Club Getaway
$105
$100
  • Free Internet
Red Carpet Inn(New Milford)
$69
Hotels.com
The Rocky River Inn(New Milford)(Great Value!)
$98
$90
Priceline
Homestead Inn(New Milford)(Great Value!)
$125
White Hart Inn(Salisbury)
$260
$250
Hotels.com
All reviewszip linesummer camprock climbingboat housearts and craftsan absolute blastfun filled weekendgreat weekendbike ridinglabor day weekendflip cupsleeping bagropes courseaerial parkfamily camparcherytrapeze
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

To be fair-the activities offered are numerous , varied , and I'm sure-quite entertaining. I personally left after my first night because of the following reasons:

1. Bathroom-abhorrent. No seriously. How anyone could feel comfortable " cleaning " one self in these tiny, poorly maintained facilities is beyond me. Do NOT go without a set of flip flops/ shower shoes. The two women I was sharing the cabin with the first night didnt-they were sorry. I left mine with them as a parting gift.
Shower too small to do anything but let the water run over you as you try to soap your body without touching the walls. Forget shaving your legs in the shower. Just forget it. Don't be obese if you're planning to shower here-you won't fit. I'm not being funny.

2. Mouse droppings on the bedding/pillows. Presumably, because the mice are running across the beds

3. Lord help you if your heat goes out and they cannot figure out the cause. Again, to be fair-it was a miserable , freezing rainy night when I was there. I asked for the heat to be repaired-you know-because it's hard to sleep in an unheated log cabin in ambient temps in the 40s. Took hours to get someone to the cabin-and the solution was a space heater.

4. Cabins remain unlocked at all times -until " the last person comes in for the night" . There are no keys-so anyone can come into your cabin at will.

I expect some standards for a three day weekend that cost me $600 and change-I mean really.

The activities seeme like they would be cool-but the living conditions will prevent me from ever returning-even in good weather.

Maybe if you're drunk enough , you won't care. Have at it.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Maria S
ClubGetaway_kent, Owner at Club Getaway, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give your honest and critical feedback. We are known for our fantastic and unique activities, as well as our sense of community. It was the coldest weekend that we ever experienced during our season. We are constantly upgrading our facilities, including our cabins, bathrooms and showers. I apologize that our cabins did not meet up to your standards. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss 860-927-3664.
Best Regards,
David

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I went to Club Getaway with my school on our senior trip. The first complaint is the cabin that we were put it. The Pine Grove 4 cabin was absolutely horrifying. As you can see from the picture below, there were dead insects all over the place. Clearly, it has not been cleaned thoroughly. The ceiling had cracks and water leaked through it since it rained heavily. Some of the material of the walls fell onto our heads. The bathroom floor was stained with blood and the garbage can was full to the brim when we first went inside, which shows that the room was not cleaned. The beds were made out of the worst material ever. My lightest friend sat on one of the beds and the whole thing dented. The electricity went out and our toilet wouldn't flush. The whole room was generally unpleasant, stuffy, and disgustingly horrifying. The second complaint is the ignorance of the staff. We explained our situation to them and they refused to rearrange us to another cabin. However, they did comply to our other wishes such as fix the toilet and electricity. The activities were fun and the staff tried to keep us as busy as possible. However, due to the rain, none of the activities were as fun as they should be. We missed out on a lot of activities as well. The gear was stinky and dirty as well for each activity. We had a dance party two times on the same day because they couldn't think of much other ideas. The planning was disorganized and I am very unsatisfied by the quality of this place. I heard many good things about Club Getaway, but from my experience, this club just wasn't the "getaway" I had in mind,

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
9  Thank JazzyReviews
Reviewed May 11, 2013

it was a kind of a usual thing, not a perfect trip but it's good.

place- bugs everywhere not that clean
people- good
activities- some good and some average, they have rock climbing and etc.
good trip.

Room Tip: rooms that are the cleaner than other rooms are best.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank patricka j
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I haven't attended their camp. But, I went there with my school for 1 day. The staff wasn't good.. Ok because they promised us an ice cream party and never gave it to us! And there was long lines for everything!! One of the staff really just hated me. They gave us rice Krispy treats, he threw it up in the air and it hit me in the eye and he laughed and he loved yelling at me for no reason. However, the location was beautiful and the food was OK. Overall, everything was good basically besides one of the staff members.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed October 15, 2012

1st time to Getaway.Much more fun than we expected because we R in our 50's. Lots of activiies to choose from so we did things normally we don't have the opportunity-like zip lining, archery and trampoline bungy- all guided by international pros. Each one was great fun! Food was better than any fancy resort. Desserts were to die for! Linen table clothes, generous wine, service staff, clean towels every morning=not expected at camp! Rustic but comfortable cabins-as a camp should be.Staff made everyone feel included and kept every moment fun.
Halloween costume party, great band after dinner with lively dancing, tail gating, drinking games,hiking the beautiful grounds,and not enough energy to do all the offerings.
We will return next year and are planning to make one weekend our family reunion. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Many cabins to choose from if you register early. Lake or meadow view but all are convenient to activities,meals and lodges. Pack light and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple