Club Getaway
$105
$100
  • Free Internet
Red Carpet Inn(New Milford)
$69
Homestead Inn(New Milford)(Great Value!)
$125
Newbury Inn(Brookfield)
$75
$73
Hotels.com
The Rocky River Inn(New Milford)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewszip linesummer camprock climbingboat housearts and craftsan absolute blastfun filled weekendgreat weekendbike ridinglabor day weekendflip cupsleeping bagropes courseaerial parkfamily camparcherytrapeze
Reviewed August 21, 2013

WHOA! ..No! This is not Club Getaway..This is "Fantasy Island"..only difference is there's no sea plane..you get taken away by the little blue bus!

I've been here twice! Where do you begin! You can find coupons almost anywhere! Zozi & Groupon for starters. AND..if not in January if you book early you save a ton of money! Damn..why am I telling you all my secrets to this place.

I've been in October for Fall Fest and just got back from sports weekend. I think I've used muscles I never knew existed! My first trip was with my Best Friend. We loved it so much we came back with two more people. I've already planned my 3rd trip in a few weeks!! Can you say new Club Getaway Addiction? Ahm, yeah!

The rooms have been upgraded a bit since the first visit and it just keeps getting better! They are just the cutest little cabins! It's totally an adult getaway on the weekends. But, I know they also have family weekends, too! No one under 21 is allowed on the adult weekends!! YAY!! This place is VERY WELL taken care of! The grounds are manicured perfectly. Everything is absolutely gorgeous. They take pride in this place. The owner David goes above and beyond to make you very happy. The entire staff is there to make your stay as pleasant as possible. From the minute you get out of your vehicle they run over and pick up your bags and your off to have the best weekend of your life!

The food is absolutely delicious. Both nights for dinner are sit down meals with several courses and both are served with wine that are complimentary! Breakfast is buffet style and you can have almost anything you can possibly imagine. Lunch is definitely my favorite..the desserts alone are enough to make you gain 10 lbs. just looking at them..I was so overwhelmed just walking around trying to figure out what to pick for lunch. There are just so many options. Even vegeterians will be happy!!

You will make friends here so quickly. Everyone is great! I've talked to people who have been coming here for 10+ years. You pay one fee to come here..No hidden costs..I mean NONE! The only thing you ever pay for is alcohol! That's it!!

They make sure you are very well take care of...They have towels on your bed including a bath towel, hand towel and face cloth. They even have one water bottle, too! They had water placed all over the resort with cups, so everyone stayed hydrated at all times. They didn't leave anything out!

The only tips I can even tell you is to bring:
Bug spray & a small flash light for at night!

You'll love this place!!!

***MOST IMPORTANTLY***
**Best advice I can give is make sure you get up early the next morning and sign up for the fun activities you really want to do..so you don't miss out! You have to sign up for some of the popular activities at 8:30 a.m!!**

Trust me..You will be happy you did all the above..I was!!

Room Tip: Choose a Mountain View Room that way if you want to go home early from the nightclub you will not hear the music all night! We didn't hear anything over there coming from the club.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank krazyrkamping
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My 2 best friends and I went to Camp, I mean Club Getaway this past weekend and had just the best time. I was completely prepared (having gone to sleep away camp for 16 summers in the Berkshires) to rough it, but this was better than roughing it! The cabins were adorable and they even had air conditioning. Not too fancy, but definitely cute. The shower is what I expected but the bathroom in total is a good size. We had a triple.

Arrival was pretty easy and they had a serious spread at the cocktail party. To say the least, the food was amazing. Breakfast and Lunch were our favorites as they could not have put out more food if they tried. You could get waffles, french toast, made to order omelets, potatoes, fruit, juice, cereal, tea(s), coffee..lunch was unreal with a crazy dessert bar, tacos, pizza, carving stations, fancy breads, hamburgers, pasta, stir-fry, fresh meat...just wonderful. Dinner was very good and served as a sit-down meal. Tea, coffee and water are available all day for free.

The activities are going all day long (if you want), we did archery, sword fighting, softball, trapeeze, hiking, walking, the lake, COLOR WAR was great fun for all, boating, relaxing....and at night...people just go to the club, a camp fire or get to know one another. I found the people to be great and really supportive of one another, especially when others were trying a sport that they were new to.

The staff was great and really helped make the weekend great. David and Big John are on top of things. Most of the full time staff are from other countries and they are just a pleasure. The weekend staff are local and all volunteer...amazing! The grounds are gorgeous and it is a place that I found peaceful and we will all go back next year for sure!

Looking forward to summer 2014!!

4  Thank JaimeBrooklyn
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I registered for one of their theme weekends via a promotion, and waited for a confirmation email. And waited. And waited. It took several calls over the course of three weeks to finally receive an email receipt, despite the fact that my credit card was charged immediately. Okay, so maybe their registration system was down...

I arrived at the camp, and found out that they had no record of my registering with the promotion. I showed them my receipt, which included the promotion, and they were confused. It took asking three people to verify that yes, the promotion existed and no, I wasn't making it up. When I finally received the promotion package, it was missing two of the major components. A week and a half, two phone calls, two emails, and an in-person meeting later, and I still have not heard back regarding the missing components.

I got to my cabin, and it was rustic. If you're looking for the summer camp experience, this was it. No problems, except the A/C wasn't working. I went back to registration, and they did fix it fairly quickly. I met my roommates, and they made the weekend for me. The weekend I went to was a singles trip, and there was no age restriction. The median age was late 40s-early 50s. Activities were very loosely organized - "intro" activities included instructions like "Here's a kayak paddle. You climb into the boat, and off you go!" and many activities people were unprepared for. The hikes were more like easy walks for anyone who is a true hiker, and the tennis lessons were all beginner-level. The waterfront area is nice, but there are not many lounge chairs. If you're looking for light fun, this is a great place to be. If you're looking for a good workout or hard adventures, this is not it. Breakfast and lunch were great, but dinner was rationed. Wine is free at dinner, and all other drinks are $2 for soda, $4 for beer, and $5-$8 for other drinks throughout the day.

In all, the staff doesn't seem to know or care much about anything, but the facilities are alright and the activities might be fun depending on what you're expecting.

4  Thank michelle j
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Amazing execution of one of the most fun weekends I have had in a long time. Staff was amazing, friendly, fun - tons of activities, great to meet new people excellent food. I will definitely be coming back again!

Room Tip: try to get a cabin near lake front
1  Thank Ashley G
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Just spent the past weekend at Club Getaway and I loved it!!!! No complaints what so ever. The food was excellent, the staff was excellent and the activities were excellent. I enjoyed the CO-ed Keg softball, Dodgeball, Color wars and the Beer Hike which was incredible. The concert Saturday night was hilarious too. I honestly didnt want to leave Sunday afternoon. I'm sold on this place and I'm definitely going every year. I wasted years not going to this place, but now I'm going to make up for it big time. Ive done cruises, visited other countries, vacationed in the united states, but this place has me sold not to do anything else but go here. I played flip cup for the very first time and thats the best game of all time. I really enjoyed all the team sports that were offered. Great place A++++

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple