder. Dinner was not very good, as the steak I ordered was full of gristle, tuff and over cooked. My associates fish was under cooked. Most of the staff was foreign, slightly difficult to understand but were attentive.

White River Junction, Vermont
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

See my Interlaken Inn review and you'll see my thoughts on Morgans Restaurant. We loved the detail in the food preparation, the efficiency of the waitstaff, and the length of the wine list.

New Jersey
“We Doubled our Pleasure”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We spent two nights at the Interlaken Inn, with reservations at Morgan's for the Chef's six course "farm to table" tasting menu on the first night. We were greeted at the door and informed that they had been waiting for us. We were seated and informed that the Chef would soon be out to meet us. Chef Scimeca soon came to our table and explained what the tasting menu was all about. He then asked us how adventuresome we wanted to be and was absolutely delighted when we gave him the green light to serve us whatever he thought best. HIs enthusiasm throughout the evening was noteworthy--he seemed to enjoy preparing and explaining the courses almost as much as we enjoyed consuming them. He advised us on which wine selections would best complement the courses he had planned. The food was amazing! Fresh ingredients, mostly grown locally and organically, were combined in innovative and delicious ways. The sauces were perfect. Each new course was a surprise. The service was outstanding. We were so impressed with the food and the entire experience the we asked the Chef if we could repeat the experience with six different courses the next night. He readily accepted our challenge. We returned the next night and had six more fabulous courses. The Chef mentioned that he had been thinking about us during his morning hike and specially picked some of the ingredients along the way. I wish I could describe some of the courses, but I am not a food writer and put my efforts into enjoying each course as it came, rather than trying to remember them all. I do know that a course with pork tenderloin on the second night caused me to temporarily leave the bonds of earth, floating in a gastronomical heaven. We thoroughly enjoyed this very unique and special dining experience and will never forget it.

• Visited August 2013
5 Thank ChuckH436
NYC
“Creative Farm-to-table Suprise!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We weekend in the area and had heard some really nice things about the restaurant at the Interaken Inn, Morgan's, from some friends of ours. I did a google search prior to making a reservation and the menu looked creative and locally sourced. Then read an article about how many items the chef grows on his farm for the restaurant, hooked...

The menu really stood out nicely for our area. It is very seasonal and locally sourced, which means a lot to me, since we are in an area dotted with farms.

For a first course we had a lovely sashimi of bright orange salmon that was amazing and large diver scallops with sweet corn puree and a crunchy topping of some sort. Both amazing and fresh.

After that we had a local veal with housemade pasta that we loved an amazing duck with pickled cherries, baby carrots and farro. The waiter mentioned that the carrots as well as the side of chard I ordered came from there farm.

Dessert was homey, seasonal and creative. We had the apple fritter with sour cream ice cream and a pretzel ice cream sundae (don't miss).

Overall amazing food and very nice service.

Downside- Room a bit formal and hidden. There isnt sign by the road or when you walk into the hotel. Not sure why they want to keep this hidden????

• Visited August 2013