“Worth checking out!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Club Getaway

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kent
Club Getaway
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kent
Glendora, New Jersey
“Worth checking out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

There is no lack of fun and adventure at Club Getaway! Whether you want to sit by the lake and read a book or involve yourself in your choice of endless activities, you will have a good time. The food selections at each meal is out of this world, not to mention yummy! Coffee and tea available all weekend long. At each meal, they supply water and at each dinner, there is water and wine on your table. The only thing you have to pay extra for is soda and alcoholic beverages (minus the wine at dinner). So if you are a drinker, be prepared to pay out-of-pocket for that. I did Boomers weekend and the activities ranged from archery, trapeze, pole dancing (ladies only!), hiking, bike riding, water skiing, archery, volleyball, karaoke, zip line, color wars, evening dances, live band at dinner Saturday night, and a 1920's theme dance following dinner on Saturday night and more! The staff was courteous and helpful throughout the weekend. My friend and I had a cabin that slept four, and we lucked out with two lovely roommates. You can lock up your keys, wallets and money in the office so you don't have to worry about it all weekend, but if you need it, it's available to you. Register early to take advantage of the lovely goodie bag which included a really nice Club Getaway fleece jacket. Can't beat the activities and the adventure for the price. Met lots of lovely people and made a few new friends as well. Just do it! You won't regret it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Ayer, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

It was everything I had dreamed of and more. I never went to camp as a kid, so when I found this I signed up. It was worth every dime. Its two days later and I am still talking about it. I have been in 39 of our 50 states and hands down this was the best trip. Lots of great out door activities to try, wonderful food, friendly outstanding staff.
Will go back next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Babshere2
Briarcliff Manor, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I went with a friend last weekend. Didn't know what to expect, as I hadn't heard much about the place. After checking out the website and a few reviews, I figured I'd give Club Getaway a shot. And I'm glad I did! I'm writing this review because it's the Thursday after the weekend and I'm still thinking about what a great time I had. Everything was better than expected- the food, the activities, the staff were all exceptional. And I didn't expect to get to know the other guests and like them as much as I did, in such a short time.

Some of my fondest memories are of sleep away camp when I was a kid. Club Getaway brought those memories back to life. It also reminded me of some of the all-inclusive vacations I've had more recently. While you won't find the beaches of Anguilla here, the lake and grounds are beautiful- well maintained and rustic. And I tend to be a bit disappointed by the food at higher end resorts (Cap Juluca, Gansevoort, to name a few). But this was not the case at Club Getaway. It was a bit of a shock, during that first dinner, the setting reminded me very much of camp as I was getting to know my new friends at the table, but the food was actually good (food I remember at camp was not like this). We slept in a bunk, not luxurious, but more than adequate, especially with the maid service, much better than I'd ever had at camp. The staff seemed devoted to making sure the guests got what they needed. Many were "weekenders," had been working there for years, they seemed to love the place and to want others to feel the same. And the the nightlife was a blast. Top shelf liquor at reasonable prices (by NYC standards). On the last night they had their buccaneers ball, which was an impressive production. Many dressed as pirates and wenches. Though I didn't costume up, I enjoyed the nightclub vibe. And at the other end of the the beach was a completely different scene, a bonfire with dueling guitars, which I discovered later in the night and thoroughly enjoyed. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Club Getaway is clearly a well run operation and I highly recommend the place. Can't wait to go back!

