“Great scenic destination for CT locals and visitors!”

Kent Falls State Park
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Kent
New York City, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great scenic destination for CT locals and visitors!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is always a nice place to visit for every season! Families, couples, dogs, all partake in the great outdoors. Nice spot for a photo-op.

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
NYC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Pricey but Well Maintained”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Had a really nice visit. $15 for out of state car to park seems a bit much, but they do a nice job of maintaining the place and there were plenty of staff around, so in the end we felt that it was well worth it. Next time will bring so burgers and franks to grill on the grills on the lawn. Nice hike up to picturesque falls

Visited July 2014
1 Thank rbneuronyc
Stamford, Connecticut
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Really impressive after 3 days of rain”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Very nice place to picnic and nice walk on path up to top. One of our go to places when friends come to visit. Pairing it with lunch or dinner or shopping in Kent makes for a nice day

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kathy H
Douglas MA
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“A beautiful spot”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband & I have wanted to go here for quite a while since hearing about it, I think through AAA. It was not busy the day we went but I can see it could get very busy on a hot summer weekend or fall day. We did not walk to the top of the falls, it's very strenuous for somebody our age & not in good shape. I don't know how much more walking we would have had to do but we walked to just the first over look. The falls are beautiful & we had a picnic lunch at the bottom. There are bathrooms & I was surprised they were "real" flush toilets. We sat at the bottom & read for awhile & it was enjoyable listening to the water cascading. Another free CT park.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Lovelyliki
Halifax, Canada
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 242 helpful votes
“Picture Worthy”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Pros: Large open grassy areas, beautiful falls, good hiking trail

Cons: Didn't notice washroom facilities, could be more parking for the popularity of the park

Arriving at the park near the beginning of September sure sounds to have paid off. I have glanced at a few other reviews of the park and many have made the comment about the parking lot being full and them being turned away - glad that wasn't the case for me. I found that there was a lot of parking spaces, but after visiting I can see why this place fills up fast. It really is worth the visit.

If, and when, you find a parking spot you are immediately greeted by a very large open green grassy field. There were many families having picnics and playing frisbee in the area. I actually enjoyed seeing the park being used. There were picnic tables as well as grills all throughout the grassy area. There is a small stream dividing the parking lot from the park which you cross via a covered bridge at one end, or an open air bridge at the other. Very nice aesthetically.

The falls themselves are not overly big, but very beautiful. There are several landings to this waterfall, as compared to one long fall. It gives it more depth for sure. The park is set up so you can go right to the base of the falls allowing for excellent picture opportunities.

There is a path that does up the side of the falls allowing guests to follow the fall up to the top. Since there are a series of small falls that make up Kent Falls, I would recommend taking the walk up. There are stairs and if I recall a paved bath for people with differing needs - however it would be difficult if you were not able to hike up yourself.

Visited September 2013