“A Very Well Organized Fun Weekend”
Review of Club Getaway

Club Getaway
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kent
Wappingers Falls
“A Very Well Organized Fun Weekend”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I reguarly spend at least one weekend at Club Getaway. They attract very friendly people who want to get involved with as many activities as they can. The staff is very dedicated to making sure we find the activities which interest us and are concerned for our safety and fun. The food is delicious and the venue is lovely.

2 Thank GLeinkram

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Glendora, New Jersey
Reviewed August 7, 2013

There is no lack of fun and adventure at Club Getaway! Whether you want to sit by the lake and read a book or involve yourself in your choice of endless activities, you will have a good time. The food selections at each meal is out of this world, not to mention yummy! Coffee and tea available all weekend long. At each meal, they supply water and at each dinner, there is water and wine on your table. The only thing you have to pay extra for is soda and alcoholic beverages (minus the wine at dinner). So if you are a drinker, be prepared to pay out-of-pocket for that. I did Boomers weekend and the activities ranged from archery, trapeze, pole dancing (ladies only!), hiking, bike riding, water skiing, archery, volleyball, karaoke, zip line, color wars, evening dances, live band at dinner Saturday night, and a 1920's theme dance following dinner on Saturday night and more! The staff was courteous and helpful throughout the weekend. My friend and I had a cabin that slept four, and we lucked out with two lovely roommates. You can lock up your keys, wallets and money in the office so you don't have to worry about it all weekend, but if you need it, it's available to you. Register early to take advantage of the lovely goodie bag which included a really nice Club Getaway fleece jacket. Can't beat the activities and the adventure for the price. Met lots of lovely people and made a few new friends as well. Just do it! You won't regret it!

Ayer, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 6, 2013

It was everything I had dreamed of and more. I never went to camp as a kid, so when I found this I signed up. It was worth every dime. Its two days later and I am still talking about it. I have been in 39 of our 50 states and hands down this was the best trip. Lots of great out door activities to try, wonderful food, friendly outstanding staff.
Will go back next year!

1 Thank Babshere2
Briarcliff Manor, New York
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I went with a friend last weekend. Didn't know what to expect, as I hadn't heard much about the place. After checking out the website and a few reviews, I figured I'd give Club Getaway a shot. And I'm glad I did! I'm writing this review because it's the Thursday after the weekend and I'm still thinking about what a great time I had. Everything was better than expected- the food, the activities, the staff were all exceptional. And I didn't expect to get to know the other guests and like them as much as I did, in such a short time.

Some of my fondest memories are of sleep away camp when I was a kid. Club Getaway brought those memories back to life. It also reminded me of some of the all-inclusive vacations I've had more recently. While you won't find the beaches of Anguilla here, the lake and grounds are beautiful- well maintained and rustic. And I tend to be a bit disappointed by the food at higher end resorts (Cap Juluca, Gansevoort, to name a few). But this was not the case at Club Getaway. It was a bit of a shock, during that first dinner, the setting reminded me very much of camp as I was getting to know my new friends at the table, but the food was actually good (food I remember at camp was not like this). We slept in a bunk, not luxurious, but more than adequate, especially with the maid service, much better than I'd ever had at camp. The staff seemed devoted to making sure the guests got what they needed. Many were "weekenders," had been working there for years, they seemed to love the place and to want others to feel the same. And the the nightlife was a blast. Top shelf liquor at reasonable prices (by NYC standards). On the last night they had their buccaneers ball, which was an impressive production. Many dressed as pirates and wenches. Though I didn't costume up, I enjoyed the nightclub vibe. And at the other end of the the beach was a completely different scene, a bonfire with dueling guitars, which I discovered later in the night and thoroughly enjoyed. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Club Getaway is clearly a well run operation and I highly recommend the place. Can't wait to go back!

1 Thank mek2013
Colonia, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

It was a blast, if you like out door activities this is the place for you. If you like night life, its for you. MY only downfall is price of drink, ON top of the average 350+ up person for the weekend, you would expect at least a disctount a liquor. Nope. Pretty much 7 bucks per Jack Daniels. THERE IS NO FREE SODA. You must pay for everything but tap water. Insane So 400 bucks got me 2 dinners, 2 breakfats and a lunch. Along with some activities. For 200 more dollars i could have got to Cancun, where drinks are free. But aside from Drinking, everything was great. Favorite person i met there was an Employee. His name was Ken. IF he wasnt happy to be there it sure fooled me.Ken was our Tennis instructor, and then after that it seemed he was everywhere, doing everything.. Always happy to help, always smiling, even after clearly working 14 strait hours or more. Haveing the prviilage of meeting Ken made the trip. Not many good people out there, glad we met him. Hope he sees this! Ryan and Jen (Tennis)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ryan D
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My friends and I kept seeing ads for Club Getaway and it seemed too good to be true. We finally spent a weekend there last year and had so much fun we just went back last weekend. It's almost impossible to describe the adventure! It's literally camp for adults when an endless supply of fun and beverages. Boring stuff first....the cabins are clean, big enough and air conditioned. The food is FABULOUS!! Now on to the fun. On Friday night you get an itinerary for all weekend activities. There is so much to do there is no way to participate in everything you want in one weekend. This year we tried water skiing, hiking (to kegs located throughout the course!), arts and crafts, bungee trampoline, flip cup, kayaking, kan jam and karaoke. Which left plenty of time for chilling by the lake and meeting new friends. The staff are amazing. The full timers are mostly from the UK, are gorgeous and have adorable accents. The weekend staff are totally there to make sure you have fun. The "campers" were couples, singles and groups. We met so many fantastic people! We have already planned on going back next year at the same time so we can all see each other again. Plus I never got around to trying the trapeze....that's on my bucket list! All of these activities are free - where else does THAT happen!? There is no downside to this awesome place.

Room Tip: We have always had a room by the lake and it's terrific