1 Thank mek2013
Colonia, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

It was a blast, if you like out door activities this is the place for you. If you like night life, its for you. MY only downfall is price of drink, ON top of the average 350+ up person for the weekend, you would expect at least a disctount a liquor. Nope. Pretty much 7 bucks per Jack Daniels. THERE IS NO FREE SODA. You must pay for everything but tap water. Insane So 400 bucks got me 2 dinners, 2 breakfats and a lunch. Along with some activities. For 200 more dollars i could have got to Cancun, where drinks are free. But aside from Drinking, everything was great. Favorite person i met there was an Employee. His name was Ken. IF he wasnt happy to be there it sure fooled me.Ken was our Tennis instructor, and then after that it seemed he was everywhere, doing everything.. Always happy to help, always smiling, even after clearly working 14 strait hours or more. Haveing the prviilage of meeting Ken made the trip. Not many good people out there, glad we met him. Hope he sees this! Ryan and Jen (Tennis)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ryan D
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

My friends and I kept seeing ads for Club Getaway and it seemed too good to be true. We finally spent a weekend there last year and had so much fun we just went back last weekend. It's almost impossible to describe the adventure! It's literally camp for adults when an endless supply of fun and beverages. Boring stuff first....the cabins are clean, big enough and air conditioned. The food is FABULOUS!! Now on to the fun. On Friday night you get an itinerary for all weekend activities. There is so much to do there is no way to participate in everything you want in one weekend. This year we tried water skiing, hiking (to kegs located throughout the course!), arts and crafts, bungee trampoline, flip cup, kayaking, kan jam and karaoke. Which left plenty of time for chilling by the lake and meeting new friends. The staff are amazing. The full timers are mostly from the UK, are gorgeous and have adorable accents. The weekend staff are totally there to make sure you have fun. The "campers" were couples, singles and groups. We met so many fantastic people! We have already planned on going back next year at the same time so we can all see each other again. Plus I never got around to trying the trapeze....that's on my bucket list! All of these activities are free - where else does THAT happen!? There is no downside to this awesome place.

Room Tip: We have always had a room by the lake and it's terrific
3 Thank Susan W
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

The cabins were pretty nice and rustic. Of course no televisions so that sort of stunk but that;s what helped make it have the camp feel. There are a limited number of outlets so try to make that work. There is an A/C and a fan so the rooms will get nice and cold in the hot summer. The food was alright and the activities were really fun. The hike in the mountains was beautiful! The workers were really nice and they were all from foreign countries from some program so that was kind of cool. I recommend not going with a camp group but just with a couples or singles trip. Oh and last but not least there is wifi, but since everyone would be on the network it will be really slow so don't use it.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Drew H
Auburn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I just came back from the July 4th 2013 weekend Getaway. I had a fantastic time.

I read prior reviews telling others to bring their own sheets, towels and flip flops for the shower. I didn't need any of this. The cabin was very clean and there was no need for the sheets and towels.

The people who worked there were great. I've never seen a happier group who was so focused on my having a good experience. The people who worked there was extremely attentive to the guests.

The food was unbelievable. For breakfast, lunch and dinner, it was a great spread. Every day, they offered great food by the grills around happy hour. From reviews I read, there was mention of bringing snacks. I brought snacks and ended up bringing them all back home with me because there was no need for more food. I also brought water which was unnecessary. It was a very hot weekend, and there was plenty of water provided all weekend.

The entertainment at night was great. It was nonstop. There was great entertainment for an hour after dinner every night.. Then, it continued with a great band the first night and a unique triple DJ experience another night.

The number of events offered was great. I got to waterski for the first time. They had a hot air balloon ride. There was all level of biking rides offered (beginner, intermediate, advanced). They had a trapese event. My favorite event was a hike up the mountain where you could rapelle down a rock wall and climb back up the wall. The view from that area was incredible.

Overall, I had a fantastic time. I have never seen a business run so well.

2 Thank nch1060
ClubGetaway_kent, Owner at Club Getaway, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you so much for joining us over the July 4th holiday and for your positive feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed our activities, including the Rock Hike, rappelling, and trapeze. We hope you join us soon for another great Club Getaway weekend!
Best Regards,
David
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Litchfield Inn
Starbuck Inn Bed and Breakfast
The Cornwall Inn
The Cornwall Inn
#1 of 1 in Cornwall

Been to Club Getaway? Share your experiences!