“A magical wedding weekend in a picture perfect setting”
Review of Wake Robin Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lakeville
Wake Robin Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Lakeville B&B and Inns
Massachusetts
“A magical wedding weekend in a picture perfect setting”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed for two nights at the Wake Robin Inn to attend a friend's wedding this September. I had no preconceived notions about what to expect as this was the venue chosen by the bride and groom so we had not researched the property in advance. All I can say is WOW! From the gorgeous, stately exterior, to the charming rooms (we visited a few of them during our stay), the wonderful staff and sprawling, beautiful grounds we were more than impressed. Specifically:
1. Check inn was quick and efficient
2. Our room was clean and inviting
3. The small pub was charming and cozy
4. The food quality at the continental breakfast (It was far more than that) was of great quality
5. The staff was friendly, approachable, warm and accomodating
6. Check out was as simple as dropping your key in a basket

We would not hesitate to stay here again and really appreciate all that the owners and staff did to accomodate us. They went above and beyond expectations in every way!

Room Tip: Splurge on room 124. You will feel like royalty.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Marlborough, Connecticut
Reviewed August 21, 2011

My wife and I returned to the Wake Robin Inn for the first time to celebrate our five-year anniversary. We were married there in 2006 and had a phenomenal experience. The tranquil but eloquent setting, along with gracious hosts, made a potential stressful event the best day of our lives. And I can unequivocally say that they went out of their way to make our return trip just as memorable. I can't commend the sincere professionalism and genuine interest in our well-being enough. We plan on going back every year!
Matt and Alane

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt W
Hebron, CT
Reviewed August 21, 2011

When we first visited Wake Robin Inn (WRI), we knew that this would be the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding at a quiet secluded location in beautiful Litchfield Hills. WRI is a pristine, elegant, and charming beautifully decorated inside and out white mansion on a hill with comfortable air conditioned accommodations for all our guests coming from nine states. The grand front steps, porch, and entrance lead to the main floor social areas that are inviting and comfortable and include a great classic Irish Pub. WRI has a spacious elegant ballroom, back yard tri level decking, many comfortable outside social areas, and an outdoor fire pit. The breakfast sunroom is charming and serves an extensive delicious continental morning meal. But without a doubt, WRI's greatest asset is the professional, helpful, attentive, patient, flexible, and gracious innkeepers and staff. Thank you Michael and Shaffin for your exquisite distinctive hospitality, outstanding service, and amazing staff.
Wake Robin Inn was a beautiful venue for our daughter's perfect destination wedding where memories were made that would last a lifetime!
With much gratitude, George and Nancy Bennett

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Albany, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Our car club recently held a 2 day event at Lime Rock Park, and arranged a deal on room rates with the Wake Robin Inn. The place is very interesting, as the main building is a large mansion with very nice decor inside. There is a large front porch that has wicker chairs. We checked in around 8:30pm and then came back for a complimentary cocktail, which we enjoyed on the porch while talking with the friendly woman who was manning the front desk. The grounds are very quiet, and have a very private feel to them. Our rooms were in the "Summer Building", which is just down the long driveway from the main building. There was parking available for each building. Each room was very pleasantly appointed, and you had the feeling of staying in a private guest room in a home or bed-n-breakfast, as opposed to a traditional motel. The one negative I noticed was in room 105, there was a slightly musty smell that was being covered up with a rather strong plug-in air freshener. It was initially noticeable, but it didn't bother me and I didn't notice it after a few minutes. I stayed in another room (due to a snoring roommate), room 108 on my second night there and noticed no odor. Rm 105 had a full bed and a twin. The full bed was hard and slightly uncomfortable. Rm 108 had two twin beds, and the one I used was firm but comfortable. To illustrate the privacy of the grounds, we didn't even bother drawing our curtains in either room since there was nothing but greenery outside our windows. I was able to open windows for the evening for sleeping. There was some slight truck traffic on the main road on the weekday morning I was there, but it was very peaceful on the weekend morning I was there. The breakfast that was served was very good - continental, but it was still substantial. The dining area was very nice, with plenty of room, tablecloths, and plenty of windows. The waitstaff was attentive and were very pleasant. Real silverware and plates; no plastic forks and knives. On an interesting note, despite the warnings of no cell service on the grounds, my Verizon Wireless phone has plenty of signal and I was able to use online services without an issue. The hotel does offer free long distance on their guestroom phones, and they have WiFi available, but only at the main building as it doesn't extend down to the Summer building. I was impressed enough with the facility that I plan to bring my wife for a stay in the future.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank EJEvo8
Carlisle, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I was traveling with my teenage son. We'd booked a room to share, but when we arrived the manager told us that he'd upgraded us to connecting rooms. My son was thrilled not to have to turn off the lights at my much earlier bedtime! We'd stayed there, only once before, just one night, but the manager said that since we were returning customers, that he wanted to do this for us. All of the staff are wonderful. I was provided hot tea every night. The inn is relaxed - it doesn't have expensive, perfect antiques and it's worn around the edges, but it's clean and pretty and comfortable. And my son loved the fast, free wifi.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed June 12, 2011

My wife and I stayed for a wedding of a friend and felt at once the relaxed and comfortable charm of the inn. The front porch and lobby area were a warm welcome. The staff was friendly and very attentive and the room was perfect. The breakfast was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. This is a great place to get away from the stress of everyday life and we would highly recommend a stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Canaan, Connecticut
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Dear Michael,

Thanks so much for all you, Shaffin and your staff did to make our daughter's wedding special. The day was absolutely perfect. The Inn looked beautiful. We were able to enjoy the lovely grounds, taking pictures outside as well as on the lovely porch. The parlor was set up perfectly for our party as well as all the other areas inside and out. The dining room looked beautiful with the white chair covers and green bows. Everyone raved about the food prepared by Bridge Creek Catering. The appetizers were awesome. The wait staff made sure everyone had plenty to eat. The buffet dinner was excellent. Each item, from the beef tenderloin, stuffed chicken breast and salmon, to the salad and vegetables were all prepared perfectly and delicious. There was something for everyone to enjoy, and we all did!! The carrot and Guinness chocolate cupcakes were a great sweet treat to end the meal.

We relied on your guidance and expertise to make the day special, and everything went off without a hitch. We were able to relax and enjoy the party, knowing we had nothing to worry about. We spent the night at the Inn, enjoying a beautiful room and excellent breakfast. For the last week, we’ve heard nothing but what a great wedding reception it was, how great the food was and what a good time everyone had. Being from the area, we’ve enjoyed many good times at the Inn, but this was the best. If anyone were to ask us where to have their wedding reception, or other special party, our answer would be “Call Michael at the Wake Robin Inn!!!”

• Stayed May 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
White Hart Inn
#1 of 1 in Cornwall
The Amselhaus
The Amselhaus
#1 of 1 in Cornwall Bridge

Been to Wake Robin Inn? Share your experiences!