“Overpriced for what you get”
Review of Club Getaway

Club Getaway
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

This adult camp bills itself as the source for unlimited recreation in the wilderness. In actuality, it is a worn down camp that is poorly maintained over the years. We paid $256 for a tiny one bed cabin for one night and was surprised too see upon entering that the room was dark, musty, tiny, paper thin walls and barrack-style showers without soap or any other amenities. Overnight parking was way down the hill in a dark unpaved lot.
I will never go here again nor will I ever recommend it to anyone. A complete disappointment

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank beentheretwo
There are newer reviews for Club Getaway

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My friend and I didn't have anything to do for Labor Day weekend, so we decided to try out Club Getaway. It had something for everyone, it seemed, as it surely accommodated my ever changing whims. The first day there my friend and I were up for adventure and more rigorous activity - hikes, rock climbing, trapeze, water skiing. We finished up an action packed day with much needed yoga. The meals were amazing and good sustenance for our adventures - I'm missing them as I write this on an empty stomach. Every night they throw a party. The first night we weren't feeling it so much, so we walked around and then headed back to our cabin, where we spent a little time chatting with our cabin mates before going to sleep. To be honest, my friend and I, both single, were a little tentative about the whole singles thing (even though it wasn't a singles weekend) .. I don't know, maybe even embarrassed of it, but it was actually perfectly balanced - not too meat market like, yet there were many easy ways to meet nice friendly people if you wanted. We sort of resigned ourselves to focus on the activities, the meals, and some relaxation by the lake rather than the social aspects, but, lo and behold, we made some great connections with people, had a great time dancing Saturday and Sunday night and my friend even met a guy, who she is still dating, last I checked.

So, yeah, great fun, activities, super nice and knowledgeable staff, beautiful camp grounds and delicious food ... I'd go back in a heartbeat!

2  Thank Elle F
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had been a recluse practically due to a life changing illness and other events, my children made it their business to send me somewhere I'd have a good time, relax and meet people.
This past weekend opened up my "being" and I felt like I was in the authentic "Never Never Land from Peter Pan", I was a kid again. I met new people, made new friends both fellow campers and crew. I can't believe that I tried activities I had longed to do and that dream came to fruition. Bruno, Hype Man I call him kept us laughing, Jules and I shared a nice discussion and hugs&laughs, Josh&Sean and Alberto...just really nice...plus the students from England, Ireland and other places courteous and kind, Chalice was a doll. The meals, OMG I've eaten at some of the best restaurants both here in the states and europe and Club Getaway can match that same cuisine and service. I honestly didn't want it to end, I look forward to going again next year, the year after that and bring along family and friends. I sent pics and texts to my former federal police officers and hoping they will get the opportunity to bring their own family and friends also. To see things as if I were a child again, oh what a gift...Thank You. I'm grateful to have experienced such a wonderfilled environment. See you all next year....Kim Parker

Room Tip: Its a cabin, with comfy beds and clean bathroom...met two beautiful roomies...now new friends.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank kepbnl3
Reviewed September 4, 2013

One of the most amazing experiences of my life. Had the best weekend with my family and had a blast. I will definitely plan on going again this time maybe with couples since it was too much fun to handle.

Amazing staff, fun, fun, fun activities, and they seemed endless to me and the great thing was they are not tiring you want to be on a go, go, go, and try everything as much as possible. On top of all these, good food and new people to meet and be friends with.

We are definitely coming back again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank PeterZar01
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I just spent 3 nights with a few girlfriends at Club Getaway in Kent, CT. It was so fun and such a wonderful time!
The price is well worth the money, you really get your moneys worth! One price and all food and activities are included! (very inexpensive excursion like to a winery for a wine tasting was only $10,) The only thing you have to pay for is your alcoholic beverages and a few non-alcohol beverages like soda, ect. The food was always fabulous, big breakfasts, lunches that where huge and full of variety and dinners, and BBQ'd burgers and hot dogs mid day . There was always a huge selection of foods and I stayed stuffed for 4 days!
The staff was beyond excellent, all friendly, all very involved with the guests and all very happy and extremely willing to always be helpful with anything they could. It was clear they like their jobs very much and were happy to be there.
The owner was impressive, very hands on. I saw him doing things all weekend,
There is a huge variety of activities all day, every day, you will never get bored.
I urge anyone who wants an adult camp for the weekend to check it out. Check out the website.
Club Getaway is in the woods, on a pond with all sorts of water activities also. Again, every activity you do is free. Unbelievable weekend for the money. The cabins are rustic but comfortable, remember, you are in the woods at a camp, they are cute little woodsy cabins, it's like a summer camp. It really is like Dirty Dancing! The rooms are clean and comfortable.
I will always come back. This place is a real gem.... I easily give it 5 out of 5 stars!
Thanks Club Getaway and all the employee's who work there, you people are awesome and it was FUN FUN FUN !!!!

1  Thank cynthiajill68
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I am just south of Boston (25 miles) so it took me about 3.5 hours to get there. Not a bad ride, I considered the distance just like going up to N. Conway.

I was first to arrive, so yes they don't let you in until 5:30. That was alright, I just hung out in the parking lot and chatted with the early arrivals. In fact; car number 2 and I ended up eating together a few times, doing activities together etc. Great people from New York. Who says Boston and NY can't mix?

Gosh, I just want to type a book here. I really have two negative things and the rest I am going to go back to positive. You see I gave it 5 stars so the negative does not win over what kind of place this is. The first negative; I had a friend that went with some of her pals. There were 4 of them and 1 of me. I was and still am cool with sharing a cabin with someone else, the only thing is that they couldn't have put us further apart. They told me they would put us close together, however I was over on lakeside (12b) and they were all the way over by the trampoline. I checked with the office to double check I did everything right while making my reservations and it was clear in the notes, but it must have been overlooked. We got together, but I think we would have crossed paths, been together a tad more if we weren't separated. In fact; they left earlier than I did and if we were closer we would have connected to say good-bye. Instead we caught up on our drives back. The second thing that bothered me was the "goodie bags" they gave the folks that bought a groupon/zozi. I got one, but it bothered me that everyone did not get one. The people that booked directly with the club did not qualify for the goodie bag, but the folks that got a discount off of groupon, zozi, or wherever they got their discount did get one. I sat with a couple at breakfast that paid full price and did not get the bags; they were disappointed. They asked and I am sure others that did not get the bags asked; "how did you get those?" I was a tad bothered that something so nice was not given to everyone (felt like most got it but not everyone got it). I think it should have been the right thing to do from this place, cause this couples disappointment really spread. Why not make everyone happy with that nice gift? Then they can pass them out on night one and their club advertisement will be noticed wherever people are from.

I am so impressed that I want you that is reading this to give this place a shot. Well that is if you are an open minded person and likes to meet people and have fun. Don't go pay a few hundred bucks to go lay at the beach there, you are going to take part in activities. If you want to go to the beach, go to the ocean. Now that said; you can go here and lay at the beach if you want to. =) There are things located everywhere, tennis, zip lines, swing, trampoline, so its really not like one location is better than the other. You are an active person to pick an activity weekend, so walking to and from activities is part of it.

There are so many activities you're going to be torn of which ones you want to do. You want to bike ride, hike, play tennis, jump on a trampoline.. Do it- why? Cause you can! I did swashbuckling, jumped on the trampoline, zip lined, pub hike, keg softball, flip-cup, took a tennis lesson, chair zumba. I really only spent $25 the whole weekend. You don't have to tip, but I did tip the girl that brought my luggage and the girl that took my luggage back to where I caught the van. I do that at hotels and I felt it was only proper to do that. Have a few bucks on you for that. This weekend was known as the adventure weekend (I am sure different weekends offer different things), but what I can tell you is that this place knows how to organize. One detail that really stands out is the staff. There are staff members everywhere. If there are not enough visitors ready to play volleyball, a staff member steps in and covers a spot until others show up. Not enough visitors to play dodge ball, there are staff members that are the fillers. How many times have you gone away to go play volleyball and there not be enough players? Maybe basketball? This place, you get to play. That stood out to me more than once, and they have fun while they are doing it.

The food was amazing! Yes, I said this and yes I have been on a ton of cruises and sometimes walked away saying the food could have been better. This place does the food right! I do think it gets crowded between breakfast and your lunch but if you wait 10 minutes or maybe get your dessert plate first then go back and get your food plate, you will be fine. I think the staff should kick back those first 10 minutes during lunch and wait for the lines to die down to help with that, but overall the food and its presentation was awesome!

I hope this review helps! I had two awesome roommates that did not know me before Friday, I met a ton of great people, enjoyed myself in some cases a tad too much, danced, made smores, laughed and laughed.... A cool experience that will be hard to beat. I think they need a frequent visitor program for someone like me =)

Rock On,

Kim

Room Tip: I think wherever you stay is going to great =)
7  Thank bstnldy
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Admitedly we were a bit surprised when we first got there. My wife made the reservations and didn't fully research that this is a true sleep away camp for kids that hosts adults on the weekends. You will be sleeping in a wood cabin that is one big room shared by 3-6 beds depending on the room you select. It isn't the greatest of sleeping arrangements but it is comfortable if you are with a group or open with new people. We went as a group of four so it wasn't bad. The room aside the rest of the trip was great. It is situated on a small lake in Kent Connecticut that has a small swimming area, a small loop for jet skiing, canoeing and paddle boarding. They have organized hiking trips that take to into the adjacent mountain with a beautiful view and an option to repel down a short wall and climb back up. They have zip line, trapeze, bungee trampoline, and a host of other outdoor activities. For the less adventurous there is zumba, wine tasting class, and yoga. The food is included and good. Dinner comes with wine and entertainment. The rest of the time you pay for drink tickets but it is reasonable $4/beer $8/mix drink. The staff were all very friendly and did a great job running all of the activities. The area is out of the way but beautiful located in a valley between two mountains/big hills. On the way there you will pass farms. The atmosphere of the place and that the camp creates is great and makes everyone much more friendly.
Overall it is a great time. Just be prepared that it is really a camp and not a resort. Aside from the cabins I would give the rest of the experience an excellent rating.

Room Tip: If possible book early and ask for a double occupancy only or try to travel in a group of 4 so you c...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank J J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Homestead Inn
#2 of 3 in New Milford
The Cornwall Inn
The Cornwall Inn
#1 of 1 in Cornwall

Been to Club Getaway? Share your experiences!